Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
d_headshot

Joint and back pain

About two years ago, I got a back injury and it hasn't healed yet. Every day it's painful and I have to crack it and do physio exercises just for short, minimal relief. The pain was and is in my lower back. It's been a month and a half since I've been taking accutane and ever since the first week of taking it, I get numbing pain in my upperback and lower back when laying down, sitting up, or squatting. I'm pretty sure I have never experienced this kind of pain during or before the injury so it must be from the accutane. I also get a lot of joint, hip, and hip flexor pains now. When I'm done treatment will this go away or leave my injury in a worse state?

Well from what I've heard, usually the pain goes away after you've finished the course, but there are some exceptions ofcourse.

My joints and lower back hurt a lot on the course, my joints are better but my lower back is still pretty bad... I'ts been around 3-4 weeks since I finished I guess.

14 months on and I'm in daily agony from my course of accutane. 24/7 severe chronic joint pain in ALL my joints, the only exception being my 4 fingers on each hand. My life is practically ruined and I feel about 90 years old. Things have gradually got worse over time. If the sides generally don't disappear after 4-6 weeks then you can probably count on the pain sticking around for some time, if not permanantly. My pain just spread like wildfire after I finished my course which just goes to show that the side effects can creep up on you some time after you have finished deadly therapy.