Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OMGHi2U!

DOES VITAMIN E REALLY HELP SCARS???????

DOES APPLYING VITAMIN E OIL DIRECTLY TO YOUR SKIN REALLY HELP REDUCE THE RED MARKS LEFT FROM ACNE, OR IS IT AN OLD WIVES TALE??

RESEARCHERS SAY THAT IT CAN ACTUALLY WORSEN YOUR SCARS....

BUT THE REVIEW OF IT HERE ON ACNE.ORG IS REALLY GOOD...

EVERYONE IS SAYING THAT IT WORKS REALLY GREAT!

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

yeah i just wanted to experiment with it once, so i put it on a red mark on my chest and left it there over night, and when i woke up it didn't do anything and gave me a new pimple near it.

it was all sticky and nasty too.

I tried this...I poked a vit E pill open and put the oil onto my scars on my right cheek...broke out like mad on that cheek

I never put it on topically again

It may work for some people but it didn't for me

Did anyone have positive results with topical vitamin e? I just bought some and I just stated using it at night. I'm on accutane so it didn't break me out and my skin seems to find it pretty soothing. Since it's only been one day I'm not expecting results yet. I don't really mind the consistancy, I just put on a thin layer and it's fine. But I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time trying to get rid of the red markss with the e oil. All of the reviews were so positive, isn't there anyone who's had a good experience with it?

I've heard many people tell me that Vit E worked, so I tried it in my desparate attempt to help w/ the pimples. i put the oil directly over all the lesions and scars. 2 days later and I've broken out even more! The reviews on Vit E was so good, that's why I tried it. But while researching comedogenic oils it lists Vit E as very comedogenic, therefore not to use it. My mother puts Vit E oil in her moisturizer and has very nice skin. Maybe it's best not to use this oil directly.

exactly what everyone else on here has said.. put it on my red marks/scars after accutane treatment and my skin turned really nasty, itchy, red and i broke out.. never used it again.. definitely want to cure these scars on my cheek though.. :(

vit e has been shown to actually SLOW DOWN the healing process when applied topically. vit e and healing is an old housewifes tale. just like taking vit c tablets is supposed to protect against colds etc - also shown to be false.

no links as i read this a long time ago, but look into it yourself if you don't believe me.

peace.

vit e has been shown to actually SLOW DOWN the healing process when applied topically. vit e and healing is an old housewifes tale. just like taking vit c tablets is supposed to protect against colds etc - also shown to be false.

no links as i read this a long time ago, but look into it yourself if you don't believe me.

peace.

vitamin e is best taken in capsule form.

vitamin c does strengthen the immune system. Its an essential vitamin that has endless benefits. if you want your scars to heal from treatments your body needs to function properly. that means be in perfect health. vitamin c aids in in overall body function and health.

try a light glycolic acid peel or a daily glycolic moisturizer cream. this can help reduce red marks over time. speed up the process a bit.