Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnabolicSlim

Could my hair be the reasoning i am getting breakouts?

So I have long hair (for a guys standards) and I part it to the left. Whenever I get a rare breakout, it seems that it is right where my hair touches my face.

What do you guys think?

Definatly could be the cause. The oil from your hair gets on the skin in the area it's covering, and the excess oil causes a breakout.

Well it may cause some breakouts if your hair is oily but if its not, then your hair is not the problem good luck buddy.

Absolutely. I used to part my hair on the side and it rested on my face most of the time and i contribute a lot of break outs to it. My skin is still overly sensitive on those areas and it's been at least a year since I stopped. Might I recommend you find a hair style that doesn't involve your hair hanging out with your face? It's worth it.

Also keep your hair very very clean. Wash it once a day or every other day if it gets dry. Don't use products that you wouldn't use on your skin (I use a gentle lotion or glycerin). Even though I don't keep my hair on my face anymore, if my hair gets dirty then my skin pays a toll. Those oils drip down, especially during exercise (use a bandanna if you're going to be sweating at all). Consider any possibility (pillow cases, eating messily, touching, etc).

Try pulling your hair back in a headband while sleeping and making sure that your hair and pillowcase are clean. I notice that most of the breakouts I have had that were attributed to my hair beingin my face actually occured at night when I would roll over on to it, and not throughout the day when simply walking around.