Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi

I hae about five whiteheads on my chin that have been there for couple of days and look like they are all 'on the surface', not deep. I am paranoid that it will give me more if I pick them but was wondering if I just nick the tops of them with a sterilied thiin needle will that be enough to get rid of them safely???

We all know we're not supposed to pick, but let's face it, most of us do. What you described sounded alright, although I'd be veeeerrrryyyy careful when using any kind of sharp impliment on your skin. You don't want to wind up with a wound as well!

If you are going to use a needle make sure you use hardly any pressure at all, if nothing comes out with minimal pressure then step away from the mirror!

from my experience, picking only causes more pimples if you do it too early. if you have whiteheads that are on the surface and they pop easily then i say do it! but dont force it!! if they are on the surface and ready what else are you supposed to do, walk around with puss on your face?