Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Giselle23

Makeup question!

Does anyone has any recommendations for mineral makeup? I used Bare Minerals up until a couple of months ago because it made my face look shiny/oily.

Hi there and welcome to the boards! We have tons of members with all the answers to your questions - I'm going to move this to the appropriete forum so you'll get those responses!

Does anyone has any recommendations for mineral makeup? I used Bare Minerals up until a couple of months ago because it made my face look shiny/oily.

Try www.everydayminerals.com. You can get a free sample kit for just $3 shipping. In the kit, you can pick 3 foundations, 1 blush and 1 concealer. A lot of people like it better than BM because it doesn't contain Bismuth.

~Crystal~

I had bought mineral makeup a while back hoping to reap the benefits, however it did exactly the opposite. I used to apply it under my liquid foundation, but I ended up breaking out and decided to stop using it. It could be that I am allergic to something in it. I have lots of scarring though.

Edited by bollywood

Try www.everydayminerals.com. You can get a free sample kit for just $3 shipping. In the kit, you can pick 3 foundations, 1 blush and 1 concealer. A lot of people like it better than BM because it doesn't contain Bismuth.

~Crystal~

This was exactly what I was going to suggest. I ordered the free samples, liked them, adjusted the colours a bit when I ordered normal sizes, and still use it today. Not everyone likes the mint concealer, but I love it because my face is often fairly red - just have to be careful not to put much on, or you will look a bit green/oddly pale.

[...I realize now that this reply is pointless since your original message was over two months ago, haha. Did you end up liking Everyday Minerals at all? If not, what do you use now?]

That's funny because I unknowingly responded to several old threads on here when I first joined, but any comment on this is helpful. I gave it a try when I first got the sample kit and despite having ordered the intensive foundation, it gave me barely any coverage. I used their kabuki brush and someone recommended that I try the flat brush, so yesterday I ordered another sample kit and bought a flat top brush. Do you have any other recommendations for better coverage, and how do you apply it?

hello! my name is KerriAnn and i just started accutane...i have an obsession with makeup and i have tried soo many kinds...however while on minocycline and doxycycline i loved glo minerals! it worked amazing and stayed on all day! its about 39 for the pressed powder which i used with a mineral brush called the ultra brush...loved it...i will keep you updated though to see how it works with the accutane or rather.....if it still looks good :)

I love this website because it exposes me to so many products I have never heard of. Does glo minerals provide enough coverage? I love mineral makeup because it is so lightweight, so I am waiting on my skin to clear up a little more before I wear it out in public. Thank you for the suggestion! :)

Hi I've been using alima pure, and this is the best mineral makeup i've come across. Though the shades here are a little different. Unfortunately they only sell online (a few select locations), but they have samples (for a $1). When you order through them (even if it is samples) they include 3 samples free. The best thing is that this company is approved by European standards, and they are truly all natural. If you want to try them, order a few different shades of foundation/concealer because they are a bit lighter toned. They also make custom made foundations (like if you want to two different shades mixed together). www.alimapure.com

Bollywood -- I really feel for you, because I too have had to deal with acne and scarring for a very long time. Actually 35 years. My self esteem has always been low, and still is. I too don't like to look in mirrors. I wear glasses, and will not get laser surgery for my eyes because then I would see myself in the mirror. Right now I am just a blur!

However, because of my career in management I've had to appear Confident. And it's like putting makeup on.... it's an act that I put on for eight or ten hours a day.

There was no such thing as accutane when I had active acne... just lots of useless antibiotics.

I've always thought that if I could wish for one thing in my life.... it would be to have normal skin.

So after living with acne for so long, laser technology became available and I'm at the point in life where I can afford it. After many treatments (and thousands of dollars), I see about a 20% improvement.

Then along came some serious health problems. And guess what? Scarring is the least of my worries now.

Please don't let acne ruin your life. You can still enjoy so much.

hello! my name is KerriAnn and i just started accutane...i have an obsession with makeup and i have tried soo many kinds...however while on minocycline and doxycycline i loved glo minerals! it worked amazing and stayed on all day! its about 39 for the pressed powder which i used with a mineral brush called the ultra brush...loved it...i will keep you updated though to see how it works with the accutane or rather.....if it still looks good :)

im on accutane and im using Everyday Minerals and i love it! my face is dry (but not flakey) and i use a lot of moisturizer and it stays on and looks great. i dont think i would use this makeup during a break out though. i would go back to liquid foundation (my beloved este lauder double wear to be exact). but EM is great while my skin is clear!