Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeautifulSkinAgain

I only see faults in my appearance!!!

Okay I am 48. I hate the way I look. Yet, if you saw me you would say I'm reasonable normal. I have even been called good looking in my day. There was a time when I suppose I was. However, after battling acne and other OCD things I hate the way I look.

Just tonight I see that not only do I have a ruddy complexion, I also have an overbite that looks dumb. This overbite is made worse by the fact that I had my upper teeth bonded years ago.

I can go on and on. When I see myself I just see all the negatives.

I know there is an OCD trait called body morphing. I wonder if I have some of it.

Dear beautiful lady,

I would like to say that although you may feel there is only bad things about you, you need to realize that many people overlook these faults whenever they see you. Most people are too concerned with the way that THEY look to even care about you, to be sadly honest.

I also have an overbite, and many other bad traits that I do not like. But at the end of the day, if these are all that I focus on, I am not living. You need to let go in order to thrive. You can never be all that you can be if you focus on the little things in life and obsess yourself into destruction.

please pm me if you need to talk. i am always here to listen.

Dear beautiful lady,

I would like to say that although you may feel there is only bad things about you, you need to realize that many people overlook these faults whenever they see you.

Thank you!

You should know that I am a man! LOL! And a straight man!

That's how obsessed I am.

I will PM you.

Thanks

Dear beautiful lady,

I would like to say that although you may feel there is only bad things about you, you need to realize that many people overlook these faults whenever they see you.

Thank you!

You should know that I am a man! LOL! And a straight man!

That's how obsessed I am.

I will PM you.

Thanks

ahaha I was merely teasing, as from the sound of your post (and your username), it seemed to be coming from a lady.

But my advice stays the same, as does my offer for support when needed.

I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself. I have a cross bite and my teeth are generally fucked (curse you English dental care) so I know how much that can upset a person. I don't like my cheeks or jaw either, I also think my eyes are too dark and I have a weird voice. Yet, despite all these things I dislike about myself, I am not treated any different to anyone else. We're our own worst critic, and maybe you are showing signs of Body Dysmorphia (try bddcentral.com - I used it when I had no self esteem and it did help me) it's a gradual process learning to accept and love yourself, but you can do it!

Okay I am 48. I hate the way I look. Yet, if you saw me you would say I'm reasonable normal. I have even been called good looking in my day. There was a time when I suppose I was. However, after battling acne and other OCD things I hate the way I look.

Just tonight I see that not only do I have a ruddy complexion, I also have an overbite that looks dumb. This overbite is made worse by the fact that I had my upper teeth bonded years ago.

I can go on and on. When I see myself I just see all the negatives.

I know there is an OCD trait called body morphing. I wonder if I have some of it.

In my opinion Beautifulskinagain.. You ARE a VERY GOOD looking man. Seriously. You aren't on here much, yet, I still remember when you posted your very attractive picture.

Do check out the body dysmorphic site Cailbos mentioned. It's a start on the right track and may help you look at yourself differently.. I do wish you well.