Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This question has probably been asked hundreds of times, but I cannot find a simple answer.

Why do some users get the initial breakout? What is it from, exactly? Dormant pimples? Body adjusting to the pill? How long do these normally last? Is there a way of treating them?

Thanks.

Maybe the contents in Accutane are forcing the bad tallow in your skin to get out to the surface?

Im not sure. Wanna know this too.

from what I understand...pimples form under your skin 2 weeks before they come to surface.

But why do some initial breakouts last 3-4 months?I don't know....Maybe it's just ''breakouts'', like people would have had anyways.

I believe the initial break out is worse.

my derm just said "it pushes out all of the acne under your skin" there also seems to be a connection between taking a higher dosage and having a worse IB. not sure why either

This question has probably been asked hundreds of times, but I cannot find a simple answer.

Why do some users get the initial breakout? What is it from, exactly? Dormant pimples? Body adjusting to the pill? How long do these normally last? Is there a way of treating them?

Thanks.

Some derms will put their patients on bactrim to avoid the IB. Some will use a high powered antibiotic like bactrim a month prior to the accutane. Wish I knew that since I blew up all over the place after starting accutane.