Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yo Adrienne!

shopping for new foundation

Ive been shoping online at Sephora for the last hour looking for a new foundation. I am used to having EXTREMELY oily acne prone skin, but since I've been on accutane, my face is very dry and flakey... but still covered in acne. So it is hard to find a foundation to help ance AND dry skin. I am trying to find something faster than liquid foundation... so I recently bought Smashbox Camera Ready cream to powder foundation. I really like it, except it is a little yellow for me... and not good on days where my skin is really broke out. Este Lauder Double Wear has been amazing for long days with broke out skin... i just want something faster and easier to take off at the end of the day. I keep anticipating clear skin i guess.... so for now im sticking with Este Lauder Double Wear.

ANYWAY.... I have found a few neat cream to powder foundations. I found one with Jojoba oil which i have read a lot of people on this site use to help their skin. Ive never used Jojoba oil... im too scared to put any sort of oil on my skin for fear it will make me break out. any info on this?

here is the link for the makeup... http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id...ldPaginate=true

Also interested in Vincent Longo Water Canvas cream to powder:

this one is made of 75% water and supposed to help your skin

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id...ldPaginate=true

any suggestions on makeup??? i really prefer the expensive suff.... ive always had better luck since the cheaper stuff doesnt cover my skin well. *call me a snob if you want... but i dont pinch pennies when it comes to my skin*

do you know the clinique make up's ? I used the clinique stay true make up before and during my ciscutan (accutane) therapy ... this is a liquid make up, but its oil and parfum free and thereor great fr sesible and acne skin ... it covered pefect and looks very natuarly ....

Hi

I used to use double wear , but have now changed to double wear light, feels much nicer on the skin. Also lilly lilo mineral foundation is really really good . being useing both of these since june and had no problems with them

good luck

thanks for the advice. ive never been completely satisfied with clinique even though it is supposed to help acne prone skin. and i also have double wear light.... ive been using it on days where my skin isnt so broke out.

haha i am always on the quest for the perfect foundation... still looking i guess

Technically, jojoba "oil" is not an oil, but a plant wax that is liquid at room temp. But yes, it has an oil-like consistency and is very moisturizing. Most people don't experience problems with it, but a few feel it breaks them out. Generally, it is considered non-comedogenic and good for acne prone skin. You will find that after it absorbs, it does not leave a shiny, greasy finish. It absorbs pretty matte, so it's not a bad option for oily skin.

I always keep a bottle of jojoba on hand for my skin and hair when they feel too dry. Even though my skin is super oily, it gets flaky sometimes from my medicated topicals or dry winter weather. A little goes a looong way.

About those foundations...I would be more concerned with the one that has coconut oil...I think that has a far worse rep for being comedogenic than jojoba.

The 2nd option looks good...water based seems like a pretty safe way to go.

Right now I am using Kiehls brightening mask and it is really helping with redness and dryness. You can see some pics on my gallery. I've always loved Almay lasting for the coverage and staying power, but mineral makeup should work nicely if you moisturize enough.

Im in the same position!! I have VERY oily acne- prone skin, and Double wear is the only thing that didn't completely melt off mid-day!! But recently I switched to Dior Icone, which is also cream-to-powder. Just bought it yesterday from Sephora. They have a good color selection too, not too yellow or pink. Funny, I was eying Smashbox full coverage, but the shades looked "off". Also, Vincent Longo cream-to-powder is really very light. I find it doesn't give nearly the coverage I want. I really suggest Dior Icone!! You could also try Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation. It is full-coverage but very moisturizing. That is another great option.

thanks for the suggestions whitelotus! I will definitely have to check those out! let me know how Dior Icone works for you!