Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

Colon Cleanse

Has anyone on here done a colon cleanse? Is using a colon cleanse with laxatives (sena) in it dangerous?

I've done a few colon cleanses (and enemas) and although I'm not sure about sena I do know that it helped my overall health and skin appearance. In my opinion, since it aids in cleaning the intestines and colon it maintains a proper detoxification path so instead of pushing toxins out through your skin they can be eliminated elsewhere.

I actually just started taking Colonix.....surprisingly it is really helping clearing up my (mild/moderate) acne. I figured that it's because my acne is mainly stemming from toxins in my body not being efficiently released :/ i'm only on my 2nd week so i'll have to wait and see.....

"I've done a few colon cleanses (and enemas) and although I'm not sure about sena I do know that it helped my overall health and skin appearance. "

Mhm. Placebo.

"In my opinion, since it aids in cleaning the intestines and colon it maintains a proper detoxification path so instead of pushing toxins out through your skin they can be eliminated elsewhere."

Thats BS, if you were toxic you would be dead, sorry.

"I've done a few colon cleanses (and enemas) and although I'm not sure about sena I do know that it helped my overall health and skin appearance. "

Mhm. Placebo.

"In my opinion, since it aids in cleaning the intestines and colon it maintains a proper detoxification path so instead of pushing toxins out through your skin they can be eliminated elsewhere."

Thats BS, if you were toxic you would be dead, sorry.

Seriously, educate yourself about toxins n shit (you don't know what you're talking about... unsurprisingly).

And to answer the question, I've done them twice with a product I got Vitamin Shoppe. First time worked great, a few days after the 10 day cycle I was totally clear and that maintained for a while but eventually it came back (wasn't really too worried about my diet at this point, I thought I would be clear for a while)... did it a second time a couple months later but didn't really do anything that time.

Glass Dance, stop spreading lies and misinformation around here. "Toxin" of the human body is nothing more than a BS concept invented by con artists to gain great power over their customers by diagnosing and curing "potentially fatal" (but nonexistent) illnesses. No one has ever proved the existence of such things.

Glass Dance, stop spreading lies and misinformation around here. "Toxin" of the human body is nothing more than a BS concept invented by con artists to gain great power over their customers by diagnosing and curing "potentially fatal" (but nonexistent) illnesses. No one has ever proved the existence of such things.

So you're saying lead is not a toxin?? That you can't get food poisoning through toxins??

Please, your lack of knowledge is painful...

Oh and yeah, you're wrong, the government acknowledges toxins, but you are behind on the knowledge, once again... If you don't know what you're talking about, please stop shooting things down when you are wrong (that would be a lot of your posts)...

Lead is not a toxin. As i said, the term "toxin" concerning materials that exist on our body was ivented by faith-healers and such. Why do you think 99% of the sites brought up by a google search are holistic-zen-healers-chinese-herb-man websites promoting their miraculous life saving cleanses?

A toxin according to the english dictionary is a poisonous substance created by an organism. And as i said, no one has ever found such toxins in our body, let alone anyone has ever died of toxins.

Food poisoning is another completely unrelated thing. If you got poisoned you'd be dead, or in a near-hospitalization state. And it would be nothing you could solve with a stupid cleanse.

Take care.

Lead is not a toxin.

But lead is toxic... that is the point...

Why do you think 99% of the sites brought up by a google search are holistic-zen-healers-chinese-herb-man websites promoting their miraculous life saving cleanses?

On the first two pages of a google search for "toxins," I got a couple of .gov websites, .edu websites, .org (non holistic health) websites, a few definitions of them... I don't know what you're talking about.

And as i said, no one has ever found such toxins in our body,

That is false, toxic substances can be found in the bloodstream.

Food poisoning is another completely unrelated thing.

Why, do you think that you cannot get food poisoned through toxins? Because that would be false.

If you got poisoned you'd be dead, or in a near-hospitalization state.

No, if you got food poisoned from toxins you would not have to be dead or in a hospital.

1) If you were poisoned by lead you'd have much worse consequences than acne :lol:

2)"On the first two pages of a google search for "toxins," I got a couple of .gov websites, .edu websites, .org (non holistic health) websites, a few definitions of them... I don't know what you're talking about."

But if you took the time to read them you'd see they go completely against your point. The toxins they talk about is VENOM produced by other LIVING BEINGS, which is the definition of the word toxins, not the one hoslistics try to pass on.

3) What are toxins according to herbalistis etc.? Are they bacteria? Chemical pollutants? Trans fats? Heavy metals? All those? They pretty much leave it up to the imagination of the patient to invent their own toxins. And to add to the ridiculousness all the treatments are supposed to work for these kinds of toxics without distinctions. Any doctor will tell you thats pure BS.

4) Yes, they can. But not "toxins".

5) If you got poisoned by toxic substances wherever they were, be it on food, water, or air, you would have serious adverse reactions, and yes you should be hospitalized. Now, your talking about chronic toxicity, not poisoning. And if you think enemas can solve that problem and clean the toxic substances out of your system, try ingesting a cup of hydrogen peroxide and doing an enema and tell us how you feel the next morning (or have the coroner write us a note).

You're a great contributor, GlassDance; your responses are so easy to predict that little brain is needed to read (or write) them.

even though you kinda sound like a prick who likes to feel smarter than people, i gotta back you up on this one animus. it is silly that all of these people are telling you to "educate" yourself when they are ignoring the people who are truly educated: biochemists and doctors. im about to enter med school and am positive that if you brought up this "toxins" stuff to any real doctor or research scientist they would laugh in your face. its fine if you are frustrated and willing to try things with no scientific backing to them, but quite pretending you are more educated than people because you have read a few pretend scientific websites. youre going to do more damage than good. trust the people who have put in REAL time studying this stuff-professionals.

even though you kinda sound like a prick who likes to feel smarter than people, i gotta back you up on this one animus. it is silly that all of these people are telling you to "educate" yourself when they are ignoring the people who are truly educated: biochemists and doctors. im about to enter med school and am positive that if you brought up this "toxins" stuff to any real doctor or research scientist they would laugh in your face. its fine if you are frustrated and willing to try things with no scientific backing to them, but quite pretending you are more educated than people because you have read a few pretend scientific websites. youre going to do more damage than good. trust the people who have put in REAL time studying this stuff-professionals.

Obviously their are things in many of our bodies that negatively impact us, such as yeasts, parasites, fecal matter, etc that we want to get rid of. Would you going into med school agree with that?

Obviously their are things in many of our bodies that negatively impact us, such as yeasts, parasites, fecal matter, etc that we want to get rid of. Would you going into med school agree with that?

Of course there are things in our body that "negatively" effect us. but many of these either have positive aspects as well, or the procedure to remove them is more harmful than beneficial. it isnt possible to remove every harmful things from our bodies. However, there is nothing to show that any of this effects acne. a clinical study showing how many peoples' faces cleared after cleansing their colon, if such a study were to exist, would prove nothing because there is no known biological way that any of this stuff can clog pores, or lead to a change in sebum or skin cell life cycle enough to cause acne. my point is not that your skin wont clear up from these things, it might. but you could not scientifically attribute it to the cleanse without knowing any mechanism by which it "worked". there are too many variables. my main point(sorry if my post is a little convoluted) is that performing these radical procedures without consulting a doctor is irresponsible, even if it happens to work, is irresponsible because you do not know what you are doing to your body. without the proper studying and training, you cannot know. this is why we have doctors in the first place.

Senna can be a very dangerous laxative, even at lower dosages. Sense this is part of your colon cleanse regimen, I'm assuming you are not using liquid or tablets, but consuming it through tea. Its somewhat difficult to explain, but feel free to hit me with a PM first and I'll break it down a bit, it all depends on the amount of senna your digesting I suppose. I believe anything above 2/g a day is never recommended. Even at that dose not for periods of over 1 month. But don't quote me on that its been quite awhile.

Juicebox, you seem to put alot of faith into "Real Doctors". I don't know your definition of real doctors, but im going to assume you mean those who practice western medicine. Stating things like those "real doctors" or research scientist would laugh in your face about toxins etc means little to nothing. As there are plenty around the "World" who would laugh in their face. Maybe a laugh in the face survey around the world should be conducted about this topic, but that would only be for my entertainment =).

Take a look at Animus/ Glass arguements. Both appear to be reasonable smart people, to certain indivuals. Both are alot a like but have their own beliefs and seem to believe in them whole heartedly. Once that is realized it becomes near pointless to debate, except to make other people believe them. Let people have their own beliefs and come to their own conclusions through their trials and errors.

So you are saying doing a colon cleanse is irresponsible? Is their any potential bad it can do? You don't believe that their are any positive consequences to doing a colon cleanse?

i didnt say that nothing good can come of it, but i do know that bad can come of it. laxatives are dangerous. whenever you introduce something into the body, the homeostatic mechanisms adjust. kind of like when you take steroids and your body stops producing testosterone. when people take laxatives they do not need, they often get very constapated after and this can be dangerous. this is besides the point that laxatives lead to dehydration and all that stuff. i am not yet a doctor and am not pretending to be one, i only wish people would consult a professional before messing with their bodies. i know enough about the body to know its incredibly complex, way more complex than most non science-focused people seem to appreciate. and yes, i am biased toward western medicine. if you want to use tea leaves and tiger bones to heal all your diseases then i am certainly not going to convince you otherwise. my only goal is to alert people who do follow western medicine but are tricked by scams offering them pretend cure-alls. no matter how much youd like it to be, it isnt that simple.

my main point(sorry if my post is a little convoluted) is that performing these radical procedures without consulting a doctor is irresponsible, even if it happens to work, is irresponsible because you do not know what you are doing to your body. without the proper studying and training, you cannot know. this is why we have doctors in the first place.

So you are saying doctors do know what they are doing to your body? And they do understand the effects of the drugs they prescribe? Because they are real doctors and have really spent time studying these.

In that case it's awfully strange that correctly prescribed and used prescription drugs kill more people than all cancers put together. After all these are people who really understand the body and what they are doing to it. So why do they kill so many people?

I agree that colon cleanses are both useless (having used them many times) and potentially dangerous (though dangers are very minimal). But taking a colon cleanses messes up with your body far, far less than taking synthetic drugs that have been rubber stamp approved by the FDA.

If there's somebody experimenting with your body it's the drug companies.

in regards to packerfan and oxygen cleanse i honestly dont even know what that is. it could be perfectly fine, but i stand by my main point that you should consult a professional before doing ANYTHING in an attempt to fix a problem with your body.

in regards to sepsi, i dont really know what you are arguing. do doctors make mistakes? yes. do drug companies push certain new drugs and do some doctors sometimes overly prescribe them? yes. but these are necessary parts of our current health system. it would be great if you could think of a way that these things wouldnt happen, but im pretty sure you cant. and im really hoping that you arent arguing that we ignore science and doctors altogether like some crazy religious sect. it does no good to harp on the down sides of medicine when following professional medical advice is still and will remain the best option we have to curing illness and staying healthy. period.

I think you misunderstood me a bit. The deaths are not a result of mistakes doctors make. Mistakes are human and understandable. The deaths are result of correctly prescribed drugs. Drugs that were used as they were supposed to be used.

but these are necessary parts of our current health system. it would be great if you could think of a way that these things wouldnt happen, but im pretty sure you cant.

"As long as we use synthetic chemicals to suppress symptoms and bring the illusion of health we will always have these things. Though by having a less corrupted regulatory bodies (FDA) would help to lessen the unnecessary deaths and suffering."

You got some nerve posting such ridiculousness.

1st. chemicals to supress symptoms will ever exist until the cure is found. When it is found, and it has been in many cases, that is no longer necessary.

2nd. Finding a cure is much harder than supressing the symptoms. How can you make a person with overweight tendencies to stop being overweight? Yes, tou have to change their genes. And as far as i know it is yet unkown specifically all the gene(s) responsible for such effect and if they don't affect anything else.

3rd. Tell the people that are only able to live due to evil chemicals that they have the illusion of health. Maybe you get a punch or two in the face along the way.

"By the use of this scientific method most herbs and alternative health traditions were developed over thousands of years. Doctors in those days tried things and observed what worked. That's science without fancy papers."

Though i can agree many drug companies overlook how to do real science in favour of provits, it is bullshit to say herbs know. If anyone doesn't know, it is them.

"Then how come some of the healthiest people are those who have learned to avoid doctors?"

My grandpa died at the long age of 89 and he didn't avoid doctors, and he was healthy as a horse all his life. My other granparents are already 80+ and they don't avoid doctors. Mutant family or shitty theory?

"How come when they ignore their doctor's advice to take antibiotics or other drugs and instead fast and rest and allow their bodies to heal themselves they become far healthier?"

Tell that to a cancerous/diabetic/chrons disease/high-blood-pressure/ pantient and let's see how he does without the drugs.

"How come mortality rates drop when doctor go on a strike?"

:lol:

"Despite this how come doctors still insist on prescribing drugs to patients instead of giving them diet and lifestyle advice?"

Not all doctors are the druging prescribers you make them to be. My famlily doctor for instance did reccomend me a diet and lifestyle change when i went to see him.

And if most doctors rather prescribe drugs it's because either they know people aren't willing to change their lifestyle/diet, or because they think it doesn't affect, or because they're dicks and simply don't care, but people like that exist in every profession and they're not the majority.

Packerfan785, you do know that oxygen on its own is toxic don't you?

2nd. Finding a cure is much harder than supressing the symptoms. How can you make a person with overweight tendencies to stop being overweight? Yes, tou have to change their genes. And as far as i know it is yet unkown specifically all the gene(s) responsible for such effect and if they don't affect anything else.

Yes changing someones genes is the best way to help them loose weight. :rolleyes:

Maybe they could get off their lazy asses and exercise and stop macking at Burger King.

AniMus thanks a lot for your enlightening opinions. You never fail us. Anyway, this is not a debate I'm willing to waste my time on.

Most likely a mutant family... since you asked...