Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucky girl

Dryness from Fraxel? Aaaagghhh

Hi

It is now 9 days since I had Fraxel laser done (repair i think as it didn't invlove bleeding or anything) and I am still sssoooo dry and flaky. My chin is especially bad and though for a couple of hours in the morning it feels Ok as I cleanse and then moisturise so it soothes the dryness for a while, after that it just drys up and feels horrible. I have to put makeup on to work so halfway through the day it just looks so bad as I am all dry and flaky. I was using Cetaphil moisturiser but it is too heavy for my skin and I am also breaking out in acne. I am using a oil-free moisturising sunscreen called Daily Face (I think it's only in Australia) during the day but it's not enough to keep the dryness away. How long until it goes back to normal????

That's odd that you are still so dry. I've had four deep fraxels, and generally within a week my skin was back to normal. It felt really good and healthy. I did you away from an oil-free moisturizer though, and found that Olay Complete Moisture Creme for sensitive sin worked well for me. I did apply about four times a day though for about the first 3 weeks after treatment.

Why did you get the Fraxel treatments? How happy are you with the outcome right now? I know that full results don't show until later but generally I could see within two weeks basically how reacted.

Good luck. Im sure the dry skin will eventually change. But you may consider moisturing a few more times during the day. I know here the the winter weather really contiributes to dky skin. Not sure if that is a factor where you live.