Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I'm 17, male, and umm I haven't had acne before, it started around 1year ago, and it's just "killing" me... I really have no idea what should I use, I will see my GP at December 2nd, so he'll probably "send" me to dermatologist, but I'd like *you* to advice me on what I should buy, maybe you had something similar.

My acne is pretty horrific I'd say, not sure what else to say, but I wash my face with simple water like 5 times a day, and my skin is not oily at all, maybe a bit dry. I'm not fat at all, and I don't use any dairy products, such as milk, cheese, yogurt, etc, so I don't think food causes me acne.

What I've used so far was some "Clearasil Ultra" stuff which is: Deep pore treatment face wash, Rapid Action Treatment cream, and skin scrub.

Neither of them had helped me at all, and my acne is just still the same... I also used tea tree oil, but it has no affect whatsoever. I've tried toothpaste about 1month ago, and when I did try it, I used it 1-whole-day (24hours). It just made my skin VERY dry, but made the whiteheads go away, but it also made very red area where it was.

I really have no idea what to buy, so please advice me as much as you can, today I ordered these products:

ALOE FRESH GENTLE FACE WASH

Korres Anti Acne Cinnamon & Natural Clay Mask

English isn't my first language, but I hope you all understood what I meant. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

post-88883-1227693878_thumb.jpg

Washing your skin 5 times a day sounds a bit too much, if you have dry skin. Maybe you could wash your face 1-3 times a day instead?

How has the severity of your acne and skin problems progressed since you got acne? Was it like only 2-3 pimples a week in the beginning or did you have much worse skin problems before you started to "bombard" your skin with acne products?

It wasn't "big" when it started, but when it started around 2-3months later it started to appear on my cheeks/near nose, and a bit on chin, but just a bit, and now it just doesn't stop...

Washing 5 times a day - even if it's just water - is way too much, that only overdries the skin and throws everything out of whack.

You sound like a good candidate for Dan's regimen - it's a simple cleanser, acne medication creme (Benzoyl Peroxide) and then a moisturizer. The problem with what you have been using is most of them are just *cleansers*, not actual acne-fighters. Toothpaste dries out the skin, but has no actual acne fighting medication in it specifically.

Here is the link to the front of Dan's page - http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

I've been using his regimen for years now and it's the best, most consistent performing regimen I've found yet! And if you don't want to use his products that he sells, you can find comparable substites in most any drugstore in order to use with his regimen.

Try lemon juice or ACV... :dance:

HELL NO, last time I tried lemon juice, it made my skin all red, and just nuh-uh !!! :naughty:

Washing 5 times a day - even if it's just water - is way too much, that only overdries the skin and throws everything out of whack.

You sound like a good candidate for Dan's regimen - it's a simple cleanser, acne medication creme (Benzoyl Peroxide) and then a moisturizer. The problem with what you have been using is most of them are just *cleansers*, not actual acne-fighters. Toothpaste dries out the skin, but has no actual acne fighting medication in it specifically.

Here is the link to the front of Dan's page -

I've been using his regimen for years now and it's the best, most consistent performing regimen I've found yet! And if you don't want to use his products that he sells, you can find comparable substites in most any drugstore in order to use with his regimen.

Tyvm for your time, I'll definitely read it :)

Hello my twin. Ummm I think you should definitely try the regimen! I had pretty gnarly acne pre-DKR and now i just get the odd spot here and there.

Benzoyl peroxide- apply twice a day after washing with:

Cetaphil- wash morning and night

Thats it! Throw your Clearasil in the garbage, it made things much worse for me.