Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
philm24

Am I going CrAzY? I Enjoy Acne Sometimes...

Acne sucks. Had it since i can remember. But i get a really weird sensation and enjoyment now when I wake up and see a big ol' sucker on my chin and I know its going to be a volcano. I enjoy popping pimples now, its like a relief, a pressure gone, its almost becoming fun now. The sound it makes, well I don't know if it actually makes a sound but it conjures the most odd feeling i can experience when it finally pops.

And then I took accutane. My acne stop producing cysts and eventually I am 97 percent clear. Now I have the occasional breakout, which actually I hate more than when i had a decent amount -- point in case-- mouth zits with a clear complexion = herpes to everyone else.... sigh... But i hate the zits i get now, they just turn red, pus a little, and leave marks forever.....

I miss the big zonkers that would explode on the mirror, It sounds weird but I grew up with them, and whenever I see someone with severe acne I want to just play with their face.....

Wow acne really F'ed me up in the long run hasn't it.....

sorry just had to get that out.

Don't think you're totally crazy 'cause there are actually OTHER people who have similar feelings and thoughts about messing about with acne. They get a sense of release/relief/stress reduction when popping their pimples. Thus comes the problem when someone ends up obsessively picking and ends up with scars. Be careful you don't go that far!

I wonder if it is something instinctual, some throwback to a grooming ritual? That's my opinion, anyway. :D Ever watch the utter concentration of animals grooming each other? The pleasure that BOTH creatures derive from the contact and the ritual? Interesting stuff.

Acne sucks. Had it since i can remember. But i get a really weird sensation and enjoyment now when I wake up and see a big ol' sucker on my chin and I know its going to be a volcano. I enjoy popping pimples now, its like a relief, a pressure gone, its almost becoming fun now. The sound it makes, well I don't know if it actually makes a sound but it conjures the most odd feeling i can experience when it finally pops.

And then I took accutane. My acne stop producing cysts and eventually I am 97 percent clear. Now I have the occasional breakout, which actually I hate more than when i had a decent amount -- point in case-- mouth zits with a clear complexion = herpes to everyone else.... sigh... But i hate the zits i get now, they just turn red, pus a little, and leave marks forever.....

I miss the big zonkers that would explode on the mirror, It sounds weird but I grew up with them, and whenever I see someone with severe acne I want to just play with their face.....

Wow acne really F'ed me up in the long run hasn't it.....

sorry just had to get that out.

hey- mouth zit wise- do you use a emollient because accutane made your lips drier?

cause i know whenever i put on certain chapsticks and stuff my mouth area breaks out like no other

just an f.y.i.

if you don't use lip balms or anything, disregard this completely, if you do, try testing out some other ones ( i personally don't break out from aquaphor, some ppl do)

As for the grooming, ive never thought of that.... very interesting being a bio major and all

And aquafor (spelling) did wonders for me! I break out around the lips during football season from biting my nails, Da Bears

And its not soo much that I want it all back, I just miss the sensation of popping them. Like if i could wake up with a face covered in big suckers, explode em, and then they instantly go away.

haha that is a little crazy reading it over again.

Haha, that's funny man. When I was younger I used to enjoy popping the fatty ones too. I'd pick at my face before school, after school, and before going to bed. Now I regret it though, cuz I have scars that probably won't ever go away again.

I can't say I miss getting those fat juicy zits. It was kinda satisfying popping them back then, but I don't miss it that much lol

ive often thought about this... after accutane (PRAYING that it actually works for me) i dont know what it will be like to not have pimples.. to just wash my face and go to bed without thinking about my skin. It will be weird not popping a pimple or two. hopefully i'll get to see what that actually feels like

I am definitely one of the crazy ones out there who enjoys popping a pimple.

There was a thread on the Skin Picking board about the pleasure in popping a pimple. I think I just about died laughing. Not because I thought it was ridiculous, but because I could relate to every single thing posted. If you are going to deal with something that is going to completely turn you into a emotional wreck, you might as well find one thing good about the situation? Popping them. Haha.

back when i used to have moderate acne i would sometimes get a decent size one on my sack. after i got done messing with it for about an hour draining it and what not, it would look like a big shotgun wound. The only bad part is it usually ruined my chances of getting laid for at most of the week for several reasons