Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ukguy

Is BHA not doing me any good?

Iv been using BHA for about 4 months now, however i keep getting dry skin, which then leads to breakouts. A couple weeks ago the same thing happened, so i stopped BHA but convinced myself that others had good results so it cant be the BHA, however, today after about a week of using it, my skins really dry again. Now im wondering if its too drying for me and the problems i have are caused by BHA, and without BHA i wouldnt have such dry skin?

advice would be a real help, thanks :)

The only other stuff im using is Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel and Neutrogena Moisturizer.

for some ppl bha is too drying...i myself use 2% and it works really well for me, but u might wanna try an aha formula instead....as well as something antibiotic like tea tree oil or benzoyl peroxide. Just add aha for now and then an antibiotic after a while of using aha...

hope this helps u

Thanks for the quick reply.

would AHA be effective on blackheads? i understand it isnt as effective as BHA but my blackheads are very light. and is AHA moisturizing ?

thanks

For sure! uhh i use aha once every few days...i bought the one off of this site and its moisturizing enuf for me....i use it at night and dont add a moisturizer on top of it. it depends on the person as to whether it will help with blackheads or not, so just try it for a couple weeks and see if theres a difference. Oh i do have very tough skin tho...not sensitive At All.

thanks, hopefully AHA will exfoliate just enough to help my blackheads and hopefully it will give me some moisture back as it seems im always battling to keep it moisturized.

im going to try paulas choice AHA tonight as i brought it last week but just been testing it on my chin, make sure it doesnt irriate.

For me, I had been trying the paula's choice BHA 1% lotion and have tried the BHA 2% liquid.

The 1% lotion made me break out all in the places that I have never broken out before, and they were these tiny red white heads. So I thought that it might be because it was a lotion. Then the 2% liquid and I have had very dry skin flaky and horrible. I have very sensitive skin I guess.

I now am going to move on to the AHA I bought from this site.

Iv been using AHA for over a week now and its make my skin very dry. i dnt understand why though, because i thought it was moisturizing. Anyway after using BHA and AHA and not getting very good results im gonna go simple and just cleanse and moisturize, then maybe exfoliate with a mask once a week. When it warms up again ill try AHA again.

are we supposed to not feel anything when we put on the Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid? i ordered off ebay instead so i'm kinda paranoid <.<