Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yo Adrienne!

bright yellow urine?

I remember reading about that when I was on it. I believe they also mentioned dark urine "whatever the that is", but I think it said tell the derm if you get dark urine. Since you're getting blood test to make sure every thing's fine-I won't worry about, but would tell the doc and drink tons of water. I doubt I drank enough water when I was on it. I noticed when I took multi vitamins, I got the same thing.

It could either be not drinking enough water or taking in a lot of vitamins. When I used to take my "performance" vitamins, my urine was pretty much glow in the dark.

Just drink more water and it should be fine. You're supposed to drink a lot when you're on accutane anyways :)

If it's not one of those, you might want to ask a doctor to be safe.

Bright yellow pee means your body is just flushing out the excess of water-soluble vitamins in your system. Your body can only immedietly use and store a certain amount of these vitamins, and what is not needed it flushed out in your pee. That's why it happens when people take multi-vitamins, because they give you way more vitamins than your body knows what to do with, PLUS the vitamins you already are getting from your food. I doubt it's anything to worry about.

it either means you're dehydrated, which is what accutane does.

or its just extra toxins, vitamins, minerals, etc being flushed out.