Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OMGHi2U!

Do I have cystic acne????Please look

Ive had acne since i was 12 yrs old..

Im 20 now..

Back then I had white heads etc just normal acne..

Nowadays, my acne has no heads...

They are just red bumps that DONT GO AWAY FOR A LONG TIME...

Sure they eventually fade, but they leave an everlasting mark of red or dark purple..

Right Now Im on Tazo..

Just started it yesterday, and was wondering if this medication could help the type of acne that I have...

I want to reduce the redness and some of the scarring..

Will Tazo help me with this?

Also, Please rate my acne on a 1 to 10.

10 being the worst you have ever seen...

I sometimes wonder if I look that bad.. people always stare and it bothers me so much..

I hate my life at times.....

post-88898-1227723626_thumb.jpg

post-88898-1227723653_thumb.jpg

post-88898-1227723626_thumb.jpg

post-88898-1227723653_thumb.jpg

Im 20 now..

Sure they eventually fade, but they leave an everlasting mark of red or dark purple..

Right Now Im on Tazo..

Just started it yesterday, and was wondering if this medication could help the type of acne that I have...

I sometimes wonder if I look that bad.. people always stare and it bothers me so much..

Hi Ive never used Tazo but I have used Retin A micro, which worked for a couple months...but right now I am on the Regimen from this site and I am 100% clear after a month and a half! I would definately recommend this!!!! It works!

I have seen people that are a lot worse than you. There WHOLE face was covered and they had huge cystic scarring acne. From your pics I see some heads on your zits but I mostly see scars....thats what the purple color is, I think. You would know if you have cystic acne because its hard, has absolutely no head and hurts really bad.

I would rate your acne moderate so about a 5 or 6 out of 10.....and whatever you do.......dont pop your zits!!!!!

some of them look like regular whiteheads, but some of them do look like cysts.

you *could* go to a dermatologist, but in my experience with cystic acne, all that ever did was make everything worse. now i only go if i need blackheads extracted or a cyst injected with cortisone. if you want my advice, the best thing to do is just keep browsing the boards and try everything until something works. it took me a long time, but i finally found myself a good regimen. with cystic acne, you kind of just have to wait for it to go away on its own, but it is possible to keep it very much under control (now i only have like 1 cyst at a time if even that)

I second cboardman's statement. Your acne is my opinion is not severe; it is moderate. I have severe cystic acne for which I take accutane. Cystic acne is very painful. You wouldn't have any doubts if you had it. The cyst grows under the skin and is painful, and there is nothing you can do about it until it reaches the surface And then comes to a head for some time after it surfaces. I have no idea what Tazo is but have you tried Dan's regimen? That may be all you even need.

Does vitamin e oil work?

It helps to improve skin texture and tone, but does not treat acne.

it couldn't hurt, but you have to be careful about the ingredients. i was putting vitamin e oil on my cheeks to help w/ scarring and i started getting massive breakouts. i asked my dermatologist about it, and she said that if the vitamin e oil is made with coconut oil, that's what casuing the breakouts because coconut oil is horrible for acne-prone skin. turned out she had hit the nail right on the head...you could try looking for something at whole foods...i don't use this personally, but i remember browsing their skincare section once and seeing shea butter with vitamin e and those were the only two ingredients....

Your face doesn't look like you have cysts. Do you have bumps that don't come to a head, hurt, and stay around for a few months?

I have cystic acne, and even though it has slowed down in the last ten years, I did start Dan's regime about 2 months ago, and it is the very best I've used in the 35 years of dealing with acne. You need to give it a try. It is simple, inexpensive and it works!

There are creams that you can purchase to help reduce the red marks. But generally then will sooner or later go away on their own.

something that has helped me when I felt like the ugliest girl at my school, was I kept telling

myself "it could be worse" and I would think of my friends whose faces were covered with it and mine wasnt. I just kept saying it over and over to myself and it did help! It will get better...trust me....i never thought my acne would dissapear but after i tried the regimen i have almost no acne!

Im 20 now..

Right Now Im on Tazo..

I dont think its cystic acne, it looks like alot of it is just post-inflammatory scarring from past zits (picking them?). I think you should try a cleanser that has mild glycolic acid in it with an oil free moisturizer. I find that the glycolic cleanser works miracles. It will take a few weeks to get clearer but def do a glycolic based cleanser at least 2x per week. Also use an oil free suncreen that is NOT waterproof every day since the glycolic speeds up the exfoliation process. I dont recommend that you use any type of scrub as this will most likely worsen the situation. Your skin is not as bad as you think and please check back with the board in a few weeks. I know how you feel, dont despair.

Right now Im taking

1. one a day mens multivitamin.

2. fish oil capsule omega 3.

3. Vitamin E. 400 IU.

Im taking all of these everyday and hoping that this will aide me in my fight against myself..

I will update.

I guess I want to stay with the natural defense.

Im 20 now..

Right Now Im on Tazo..

STOP PICKING YOUR SKIN, i can tell you do, dont!

it aggravates your skin.

and right now, from 1-10, your acne is about a 4, there is ALOT worse. mine is about 7 or 8.

Does vitamin e oil work?

I wouldnt put Vitamin E Oil On your skin.

it promotes cell growth. Both skin cells, and bacteria cells.

i had a breakout from putting Vitamin E oil, on my skin. but I know some people here didnt, but its all up to you. but id suggest taking a pill instead.

I feel like my acne is so severe..

Its really the red marks that bother me..

I dont break out THAT much anymore, but still do occasionally.

Its the red marks that ruin my life.

Im not using vitamin E oil. I hear it slows down the healing process..

In all honesty I feel like my acne is like at least a 9/10.

I feel like shit, and I hate going anywhere anymore

I got exactly similar type of acne. But mine is mainly on the left cheek.

Doctor recommended using Clindamycin + Aloe Vera Gen Mixture 1:1 and it seems to work

I dont really want to go on accutane since most of my worries are red marks and scars..

I get a few pimples here and there but its not so bad.

Nocarebear,

The red marks will fade. Sometimes it can take up to a year to fade, but they do. The red marks are not permanent. You can speed up the process by exfoliating. Mandelic acid products like Nucelle is one option for exfoliating. You can use this with the Tazorac.

You could also try light/laser treatments. Look at that section. Vbeam (Nlite) could help with the red marks. Isolaz, or just Blu-U light could help with the active acne. You could also look into buying an Acnelamp--red/blue light.

Once you get rid of the active acne, you can do other laser treatments to take care of the scars that you have.

It takes a lot of perserverence, so just keep fighting it. You are very good looking. And if you don't want accutane, there are a lot of other treatments. They are expensive, but they are there (laser/light treatments). If you have any questions about these, please ask.

Hey man, I get periodic acne breakouts, and once or twice in my life they have gotten baaaaaaaaad, waaaaaay worse than what your face looks like. You should add vitamin B5 to your natural attack, it helps with tone, garlic and flax seeds are anti inflamatories to help with inflamation. Im like you i dont like putting all kinda chemicals on or in my skin...doesnt feel healthy. And the whole hate living thing...dont sweat it, these girls said you were cute, although alot of us suffer from acne, it aint the end of the world, hang in there, your not alone.