Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stylophonico

HELP ME! BIG QUESTION!

so my doctor prescribed me to accutane today and she asked if i was still taking doxicycline which she prescribed me before, so i told her yes. and she said i need to stop and wait 3 days until it gets out of my sistem. so i cant take antibiotics but she didnt say anything about my topical creams. im thinking about starting accutane this saturday and i have a very big event this saturday too so i wanna be as clear as possible for that day and im almost compleately sure that my acne will get worst if i dont put on my differin and duac. so im wondering if these creams can get in my system and if i should keep on taking them until the day before i start taking my first pill of accutane.

peace...

From what I understand it is only cycline "mino, doxy, tetracyclines" antibiotics that can't be taken in conjunction with accutane. Why don't you tell the doc you'll start it on Sunday. One day will not matter.

yeah thats right, you cant take the "mino, doxy, tetracyclines" together with the accutane ... but as michael told you ... why dont you start on sunday? ... this one day doesn´t matter ..

From what I've read, and felt from starting Accutane (I'm on Day 4), I wouldn't use anything except Face Wash and Face Moisturizer. I wouldn't use Benzoyl or any of that shit... Makes your face pretty dry. And no, none of the antibiotics should be used with Accutane. Did you read the iPledge booklet? It says in there what you should not take with it...

Good luck on whatever your event is!