Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Belloni

What's working for me, FINALLY!

Hi there guys, finally i think i've found a regime put together by myself that is working well so far!

My skin - is basically red marks (asian background, see profile picture!) i would say 80% marks and 20% actual spots. These marks make my skin look bad, it's what annoys me more since i actually know i don't have a spot there!

I was using dan's regimne, helped a bit, but not as much as i wanted/hoped for. As i have more red marks then actual spots, reading that BP prolongs the marks being there, put me off a bit and also that coming off BP will cause an IB, i was screwed both ways basically!

However, i got to this point by accident, as i was running very low on dan's stuff, and i was skint on money that month, and i need something quick in order to keep my skin clean etc and not miss a day. I found "Cetaphil" and my god that feels nice putting on!

So basically what i do everyday is keep a good healthy diet, i tend to eat scrambled egg on toast everyday, 3 eggs with crème freche (tastes much nicer compared to milk), i take a Zinc tablet of 15mg and a Vitamin C tablet of 1000mg a day. I try my best to eat healthily everyday, but that costs alot nowadays, but i do my best, i'm only human. Make sure to eat alteast 5 fruit a day too! I go to bed at 12 to 12:30 now, compared to my usual nodding off at around 2am and make sure to get around at least 8 hours of sleep, now i know most people doesn't think sleep helps acne, but hey who cares, i feel ALOT better every day, more alert, less down etc, so if it helps acne that is a big bonus, especially where i work, being awake helps alot so sleeping pattern has help loads. In the morning i use Cetaphil, now i was scared of weening off BP, so i used it as a spot treatment to start with, on the active spots i had at that time, then just stopped, praying that i don't get that IB off BP. 2 weeks in, nothing so i am really pleased about that, guess i'm lucky. So now it's Cetaphil then nothing, if i'm leaving the house, i will use moisturiser and a little cover up, but that's it. Now in the evening i use St.Ives Invigorating scrub, this stuff is amazing, my skin is so so smooth now after using this for a few days. Smells nice i think and not too expensive, really impressed with this product. After this, i wait around 10 minutes, then i apply Sudocreme to my marks for over night, i think this stuff helps alot in stopping new spots, in 2 weeks, i haven't had a single spot that's noticeable, even if i get a little one, within a day, it's gone down drastically. Also, before i shower, and before i wash at night, i put medium to hot water in the sink, and then hold my head under it for around 1 minute 30 seconds. I read somewhere this helps in un clogging pores, so far so good it's helping.

Sorry for the long post, just so surprised i've not had a new spot, and even my mum complimented my skin, i'm glad to be off BP also for my skin type.

Belloni

Congrats Belloni! I'm envious!!

I've been working on my dark spots too (Asian descent also, HOLLA!!)

Please don't forget to update us on your progress!

Sudocreme does wonders for marks.

Also, i am eating at around every 2 hours, i think this helps nutrition also.

Oh also, drinking around atleast 6 litres of water a day!