Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
itsduc

Hormones and the Regimen

Hi Everyone,

So I have had hormonal acne since I was 12. I have pretty much tried everything and were given birth control pills to control my menstrual cycle but nothing helped. Some of the pills even made me depressed. I started the regimen a month ago and it seems as though my acne is clearing up a bit....

at the moment I still don't know what to think.

Anyways, I just want to know if anyone here has hormonal acne and had the regimen help them get cleared up?

I have hormonal acne.

The regimen took me about 3 and a half to 4 months until my skin was completely cleared. 6 months for all scars to be no longer visible.

Good luck with the regimen.

Hi :) I also have hormonal acne. It took me about 3-4 months to be clear aswell. In fact I didn't really see any results till about 2.5 months.

So don't give up okay :) You'll see a change!

Hey,

Thanks for the support. By the way, when I started using BP, my skin was peeling and burning like crazy ( I didn't put a lot) I think my skin was just trying to get used to it. My skin is now gradually getting better with the dryness and I can now take on two full pumped of BP without having that burning feeling. There's one problem though, my skin still itches and its been a month. Is this normal?

hey.. i most deff. have hormonal acne and im still trying to find the cure.. i tried going on the regimen but it made my face even worse so i stopped..

Hi there, I was wondering did the birth control pills make it worse and are you off of them now?

Hey!

I'm not going to lie, the bcp did somewhat help. It cleared my skin for a bit but when I was about to have my period...i would have horrible acne for another a week and it would go away again. It also never helped correct my hormones because my period never came after two to three months while i was on it.

So it's been maybe a month and a half since I started the regimen. It's helping a bit, I know my skin is getting better and clearer. I'm getting pimples still but they are very small and only last for a few days. My face is itchy as hell though and i still have some flaky spots. I told myself that I'm gonna continue until the 5 month mark and see if i should continue or not.

hey.. i most deff. have hormonal acne and im still trying to find the cure.. i tried going on the regimen but it made my face even worse so i stopped..

Did you try going on the regimen for a full 4-5 months? I'm just wondering because the first month for me was absolute HELL! My skin was flaking so bad, it was like dandruff...... my face was so itchy....and still is, but not as bad. My acne was flaring up and I had a huge break out....

Did you try going on the regimen for a full 4-5 months? I'm just wondering because the first month for me was absolute HELL! My skin was flaking so bad, it was like dandruff...... my face was so itchy....and still is, but not as bad. My acne was flaring up and I had a huge break out....

this is stupid i know.. but i only tried it a couple nights.. my face hurt so bad (it was itchy and it burned) i dont think i could do it for 4-5 months.. i go to a dermatologist wed. so we'll see what he says..

this is stupid i know.. but i only tried it a couple nights.. my face hurt so bad (it was itchy and it burned) i dont think i could do it for 4-5 months.. i go to a dermatologist wed. so we'll see what he says..

good luck with whatever you decide to do.

You know when you have that breakout before your period...does it still happen during the regimen?

good luck with whatever you decide to do.

You know when you have that breakout before your period...does it still happen during the regimen?

I still get the breakout before my period (I'm taking ortho tricyclin and am on the regimen). Then again, I always kinda slacked when it came to following the regimen EXACTLY (Sometimes I'd skip days, or only apply BP once a day. even so, Dan's regimen has gotten me clearer than anything else). I recently started taking Evening Primrose Oil, which is supposed to help balance your hormones out and keep the period breakout at bay. I did notice that taking it the week before my period (when I usually break out) kept me pretty damn clear. Unfortunately I forgot to take it for a day or two while on my period and I ended up breaking out anyway :doh: But I think if I take it consistently it can actually keep me clear during "that time" :shock: You should definitely give it a try! :)