Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
COD4: MODERN WARFARE 2!

preparation for a TCA peel

the alpha hydrox souffle has a 12% Glycolic AHA. is that what im suppose to use as preparation before the TCA peel? is that the right stuff?

Yes, 12% is on the higher side, but it's still ok.

Also, I see under your avatar that it says "accutaner". Under NO circumstances should you do an acid peel on your face if you are on accutane, or were on accutane within the past 6 months. This is very serious, because accutane affects your skin's healing ability and if you do a facial peel on your already delicate skin it will take an extra long time to heal and the skin might not regenerate the new skin back properly.

Just a heads up if that is the case...

yes make sure you haven't used accutane in recent months or the TCA will be disastrous.

I did a couple of TCA peels last year, they were not hugely successful but i was recommended in the instructions to use a AHA product for a couple of weeks beforehand. Also dont shave or anything which would irritate the skin...

what % tca did you use? i want to use a 15% tca peel for my full face. this is my first tca peel, but not chemical peel. do you think 15% for a full face peel is too much? my skin is pretty rough and not sensitive.

Everybody's skin is different, but I did a 25% on my face (and many claim this is the average), and it peeled pretty well. However, with 25%, you will very likely have a week of downtime.

why don't you try a lesser strength first to see how you tolerated. Because TCA is strongest of the 3 groups, I would start from a lower strength such as 12.5%

FYI, 25% is WAYYYYYYYYYY too strong for first time user...18%-21% is already strong

was your professional done or a done at home? i am planning to do it at home and wanted to ask some questions. what did you use to apply the acid on your face and how much acid did you know to use?

Mine was just done at home, I bought the TCA off of eBay. I knew how much to use because it came with information, plus I did some researching online.

why don't you try a lesser strength first to see how you tolerated. Because TCA is strongest of the 3 groups, I would start from a lower strength such as 12.5%

FYI, 25% is WAYYYYYYYYYY too strong for first time user...18%-21% is already strong

If you do a quick google search, you should find quite a few different articles/websites that state 25% is the average used by most people for a mild peel. I was a first time user with TCA and I had no problems, it worked just fine and as expected...with the downtime of course.

It is always a good idea to spot test though.

I used a 25% peel for the first time and it didnt work all that well, but it peeled nicely.

its just that the red marks were still kind of there like before... as long as you prepare for the peel by using AHA a couple of weeks before there isnt a huge risk, but BE CAREFUL though

I still would suggest against rushing onto 25% on your first tca application...Different people respond differently but generally, I believe it's morally wrong to recommend 25% on first use, after all, its only a couple minutes of applications that can make you regret for weeks or months...I say, go for the safer approach and see how you tolerate the new chemical first

i think im try a either a 15% or 18%. leaning toward 18%. what brand tca peel did you guy use? what would you recommend? im thinking makeupartistchoice

Mine wasn't name brand, it was just a small bottle of 100% TCA solution purchased for a decent price on eBay.

makeup artist's choice is good, i've bought from them in the past...tth1990, I would be very careful buying unbranded chemicals from ebay, because you will never know what exactly is being mixed and because it's not branded, they have less liabilities...but not every unbrands are created equal, so it's ur call.

makeup artist's choice is good, i've bought from them in the past...tth1990, I would be very careful buying unbranded chemicals from ebay, because you will never know what exactly is being mixed and because it's not branded, they have less liabilities...but not every unbrands are created equal, so it's ur call.

You are right, it's more of a risk, but I DID buy from a seller on eBay who has sold it for a long time and had hundreds (maybe thousands; can't remember) of positive feedback on it.