Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, enough with all the threads on what milk is good or bad. In this quick guide, you will see everything you need to know about milk whether you are worried about acne, bodybuilding, or you just like the way it tastes.

1. First of all, YOU CANNOT make generalizations on milk. Milk is not like Coca-Cola. Coca-Cola remains the same wherever you go in the US. Well, bad example, it does change in different countries to suit countries traditional taste buds. We are talking the US here. Coke is coke. Milk is not milk. Keep reading!!!!

2. Milk is not milk? WTF you say? Yeah that's right. Why would it be? Milk comes from cows. It is at most pasterized and processed so us humans can drink it without puking our freaking guts out. Depending on cow and how it is treated and fed, that is your milk. It is like my piss isn't the same as your piss. It is still piss right? But no, mine contains supreme vitamins that yours probably doesn't!

3. Now we got that settled. Depending on where you get the milk, it might be loaded full of hormones or other chemicals in the ppm (parts per million). That ain't nothin' but a peanut! However, in large quantities or to those that are super sensitive to milk, you will feel the wrath of horrible outbreaks.

4. Back to this contrasts in milk. When I was in college, I got huge cysts all over my neck. The milk I was drinking was from the local cows at VT. Apparently my body doesn't like those cows. Therefore that milk was responsible for profits to Neutrogena. After a few months, I found out the cysts were caused my the milk. Once I stopped, the cysts went away and I just had regular acne. When I started again, it came back. It wasn't until I moved off campus and bought my own milk that I was clear.

5. %'s. Whole milk IMO is unnecessary unless you trying to be a fat pig. Large quantities of whole milk are no good for nobody like 2Pac says. Get milk that has had some fat taken out. I choose 2%. I see they got 1% and even 0.5%. Who knows why they did that. But those %'s taken away cost money. I mean the fat and other crap just doesn't dissappear.

6. Which milk should you get? Well depends on what your goals are. If you want to be super clear, then drink none. It can only hurt your skin not help it. Milk will usually contain some form of hormones. Seen any small cows lately? No I didn't think so. If you a bodybuilding, milk is a easy way to get protein. 8 g of protein per serving last time I checked = huge muscles in the long run. But you better watch the fat and cholesterol!

7. Chocolate milk. Well if you are drinking chocolate milk and getting acne and not knowing why, look at the ingredients first.

8. Other milk. Soy milk and all that other milk. Why you are drinking that is beyond me. Perhaps you are lactose intolerant. In that case why are you drinking milk at all? It isn't awesome. It doesn't taste like a nice 8 oz Filet Migeon that melts in your mouth before it hits the esophogus! Drink something else! Like beer!

:)

gotta love my milk..we have 0,1% fat milk here in germany :)

also 0,3 .. 0,5 .. 1,5 ... 3,5.. :)

mr jackson how come you know so much about milk? thats just wierd unless you work in the milk industry.. or youre just a smart person...or you just copied and pasted this..

haha

2% all the way!

Super smart IQ. I don't copy and paste anything. I consider 99.999% of the human population stupid. Nuclear engineer getting my MBA also a bodybuilder and I plan to run for president someday! :)

gotta love my milk..we have 0,1% fat milk here in germany :)

also 0,3 .. 0,5 .. 1,5 ... 3,5.. :)

:D

This will be useful for members who are attempting to cut down or eliminate their dairy consumption entirely for their acne treatments. Thank you Necro!

(I, unforunately, love milk. I have been known to drink a gallon a day. I can't stop, even if I wanted to!)

We have recently switched from whole to 2% and it IS healthier and I can't really taste the difference. That's nice.

get over yourself. it certainly is easy to talk yourself up on the internet. hell, it's easy to do it in real life. learn some modesty.

oh and btw your writing wouldn't stand out in a fifth grade english class. no shit you didn't copy and paste it. your analogy to your "supreme vitamin" piss is nothing but laughable.

i know this doesn't contribute to anyone's understanding of milk but someone needs to bring this kid down from his insanely high pedestal.

Necro means nothing by it, Remedy, really, I swear. I know it comes off as really assaholic, but trust me, it's just his "thing". The information he posted about milk is solid.

Besides that, if he gets out of hand, I have a whole range of implements in which to smack his unholy ass down from the reach of the high mountain.

;)

get over yourself. it certainly is easy to talk yourself up on the internet. hell, it's easy to do it in real life. learn some modesty.

oh and btw your writing wouldn't stand out in a fifth grade english class. no shit you didn't copy and paste it. your analogy to your "supreme vitamin" piss is nothing but laughable.

i know this doesn't contribute to anyone's understanding of milk but someone needs to bring this kid down from his insanely high pedestal.

LOL, take a chill pill.

For you, lezpop, it doesn't cause breakouts. Milk doesn't break me out, either. But just as BP works for some and doesn't for others, milk breaks some people out just as it doesn't others.

I never understood why people get lowfat milk over whole milk. Skim milk is the worst...you are basically buying expensive water. Buying lowfat milk is like ripping yourself off. Get whole milk and drink less. But I guess that is the point. People have no discipline so they buy and recommend lowfat milk like Necro because they can't control themselves. They would rather buy "lite" products and eat/drink more volume, than just having one glass and stopping. ANd to make matters worse, they fool people into thinking lowfat is "healthier" when this totally isn't true, but people like Necro perpetuate the myth. They would rather drink 3 glasses of skim milk than 1 glass of whole milk, yet this will waste tons of money in the long run and the dairy companies will laugh at you because you are just throwing more money at them. How absurd.

I never understood why people get lowfat milk over whole milk. Skim milk is the worst...you are basically buying expensive water. Buying lowfat milk is like ripping yourself off. Get whole milk and drink less. But I guess that is the point. People have no discipline so they buy and recommend lowfat milk like Necro because they can't control themselves. They would rather buy "lite" products and eat/drink more volume, than just having one glass and stopping. They would rather drink 3 glasses of skim milk than 1 glass of whole milk, yet this will waste tons of money in the long run and the dairy companies will laugh at you because you are just throwing more money at them. How absurd.

They both contain the same amount of protein per serving. Why would you drink 3 glasses of skim milk?

Strong unawareness.

And actually the less fat in the milk, the more protein per serving you have. So at whole milk you will see something around 8g. At 1% almost 9g. At skim milk 0% fat, almost 10g.

Well necro was in college :P that's y his smarT???? lol

HIS asian dang it wahahha...

anyways i found this on WHfoods.com

Cow's Milk and rBGH

Cows may be treated with a compound called recombinant bovine growth hormone rBGH. Canada has banned the use of this hormone in cows, based on research from Canadian scientists. Their report on rBGH noted that cows injected with the growth hormone reportedly have a 25 percent increase in risk of mastitis, an 18 percent increase in the risk of infertility and a 50 percent increase in the risk of lameness. Another independent Canadian scientific committee found there was no direct risk to human health. Several U.S. groups have opposed the use of the hormone. One concern is that cows with mastitis are treated with antibiotics. The best way to ensure that you buy milk that has not been treated with rBGH is to buy organic dairy products.

SO yep i do buy organic milk.

Milk is good for bodybuilders. , this is what i am going to do... drink milk Till i am 180+ lbs

then stop :P:P... I am not allergic to it so i am fine.

Could careless about acne , i rather be big :P and healthy.

This will be useful for members who are attempting to cut down or eliminate their dairy consumption entirely for their acne treatments. Thank you Necro!

(I, unforunately, love milk. I have been known to drink a gallon a day. I can't stop, even if I wanted to!)

We have recently switched from whole to 2% and it IS healthier and I can't really taste the difference. That's nice.

:P well some people are allergic and need to avoid it. :P

wow a gallon a day? , wonder how big it is. :P

I knew cow's milk are healthy , ... but the organic ones are healthier correct? :)

Gonna drink milk and see if i am allergic... How to tell anyway?

I guess drinking 4 cup of milk total a day wouldn't hurt :X or is to much? lol

if ur allergic/lactose intolerant u'll have digestion probs and maybe some diarrhea ...

Here is the entire topic summed up:

Unpasteurized, non-homogenized milk from mainly grass fed cows is a health food. Anything else, ANYTHING else is not. It may not kill you or anything but don't start drinking gallons thinking that you are so healthy.

Problem is that it's too dangerous to ship fresh milk all over the country because it doesn't store or travel well. And there's the problem of people not having access to local farmers willing to give fresh milk or fresh milk being illegal to sell in the first place (Canada for example).

Here is the entire topic summed up:

Unpasteurized, non-homogenized milk from mainly grass fed cows is a health food. Anything else, ANYTHING else is not. It may not kill you or anything but don't start drinking gallons thinking that you are so healthy.

Problem is that it's too dangerous to ship fresh milk all over the country because it doesn't store or travel well. And there's the problem of people not having access to local farmers willing to give fresh milk or fresh milk being illegal to sell in the first place (Canada for example).

aw =\ even organic milk is not that healthy? or they are?

the whey protein i buy is healthy... Grass-fed cow , says something about not treated with rBGH

or w.e... is called Jay robb.. expensive :P but i wanna be healthy

and i wanna add low fat %2 milk for my whey protein... but dunno :P the milk i wanted use is Organic... :X

Milk are best for bodybuilders!! ;./

Goat's milk has been reported to be more tolerable for those who have issues/reactions to cow's milk. Apparently, on a worldwide basis more people drink goat milk then cow milk.

It might be worth a try. I haven't bothered though.

Goat's milk has been reported to be more tolerable for those who have issues/reactions to cow's milk. Apparently, on a worldwide basis more people drink goat milk then cow milk.

It might be worth a try. I haven't bothered though.

Well are goat's milk good for bodybuilders? ;X

Just had Whey protein isolate chocolate with low fat %2 milk.. taste so good :P

Trying to finish this off.. :/

Gonna try goat milk :P

I never understood why people get lowfat milk over whole milk. Skim milk is the worst...you are basically buying expensive water. Buying lowfat milk is like ripping yourself off. Get whole milk and drink less. But I guess that is the point. People have no discipline so they buy and recommend lowfat milk like Necro because they can't control themselves. They would rather buy "lite" products and eat/drink more volume, than just having one glass and stopping. They would rather drink 3 glasses of skim milk than 1 glass of whole milk, yet this will waste tons of money in the long run and the dairy companies will laugh at you because you are just throwing more money at them. How absurd.

They both contain the same amount of protein per serving. Why would you drink 3 glasses of skim milk?

Strong unawareness.

And actually the less fat in the milk, the more protein per serving you have. So at whole milk you will see something around 8g. At 1% almost 9g. At skim milk 0% fat, almost 10g.

Strong what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about?

If your first sentence you say whole and skim have the same same protein per serving. Then in the last two sentences you say that the protein content is different (8 versus 10). Geez, you can't even be consistent in single post without completely contradicting yourself.

And wow, so you cut out a lot of the calories (which you need for bulking) for 8 extra grams of protein per gallon? Fantastic logic. The dairy companies must love people like you.

Economically, it is still goofy to buy skim for the protein content. Two gallons of skim milk would run about $5 or so and net you about 160 grams of protein (according to your numbers) A pound of whey protein would cost about $5 and net you over 300 grams of protein, nearly double the amount in your skim milk without the volume, potential skin problems, and the associated junk with processed milk.

Seriously, if you are going to make a "Milk FAQ" at least put a little thought into it and some logic instead of all this typical Necro Disinformation as usual.

Whey is manufactured from milk - so fuck it.. i'll have my 1000ml of milk per day :)

Milk isnt the enemy, ur fear of outbreaks because of certain food is the enemy..

but then im pretty narrow-minded in concerns of diet and acne...as i dont see a real connection , unless ur allergic to certain foods - but then again im a bodybuolder and NEED to eat certain foods (lots of rice,oats,wheyprotein,eggs,red meat) and so on..which are totally hated on this board.. :)

it may aggravate it to some degree, but food doesnt cause acne!

Strong unawareness.

Strong what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about?

If your first sentence you say whole and skim have the same same protein per serving. Then in the last two sentences you say that the protein content is different (8 versus 10). Geez, you can't even be consistent in single post without completely contradicting yourself.

And wow, so you cut out a lot of the calories (which you need for bulking) for 8 extra grams of protein per gallon? Fantastic logic. The dairy companies must love people like you.

Economically, it is still goofy to buy skim for the protein content. Two gallons of skim milk would run about $5 or so and net you about 160 grams of protein (according to your numbers) A pound of whey protein would cost about $5 and net you over 300 grams of protein, nearly double the amount in your skim milk without the volume, potential skin problems, and the associated junk with processed milk.

Seriously, if you are going to make a "Milk FAQ" at least put a little thought into it and some logic instead of all this typical Necro Disinformation as usual.

LOL at the whole post. Let's go through what happened. I was stating that whole milk and all the low-fat milk have the same protein after you try to say that people will drink 3 times as much milk to get the same protein. You got called out on that and instead of admitting you didn't know what you were talking about, you totally go off on another tangent LOL. Yeah you didn't want to show that you thought skim milk had less protein than whole milk.

LOL at you thinking bodybuilders should be getting their calories from milk. You obviously don't know anything about bodybuilding if you think milk should be used for calories. At best it is used for protein and most pros won't even touch it based on the relatively high carb content alone.

Then you compare it to whey which obviously will have more protein because it is just powder LOL.

Until you get the balls to step on a stage or even train and diet for a contest, your information is worthless.

Yeah my information is so wrong yet I am not the one guessing on what to eat and how to train like the majority of the population and not guessing what weight I will be coming in some set date from now, but telling. But then guys like you will show how sour you are when you see someone like me and immediately have steroids on your mind because you fail to see the joke that all bodybuilders like myself know and that is that it has been all about diet all along, not your whey, your supplements, your ridiculously wrong lifting routines. So yeah all my diet info sucks except somehow by some miracle without changing my lifting routine or any other habits at all I have been able to go from 150 to 194 back to 165 to 212 and now 190. I dropped the 20 in 2 months and did 0 cardio LOL.

Whey is manufactured from milk - so fuck it.. i'll have my 1000ml of milk per day :)

Milk isnt the enemy, ur fear of outbreaks because of certain food is the enemy..

but then im pretty narrow-minded in concerns of diet and acne...as i dont see a real connection , unless ur allergic to certain foods - but then again im a bodybuolder and NEED to eat certain foods (lots of rice,oats,wheyprotein,eggs,red meat) and so on..which are totally hated on this board.. :)

it may aggravate it to some degree, but food doesnt cause acne!

well my whey protein isolate is awesome :)

* From Grass Fed Cows Not Treated With rBGH (Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone)

* Now with 25 Grams Protein Per Serving!

* Mixes with a blender or Shaker Bottle

* No Fat, No Cholesterol

* No Sugar

* No Aspartame

* No Artificial Sweeteners or Colors

* Made With Stevia

* No Casein

* No MSG

* No Gluten

so no need milk :) cause this whey protein is good; P