Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kel

still clear........

just wanted to share... i have been using the regimen since 12 wks pregnant and am still clear.

using neutrogena oil fee wash,panoxyl gel 2.5 of course, and neutrogena spf15,i hope its not just the pregnancy thats giving me clear skin,as i hope this sticks as i religiously do 2x a day.

AWESOME! We have alot of women ask about how the regimen may affect them when they become pregnant, so this is good news all around to hear!

i forgot to add i use jojoba oil in morning only and this seem to make massive difference to not getting redness.

my pregnancy is going well thanks, im having a boy! my husband suffers with eczema,its very mild now and with my acne lets hope my skin has normal skin type! ha ha

Hi, I was just wondering, I've heard that it's not recommended to use BP while pregnant. Did your doctor say it was ok? I hope to start trying to get pregnant in a year but worry what I'll do if I can't use BP anymore.

i wouldnt use BP unless my doc said ok to be honest , i mean i hate havng shitty skin, but baby comes first. i have had several docs say its regularly used for years and no reported probs,so i was fine with that,and i use such a small amount and remain clear.

that's good to know. of course, I'll consult my doctor when I do get pregnant but I hope if I have problem skin while pregnant to be able to use BP. I switched to 2.5% from 5% just in case and to prepare my skin and make sure I have less BP in my system. Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you. Congrats on your pregnancy. I can't wait to get pregnant, but we have to wait until I get a full time job with benefits and we have the credit cards paid off. Oh well, I'll enjoy this time of "freedom" :)

some docs do still advise agaisnt it,to cover themselves. there is NO evidence to suggest any links between fetal abnormalities and BP,and my doc is my general doc and trained as a dermatologist and told me this was standard perscription for acne along side antibiotics.

my pregnancy is going well and my baby seems fine and healthy,and i no lots of people who used BP in pregnancy. i think the bottom line is if you are not comfortable with it,then dont do it.

yeah we waited till we got married and sorted out finances before we got pregnant,its wise...as there is lots to buy! :)