Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JonX

Jon's log - 86kg - 40mg/day

Hello

First of all let me describe you my experiences with acne. I've been suffering from acne for 2 years. When I first started breaking out (16 yrs old), it wasn't that bad. A few pimples here and there and some red spots. Didn't pay much attention to it. Tetracycline did the job and I had very few zits. By the time I turned 18 my acne got worse. I started getting these nasty pustules on my cheeks and shortly after more pimples. :wall: The main problem zones are my cheeks and chin. Forehead and areas around the nose are relatively clear (only a few blackheads, no big deal).

This is my first treatment with isotretinoin.

I am 18 years old, weigh 86kg (don't know how much lbs that is, because I live in Europe, :whistle:) and am taking 40mg a day (1x20mg in the morning, 1x20mg in the evening, both during meals). I'm already taking iso for 6 days so let me go back in time a bit. :razz:

18th of November (Day ZERO)

Got my Izotek (that's the equivalent of tane in my country :dance: ).

I'm all excited. Tomorrow will mark the beginning of my treatment. Took a few pics of my face.

I know they're not very sharp but I promise, the next pics will be better. :angel:

post-88845-1227652002_thumb.jpg

post-88845-1227652008_thumb.jpg

Day 6

Yesterday my skin started to peel a bit. My skin felt a little irritated, my nose turned red, just like Rudolph the Reindeer :lol: .This is probably a sign that Iso kicks in and starts working. :cool:

I'm glad it stopped. My lips are dry and a bit chapped. Chapstick does its job. Pustules have gotten a bit smaller and they don't hurt when I touch them with my fingers. So far no other side effects.

Right cheek got a bit worse maybe thats the IB but I can't say the same thing about the left cheek but oh well, please tell me what you think. :)

post-88845-1227652015_thumb.jpg

post-88845-1227652020_thumb.jpg

post-88845-1227652002_thumb.jpg

post-88845-1227652008_thumb.jpg

post-88845-1227652015_thumb.jpg

post-88845-1227652020_thumb.jpg

hey good luck with ur treatment! its hard to notice if ur skin is improving in the first week cuz it takes a while to start clearing up ur skin so u just have to be patient (easier said than done i know!!). its good to see that ur doc hasn't put u on a rediculously high dose also! keep updated with ur progress, itl b great to see how ur going.

carol

Visit My Accutane Log