Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LATOO

4th month people...

I know there was a lot of people who were starting when I did so I was just wandering how you guys were doing?

I'm still breaking out. Not too often its slowing down a big but Im still not clear....and I have red marks :(

im starting my 10th week and my face looks worse than ever. i just ordered some Emu Oil yesterday... is is supposed to help the inflamation, scars, and help your skin heal faster. we'll see. how many mg/day are you on?

60mg. I just started my 4th month last week.

I hit my cumulative dose next month, maybe things will get better once my course is over or after I've been on 60 mg a little longer.

I'm finally clear... now I just have to worry about my Rosacea (and red marks, but once I get a good makeup this shouldn't be as much of a problem). The Rosacea sucks big time, but I'm SO happy to be finally clear. Stick with it, I hope you guys clear up soon!

I'm finally clear... now I just have to worry about my Rosacea (and red marks, but once I get a good makeup this shouldn't be as much of a problem). The Rosacea sucks big time, but I'm SO happy to be finally clear. Stick with it, I hope you guys clear up soon!

Congrats! I have two actives on my face right now but I have the dreadful redmarks which makes it look severe still.

I am approaching my fourth month in 4 days, and my skin has finally taken a slight reprieve of constant break-outs. My skin is much smoother, but I do have flare ups (2-3 pimples) every now and again, but a definite progression from 4 months back.

Im just starting up my 5th(hopefully final) month. Im pretty happy with how my face has improved...I dont break out anymore and am waiting for some redness to reside. My back still has some cysts but they are starting to get smaller. My dose is currently 100mg/day and thankfully i havent suffered too badly.

I am ready to be done with the dry lips though!

well im wandering if i should stoptaking accutane. I just washe dmy make up off and have about 5 new pimples. I dont understand its a new pimple everyday...it wasnt liek this b4 i was on accutane...i went thru a week of clear at least once a month. what do u guys think i should do? by 4 months u wouldnt think it would be getting WORSE.

ive been wanting to give up lately too because my skin was better off before. but i mean... you've made it this far... so might as well finish the treatment right? my derm said that some people dont clear up until AFTER they stop taking accutane. so the longer you take it, the better chance you have of your acne not coming back later. just hang in there!! i feel pretty hopeless about it right now too... but hopefully we will have GORGEOUS skin when we are done! good luck!!!

yeah im almost done w/ my 2nd month & i feel like every day my skin is getting worse

its reassuring hearing from other people that im not alone though...

b/c if i was i would think about quitting

but i guess ill stick it out & see it through

I just started my 4th month, and I have to say, I couldn't be happier. I can't remember the last time I had a cyst..oh, yeah I can, month 2. I have had tiny whiteheads behind my ears and along my hairline. I have had some pimples on my shoulders and back, but not the giant, painful eruptions I have had before.

In all honesty, I've never been happier with my skin.

I am at almost 15 weeks, so 5 more weeks to go. My breakouts have pretty much stopped. I still get a spot every now and again, mostly from old clogged pores that finally come to the surface but that's it. Now I am starting to feel like the tone of my skin is improving.

I am pretty happy with my results and can't wait to see how my skin looks in another 5 weeks!!

im starting my 10th week and my face looks worse than ever. i just ordered some Emu Oil yesterday... is is supposed to help the inflamation, scars, and help your skin heal faster. we'll see. how many mg/day are you on?

Hey, seems we are in the same boat, I have now been on accutane since 22nd October and I can't really say alot has changed... it could have possibly got worse! Im on 60mg, got another derm appointment on xmas eve lol!

I am about a week away from being done my 4th month and I am actually FINALLY starting to be excited about the progress. Up until the end of last week I was still breaking out with some pretty nasty cysts (3 or so a week around the end of month 3, then 2 a week, and last week was just 1), but after my last cyst I can feel that under my skin I don't think I have anything else major to come out. I have no actives right now and only red marks which take a while to heal, but to everyone else having a rough time...just hang in there! It will get better. I hoped I was one of those people who hardly broke out to start but sadly I kept breaking out through month 4, and now I think I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck everyone!

Hey LATOO -- I think we started around the same time. I am currently going into a 5th month. My derm said I was at 95% when I was there on Nov. 26th. So one more month. With the meds that I have skipped because of headaches I should be done around January 20th. I can't wait to be done!! I have had a few little pimples pop up but nothing like before. It's working great for me. Just can't wait to be done!!

Good to hear your doing good! Im just finishing up my 4 month in 9 days and things are starting to improve (as of now) Im hoping for the best!!!