Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thejuicebox

Face Washing for Shaving

I use a preshave oil for shaving(which, by the way, i totally recommend to every guy!) i wash and then use the oil and shave cream to shave. My question is whether i can wash my face again after shaving since i dont feel all the oil comes off just by shaving and rinsing with water. I use cetaphil cleanser, and just purchased dans regimen. Will washing twice within 10 minutes or so be that bad compared to washing just the one time?? it hasnt dried out my skin or anything that ive noticed, but i cant tell if there are any adverse effects i dont notice. thanks!

That sounds like a lot of washing. Can you just shave first then wash when you're done?

Dan actually recommends using his facial cleanser to shave with, then just briefly wash the rest of your face when you're done. This produces less irritation, fewer products to have to buy, and it saves time.

I use a preshave oil for shaving(which, by the way, i totally recommend to every guy!) i wash and then use the oil and shave cream to shave. My question is whether i can wash my face again after shaving since i dont feel all the oil comes off just by shaving and rinsing with water. I use cetaphil cleanser, and just purchased dans regimen. Will washing twice within 10 minutes or so be that bad compared to washing just the one time?? it hasnt dried out my skin or anything that ive noticed, but i cant tell if there are any adverse effects i dont notice. thanks!

i honestly dont know how he does it, but trying to shave with facial cleanser is horrendously irritating