Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanon

Can I get away with no makeup?

Yes so I've been here alot lately, lol. I really, truly, despise makeup, but for many years I was dependant. Felt so ugly without it and so on. Thanks to accutane I'm totally clear now. My face doesnt even flush that much, thanks to emu oil. My cheeks are always kinda rosey, but I actually like that.

Sometimes I feel that makeup makes my skin/scars look worse!! My mother is always saying I look better without makeup, and I just write that off as her being mom, and well crazy. ha.

Tomorrow my boyfriend will be visiting (from TX) and staying til the 30th. He's bound to see me without makeup at some point anyway. haha. oi. He says he doesnt care, just likes when girls do the "eye make up and lipstick stuff". :rolleyes: lol.

Here are some pics, right after I washed my face, and I look AWFUL, so sorry. Also never mind the sheen/shine, thats from the emu oil that I have yet to dab some tissue over.

Does my overall skin look acceptable enough for no make up, just eye makeup etc? (My forehead, chin etc have always been flawless, it was my cheeks that always had problems)

post-43678-1227673030_thumb.jpg

post-43678-1227673048_thumb.jpg

post-43678-1227673030_thumb.jpg

post-43678-1227673048_thumb.jpg

Good God woman, you're gorgeous lol, no makeup is needed what-so-ever, you have my honest word. Your skin is looking absolutely wonderful.

haha. sweetie, your skin is perfect.

DON'T wear make up. not "you can get away without it"

I'm telling you NOT to wear makeup.

lol.

have fun with your boyfriend!

the last 3 years i was never out without make up ... i even wanted to go out because of my acne :( ... now i am finished with my therapy and i tried to went out without make up ..... so now i am on my working place and i´m feeling "okay" without the make up ... but i dont know if my skin is really ok at the moment :(

aJGX3UcgO4ODl0p.jpg

aww congrats on being clear! you took accutane? what was your experience? im on week 10 now and my skin has been a constant mess for the whole time!! my skin wont stop breaking out!!! i looks worse than before! i could really use some encouragement since it obviously worked for you... and it seems like its not going to work for me.

you look absolutely beautiful!!! i agree with the others. i don't think you need to wear make-up at all, and if you don't like wearing it anyway, thank the Lord above! i wish i had that mentality. i'm clear but can't deal with the way i look without make-up, so don't want to go without. you are gorgeous!

My god woman your skin looks great. DO NOT PUT ON FOUNDATION/POWDER, YOU DO NOT NEED IT. You look fine without makeup you really do. I bet a black smokey eye would look marvelous on you. Just stick to eye makeup and lip gloss. Eversince I got off accutane Sephora has been my new best friend. I seriously cannot get over how good your skin looks! Congratulations and have fun with your BF.

You have really nice smooth skin. The texture of your skin is especially nice. Most importantly, if you feel good without foundation, then why bother.

Honestly, since I am a perfectionist, I'd probably want to take some red out with a little powder, but you certainly don't need to. Maybe just on special occasions if you want a flawless look, but for everyday you look great!

Have fun with your other makeup. If you want to wear eye & lip makeup, just do it when it doesn't feel like a chore. I love makeup, but I have days where I keep it simple because I just cannot be bothered (I never go without makeup though...I am far too insecure).

Oh my goodness you all are so incredibly nice!!!!! :D:wub: Thank you for all the encouragement! I guess when I meet him at the airport tonight, I'll do without the foundation. haha, yikes! He's gonna see that eventually, so why not lol. Man, you all gave me a little boost of confidence!

I'm gonna go through and answer the question some people asked now-

HeatherinFL- My skincare routine is- Wash my face with Eucerine Redness Relief, with cold water, once a day (cannot tolerate even tepid water). My skin is extremely, extremely dry, so you can probably wash twice a day.

Then I slather Emu Oil on my cheeks. Yes, I let it look all shiney and everything, lol, unless Im going somewhere, then I'll dab some tissue over it. But for skin thats not severely dry like mine, you could probably just use a normal amount of emu oil. On my forehead, nose and chin, I use Eucerine Redness Relief night cream.

Every 3 days or so, I exfoliate with Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleansing Pads. If my flakes are not too bad, I will rinse off all the Aveeno cleanser (its quite drying) and just use my Eucerine cleanser with the pads. The pads are that good.

If I wear makeup, I use Cetaphil DailyAdvance moisturizer under it, not emu oil, obviously.

Yo Adrienne! 10 weeks?! My dear, give it time! 10 weeks isnt that long, give it atleast 3 months (thats 90 days) to see improvement. Keyword is "improvement", not -bam! you're suddenly clear. lol. It can take some people a while, it all depends each persons skin/severity. I got alot of improvement at the end of 3rd month. I was completely clear for the 4th and final 5th month. I could have gone 6 months, but I couldnt handle the dryness. My accutane experience was smooth, nothing happend. Just severe dryyyyynnnnesssss. lol. This redness/flushing I get was happening way before I took accutane. I've been off of Accutane since about Aug. 14th. If you have any more questions, just pm me!

Oh and Thinderella- Are you not wearing make up in that picture? Because your skin looks totally fine!!! You look great, honestly, dont worry! I cant tell you ever had a prob with acne. :)

@ shanon

yes this is without make up .... at the moment i cant imagine how it was to live with acne .... 3 yeas i never went out without make up .... and now i am able ... as well as you ... your skin is really really great ... dont worry about make up ... just enjy the day and your great skin

Shanon... thanks for the advice about the accutane. i know 10 weeks isnt long... i just didnt know my skin would be THIS broke out for so long!! my derm said most people improve in the 3rd month... so maybe in a few weeks. Also... what is Emu oil? i am too scared to put any sort of oil on my skin!! ive heard of people suggesting jojoba oil too... what is that? i found a foundation that has jojoba oil and it says it helps your skin heal. http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id...ldPaginate=true do you think i should use some sort of oil on my skin? ahh i dont know what to do

Shanon... thanks for the advice about the accutane. i know 10 weeks isnt long... i just didnt know my skin would be THIS broke out for so long!! my derm said most people improve in the 3rd month... so maybe in a few weeks. Also... what is Emu oil? i am too scared to put any sort of oil on my skin!! ive heard of people suggesting jojoba oil too... what is that? i found a foundation that has jojoba oil and it says it helps your skin heal. http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id...ldPaginate=true do you think i should use some sort of oil on my skin? ahh i dont know what to do

Absolutely think you should use sort of oil, especially during and post-accutane. It absorbs so much faster and better than any moisturizer. Also its not foreign to your skin, youre skin wont work so hard over producing its own oil that will cause you problems. Unlike your own oil, however, its non comedeogenic and wont get trapped in your pores. Youre putting it on from the outside, not inside out. I am speaking of emu oil mostly, although quite a few people love jojoba oil for the same reasons. My skin hates jojoba oil, lol. It caused weird little breakouts and just generally doesnt react well. Id suggest doing a little test with this oil, on your temple (you know, side of your head/forehead) or high up on your neck and see what it does.

Emu oil is the most awesome thing I have ever found. My skin burned, flaked, peeled, etc so badly and nothing ever stopped it. Until I started using this. Its an anti inflammatory, pain reliever, skin healer, delievers the nutrients your skin needs (fats, tryglycerides, cholesteral etc), increble moisturizer, non comedeogenic (I slather this stuff on and it never clogs pores). If you go to longviewfarms.com, you can read about it. Its used for many, many things. & I believe it is- it may gross you out- emu bird fat. yes, thats quite weird i know. lol. But just try it and youre skin has never felt so good. ONLY ever get 100% Pure Refined emu oil. Longviewfarms is the best imo.

You have to order it, its not sold in stores, unfortunately. I think some stores claim they have things with emu oil in it, but I dont believe you'll ever find 100% Pure Refined emu oil anywhere but online. And youre very welcome!

I also forgot to mention the most importaqnt part of my skincare routine!! I dont know how I forgot. In the morning, before I wash my face, I soak my face with whole milk (with a little water added) for about 20-30 mins (thats cus my face is so inflamed in the morning for some reason, normal people wouldnt have to do it that long). Never caused any pimples or clogged pores. Its sooo soothing and makes your skin sooo soft. Also makes everything else on your face (dirt, oil, etc) easier to get off when you wash. Gets rid of inflammation and redness.

Be careful with the Emu Oil. I read some pretty harsh things on MUA about it. Something that I hear much more positive results on is Olive oil, or Almond Oil. Just be wary of any oil because everyone is different. My skin didn't care for the oils so I had to stop..

Thats why you have to be very careful where you buy it. and make sure its refined and pure, or even triple refined. Emu oil should be white-ish/clear, relatively thin, very smooth oil. Never yellow or creamy, never grainy, and should never smell. It may have a slight "waxy" odor, but whatever you want to call the smell, it must be very subtle.

So I'm giving an update for those who are interested still (particularly lu lu belle since she asked in another of my threads :) )

Omg I've just had the best 4 days of my life. I love him so much. I'm just so so sad that he's gone now though. My heart hurts. :( I'm going to go to houston and stay with him for a while, in about 10 days or so. Its been a year and a half and I just cant be away from him anymore! In the mean time, I'm going to keep wearing his t-shirt that he left for me and make plans to go there :)

And for the no makeup- He didnt even notice! He told me I was beautiful so many times, even when my cheeks had flushing episodes a few times. Whenever I get really happy or excited, my cheeks flush alot. He said he thought it was cute when they did that. ha. And he said that I dont need foundation and to quit worrying.

Ladies, relax, you dont have to look perfect. Be happy with the skin youre in. If a guy really cares that much about something like that, then he's not worth it.

awwww!!!!!! i'm so happy for you! thanks for updating us! :) you're right, if a guy really loves you, really cares about you, he won't care about your skin. i went through that with my boyfriend..... my skin was okay when i started dating him, but then went on a roller coaster ride as i was trying to figure out what worked best for me. he always told me how beautiful i was even so. :wub:

You have lovely skin. The only thing I do notice is the redness, so if I was in your skin I would probably just wear some foundation/powder on my cheeks. But I'm sure it's probably only red just some of the time, based on your posts. You don't NEED to wear makeup by any means.

aww, i'm glad things worked out for you. good luck with everything and i echo all the others .. you don't need makeup. your skin is gorgeous and so are you.