Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tired princess

doxycycline??????????

my derm just called me in doxycycline 100mg once daily...

what should i expect??? when do i see results??? he said theres no such thing as an Inital breakout or anything like that from antibiotics... so i guess it'll either work.. or not work...

am i supposed to take this at the same time everyday?? and is it ok i still take zinc?? just not 2 hrs before or after doxy...

neways just popped my first pill right now.. 9pm.. i havent eaten since about 5pm.. so i dont know whether thats a good thing or bed thing for my stomach.. i guess we'll find out ;x

i never have stomach problems when i take it..maybe just a tiny stomach ache but nothing major

its no miracle cure but itll help keep u under control a little better.. and id recommend taking at the same time as usual just to keep u on it 24 hrs a day

I used Doxy it didn't work for me-Hopefully it will work for you-I was told it takes about 3 weeks to start working. Good Luck

yeah it really is different for different people. for me, it actually made it worse (!?)- but for some they see results within 4 weeks, sometimes up to 8-12 weeks.

yep take it on an empty stomach, preferably 2 hours before or after you've eaten. i literally can't wait that long to eat, so wait 1 and a half hour either side! :D

gl with it! :) (oh and yeah avoid eating anything high in calcium or magnesium close to taking a pill! :D)

I have been on low-dose doxycycline for 8 years and it is great. I didn't experience any kind of initial breakout at all. I would just recommend taking it with food so it doesn't hurt your stomach.

As far as how long you have to take it, I obviously took it a long time! I never broke out if I missed a week or two, though. However, it is not a cure. I quit taking it all together about a month and a half ago and while my face is still completely clear I have gotten tiny little bumps on my back so I am going to go back on it again (50 mg once a day).

Hope it works for you! I have had a lot of success with it!

I don't take it on an empty stomach because it makes me feel really queasy and naseous.

Initally i had a break out but i'm not sure if it was due to the differin which i was also using.