Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
big league chewbacca

thread for chronic acne suffers over 21

really frustrating

i think i started developing acne when i was 15 or 16. pretty severe cystic acne @ the time, though after trying a bunch of different things i ended up on accutane, which cleared up everything w/ some very light scarring on my cheeks. not really noticeable except in the right lighting. though it did give my skin there a distinctive looking texture

i dont remember having an IB, but maybe its b/c my acne was so bad that it wasnt really noticeable anyway

i cant remember if my skin was completely clear for a few years or what, but prolly not as i can remember still being somewhat obsessed w/ my skin throughout college

still, i think it was manageable. fast forward a few years. now im 23... leading up to my 2nd course my acne was pretty mild i would say, but very persistent & it was frustrating to the point that i felt i needed a 2nd course since id pretty much exhausted all other rx treatments & got 2 derm recommendations for it

anyway, im on it now & im definitely @ a low point... im coming towards the end of my 2nd month but i am having some raging IB & i can just tell the red marks are gonna be here for a while

anyway, this was just a thread for ranting...

i cant even imagine @ this point what an acne-free existence will be like. not that this is the end of the world... but going on 7 - 8 years of this.... its hard for me to even imagine what pre-acne life was like or what my life would have been like if my skin had basically been a non-issue

it boggles my mind

well I just turned 21, so I guess I'm part of this club now

going to a derma soon

I have lots of whiteheads, scars, and my skin just looks rough. My life hasn't been the same since acne. Just the other day I saw a picture of myself at 14 years old and I choked up a bit. Damn. Hard to believe I was the person in the picture.

I hear ya'. I'm 27 and a half years old and while it's getting more mild as I age, it is not going away. But in some way, the older I get and the more I realize that I'm not growing out of it, I'm okay with that.

It's like brushing my teeth - I don't resent the fact that I have to brush my teeth in order to keep them clean and healthy. I try to see my skin in the same way.

It is interesting for me to note, though, how many people - adults - that I've met that when I tell them what I do here, confess that they, too, have adult skin problems. It's a strange point of connection, but it is wonderful to have.

Im so sick of having this shit. Just when it seems like its getting better, it doesn't. Or even gets worse. Im 23 and I enjoyed about 6 months of beautiful clear skin starting around April without a worry then it all came back and hit me harder than ever a few months ago and I've been suffering ever since. I don't have much active. It seems like most is scarring. But extremely red. I have a huge red patch on the right side of my face along my jawline from 2 hugeee cysts. And the rest of my face is sporatically filled with red spots. I've only seen a few people worse than me. In real life and on this site. Im so fucking sick of this. I've tried everything. Changed my diet, drinking only water, Antibiotics, retin a, bp, benzaclin, proactiv, clindamycin, zapzyt kit, neutrogena stress control, various salicylic acids, although the SA seems to be the only thing that helps, its not enough. Im so sick of trying everything and getting no results. Im about to go pay cash to a derm and pay cash for some accutane. And then look into scar treatments or something. I've exhausted every other option.

Im so sick of having this shit. Just when it seems like its getting better, it doesn't. Or even gets worse. Im 23 and I enjoyed about 6 months of beautiful clear skin starting around April without a worry then it all came back and hit me harder than ever a few months ago and I've been suffering ever since. I don't have much active. It seems like most is scarring. But extremely red. I have a huge red patch on the right side of my face along my jawline from 2 hugeee cysts. And the rest of my face is sporatically filled with red spots. I've only seen a few people worse than me. In real life and on this site. Im so fucking sick of this. I've tried everything. Changed my diet, drinking only water, Antibiotics, retin a, bp, benzaclin, proactiv, clindamycin, zapzyt kit, neutrogena stress control, various salicylic acids, although the SA seems to be the only thing that helps, its not enough. Im so sick of trying everything and getting no results. Im about to go pay cash to a derm and pay cash for some accutane. And then look into scar treatments or something. I've exhausted every other option.

I think what makes it so frustrating at this age is the feeling that I am the only person that still has acne at the age of 23. Obviously that is not true, but it makes me feel isolated. I am so grateful that I found acne.org so I can relate to others!