Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thejuicebox

Proactiv v. Dan

Im sure this topic has been brought up many times before, but I dont feel like searching through all the old posts.... has anyone used proactiv AND Dans regimen? stories about which worked better for you? tips, advice?

i suggest that you search.. because i just searched for the keyword 'proactiv' on this forum and i found the answers that you might be looking for.

anyways~ since i've tried out both products, i'll give you my experience.

i was a proactiv user for about 4 years before switching over to dan's stuff beginning of this year. problem with proactiv for me was that it never really eliminated my acne. it just somewhat kept it under control but there were times where i'd breakout. after 4 years of using it, i got sick and tired of it not working so i tried dan's regimen. i must say its worked WAY better than proactiv for me. its managing my breakouts and my acne a lot better than proactiv. but of course with dan's regimen, i broke out quite often at the start but now its pretty good. i'm not 100% cleared yet but i'm being patient. i'm happy as to how much dan's regime has done so far. :)

if you have any questions based on my experience just ask~

please try Dan's. I used ProActiv for a couple years. It never really prevented my acne. After trying Dan's regimen and learning the logic behind it I can see why it works.

Once I started the regimen my skin gradually got better. After about 3 months my skin was perfect and since then I haven't had a single pimple. The regimen is amazing. Thanks Dan!

I was on Proactive for three months, I've been on Dan's regimen for 3 years. Thus, for me, the DKR is what worked. It was through Proactiv that I realized BP is the key to my skin's clearing, and Dan's stuff is not only cheaper, but formulated in a much more stable and consistent manner.

most of the negatives about proactiv that i see are irritation, but i dont really have this problem. my only real concern is effectiveness, but i dont imagine i will get too many people posting negative things about dans regimen on this board...

proactiv never irritated my skin either. dan's regimen did irritate my skin i'd say until the 4th month. i think effectiveness of the products depends on the person. dan's regimen works better for me, but i have a friend who used proactiv and her face completely cleared out.

most of the negatives about proactiv that i see are irritation, but i dont really have this problem. my only real concern is effectiveness, but i dont imagine i will get too many people posting negative things about dans regimen on this board...

I'd suggest comparing the ratings.

Check out the Proactiv ratings, and then check out Dan's product ratings (each product is listed separately, not as a system like Proactiv)

http://www.acne.org/rate.php

Check out the Proactiv ratings, and then check out Dan's product ratings (each product is listed separately, not as a system like Proactiv)

but whose going to rate dan's products negatively? if they didnt like them, they wouldnt on this site. im sure there are great reviews for proactiv on its website too...

but whose going to rate dan's products negatively? if they didnt like them, they wouldnt on this site. im sure there are great reviews for proactiv on its website too...

Dan provides a lot of ways for people to give feedback about his products. Off the top of my head: the reviews section of the site, these forums, direct email to Dan, and customer service. The reviews pages and forums are uncensored. You can post a negative review of an Acne.org product, and that's okay, it'll be there for everyone to see along with the positive reviews (unless you were spamming or attacking people or trolling of course). Dan's products get great reviews compared to most other products, but if you look hard enough, you will find some complaints. There are also other websites that review skin products like makeupalley.com that are wholly unaffiliated with Acne.org, and Dan's products have received favorable reviews there. (You might compare the Acne.org reviews at makeupalley to the Proactiv reviews.) Even Paula Begoun, who is very reluctant to give positive reviews to the vast majority of skincare products, commented that Dan's products are well-formulated.

You will not see the kind of transparency you find here on commercial acne websites like for Proactiv, Neutrogena, Murad, etc. These sites generally don't allow potential customers to see unfiltered reviews of their products, just universally glowing testimonials, which are always hard to trust.

My personal experience with Proactiv was more or less similar to what others have said: cleanser irritated my skin, toner did nothing, I wasn't using enough BP lotion for it to work on me, and my skin was very dry and chapped-looking because I didn't know I could use a moisturizer. I used it for 6 months with basically no results, went off it with no difference in my skin besides less redness and dryness, went on the Acne.org regimen a few months later. The Acne.org regimen has very successful for my moderate inflamed acne and I'm still at this site after three years because of how much it has improved my life.