Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the_se7en

After Accutane?

What do you do after accutane??? I still have scars, I'm on my last week of accutane 80mg... theres like 3 major scars/marks on my face. Two on the cheeks and one on the nose... it's still unbearable for me to see my skin in the mirror, looks hideous.

You wait 6 months to a year, see what fades, see what scars have developed and then if you can't live with it, see a professional to have a procedure done and begin the path of 'correcting' the damaged skin. 3 permanent scars doesn't sound like a lot though.... I wish I could count mine.

I had dermabrasion done. It worked great. But you need to pick a plastic surgeon carefully. They told me I had to wait 6 months after taking accutane, but I lied it was only two months. I didn't have the time to wait around 6 months. I had a month off and went for it. I was surprised how quickly I healed. That was because the surgeon knew what he was doing and post op care. It cost me about 2 grand, which I had saved up. I hide out in some crappy apt. in the NE US until I looked normal again. Then returned to the world, but then again-I was use to hiding out with this crap on my face.

Although I doubt there are any members here who got cleared up from accutane and actually came back to keep posting around here... but has anyone tried MaMa lotion perhaps after 6 months after? A slow healing process using it perhaps once or twice weekly...

Any recommended procedures? What had good results? I have deep scarring, and some serious red marks on my face... indented, looks like a volcano eruptions on my face... if you really pay attention.

Hi there,

first of all, sorry for my english, i know its not the best, but i think its enough to understand what i want to say ;) (i´m from austria ...)

@ the se7en

you have asked waht happend after accutane? How long are you finished with the therapy? and for how long did you take it and which dose?

I would say .. wait for a few month to see how the face is going to regenerate.

I am finished since 2 weeks and now I´m a little bit afraid because i do not know if it will help me to get acne free forever.

I was on 40mg for the first month, and then 80 mg daily for the 3 months after. Acne has cleared up pretty nicely, no more pimples but the damn scarring is just really bad. Maybe my skin needs time to heal up or whatever lets hope it gets better. I am going to wait 6 months and then look at my options.

Anyone used MaMa lotion after 6 months of finishing accutane for acne marks/scars?

I am thinking about trying peach & crème face and neck 8% alpha hydroxy moisturizer for gentle exfoliation, perhaps a few times a week. I know AHA is geat for helping ACNE away, right now i've been off accutane for around 2 weeks. My skin is still clear from acne, although the redmarks and scars are really getting to me :(

A exfoliating moisturizer seems like the best option, please share your opinions on peach & crème face and neck 8% alpha hydroxy moisturizer post accutane?