Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Le_Chaim

What should i use on my skin if I'm eating Paleo?

I'm going to try the Paleo Diet to clear my acne, but what should I use topically (cleanser, moisturizer, sunblock, etc.)? I wear powder foundation to cover pimples and red marks, and I work out (thus getting sweaty) every day, so I can't not wash my face.

I don't want to write off the Paleo Diet as ineffective if it's really the topicals that are making me break out.

On the other hand, if your diet is proper, can topicals really make you break out?

Maybe wash your face with water only...or...continue your current regimen... :rolleyes:

You remind me of eddie... in a bad way...

I'm going to try the Paleo Diet to clear my acne, but what should I use topically (cleanser, moisturizer, sunblock, etc.)? I wear powder foundation to cover pimples and red marks, and I work out (thus getting sweaty) every day, so I can't not wash my face.

I don't want to write off the Paleo Diet as ineffective if it's really the topicals that are making me break out.

On the other hand, if your diet is proper, can topicals really make you break out?

I've found that salicylic acid and/or ACV + tea tree oil work pretty well topically for me, not sure if topicals could directly break you out though.

thanks both of you.

one question: who's eddie? =/

and in case anyone's wondering my current regimen is:

am and pm- wash face w/ purpose gentle cleanser (liquid)

am only- loreal bare minerals powder foundation

the end (i'm simple)

...I may add in aloe vera gel, currently testing it by applying it only to the left half of my face (am and pm).

thanks in advance for additional feedback!

Maybe wash your face with water only...or...continue your current regimen... :rolleyes:

You remind me of eddie... in a bad way...

Rawr I don't care what u say , Your from new york , SO i could careless what u say about me :)

Negrooooooooo hehe

I don't think topicals should be a major concern for you but I think some of Dan's advice is great (i.e. using a gentle, non-irritating cleanser, non-comedogenic moisturizer, etc). That is, if you want to go that route. So long as your cleanser isn't overly "aggressive" you should be alright IMO.