Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PusiKuracAcne

Minocycline Capsules vs Tablets

Okay so the beginning of this year my doctor put me on Minocycline 100MG Capsules and my face cleared up like heaven and I was so happy and content to the point where I didn't even have to use BP anymore, then I went off of it for a long time till now

and of course my face is now broken out way worse than it was before I even was on that, but whatever.

So now I go back and the Minocycline is now in tablet formation and not capsule. I'm quit concerned because I wanted the same pills that made my skin clear. I know that it is claimed, they all work the same, but how can a tablet and capsule both work the same?!?

Should I go back to my doctor and demand him to give me the pills I've been taking or just stick with this?

The other thing is it maybe because the pills he gave me were generic Minocycline 100MG where these are Brand Name Minoz 100MG. Maybe that makes a difference?

UGH Acne and Acne problems puts a strain on my brain........ :confused:

I was told by a Pharm that the tablets are just as effective as the capsules-he also said, the tablets are less expensive to produce. If you're willing to pay more go get the capsules. I don't even like using generics-even though they claim them to be just as good.

I was told by a Pharm that the tablets are just as effective as the capsules-he also said, the tablets are less expensive to produce. If you're willing to pay more go get the capsules. I don't even like using generics-even though the claim to be just as good.

I know...

I don't like generic either. I thought what I was getting perscribed before was name brand, then on the last perscription bottle I got form before, it said in ( ) "Generic. I almost threw up practically. Generic = cheap and unsatisfying.

But what is odd is the tablets I have now are Brand Named. Not generic, I asked lol. But we'll see if it works just ask good, if it doesn't I'll be really sad.

Okay so the beginning of this year my doctor put me on Minocycline 100MG Capsules and my face cleared up like heaven and I was so happy and content to the point where I didn't even have to use BP anymore, then I went off of it for a long time till now

and of course my face is now broken out way worse than it was before I even was on that, but whatever.

So now I go back and the Minocycline is now in tablet formation and not capsule. I'm quit concerned because I wanted the same pills that made my skin clear. I know that it is claimed, they all work the same, but how can a tablet and capsule both work the same?!?

Should I go back to my doctor and demand him to give me the pills I've been taking or just stick with this?

The other thing is it maybe because the pills he gave me were generic Minocycline 100MG where these are Brand Name Minoz 100MG. Maybe that makes a difference?

UGH Acne and Acne problems puts a strain on my brain........ :confused:

Like someone said earlier, the tablets and capsules should work the same because it is is the same antibiotic, but just in a different form. Also, be sure to check in with your dermatologist once your skin starts clearing up. Technically, once the skin gets clear, you are suppose to TAPER off the drug (not stopping all together). Also, if you don't start seeing results after several weeks, it could also be your now resistant to the antibiotic. So you'd have to go back also and your dermatologits might have to give you a stronger medication.