Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dexzi

Please let me know if you know what my skin problem might be

Hello everyone. I wasn't sure where to turn and I was lucky enough to find this website. I think you are all very knowledgeable about acne and facial problems so I would love to ask anyone to let me know what might have happened to my face =/ And I hope I picked right place to put my topic.

Story: Sorry for longness but I appreciate it so much if you can find the time to read it =)

I have never had problems with acne, redness, breaking out my whole life. I am 24 now and have also been using astringent and Cetaphil with non oily moisturizers. Recently, Cetaphil had changed their products style, having a pump for the cleanser. I bought it when my old one ran out. After about couple days, I broke out horribly. I thought maybe something was wrong with the Cetaphil so I returned it and got Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. This just dried me out =( So my friend recommended me to try Clinique. I got tested out for their acne line. Big mistake. It severely dried out my skin and made it worse. I went back and was then tested out for their 2 Step line. It was still bothering my face really badly so I returned it, and got big attitude I might add. I then looked to see if I'd changed anything in my lifestyle. I corrected all of it and even changed my shampoo and conditioners. Nothing made a difference. I also tried drinking WAY more water, to the point I felt sick and this didn't help. I cut out all the oily foods and nope, nothing. I even tried to exercise to 2 hours a day and that made it worse. Those were just some tips I got from others already.

Then, I stopped using any products, just washing with water. My face was much too oily and I broke out worse. I got some oil removing sheets to help with that but still, no difference. Then now, I got Cetaphil again and the matching moisturizer. (Since I decided to avoid that Salicylic acid and mineral oils) My face has not been feeling dry but I'm oily and red and sometimes feel inflamed. It is much worse when I wash my face or very much so when I apply moisturizer. This has been going on for maybe a month and a half so I'm very depressed and really want a solution to help my face ;-; I don't want to go out for the holidays and my friends just look at me like I'm so unclean or something. I think my face is also getting worse each day so I'm desperate.

Is a doctor necessary for me?

I don't have much money since it's the holidays and I wanted money for gifts, but I really think I might make a trip to a doctor. (I don't have insurance so that's why I've posted here to see if I can get any help or agreement a doctor is necessary) I will be SOOO thankful for any answers. I can't even begin to say how upset I am and feel so helpless.

(these are the best pics I could get. My skin isn't dry but has that redness, looks like scars, bumps on my upper cheeks and forehead and also chin, an inflamed feeling and can sometimes get itchy, and lots of whiteheads popping up on chin and cheeks)

post-88835-1227639195_thumb.jpg

post-88835-1227639205_thumb.jpg

post-88835-1227639215_thumb.jpg

post-88835-1227639195_thumb.jpg

post-88835-1227639205_thumb.jpg

post-88835-1227639215_thumb.jpg

Your skin should not be that red.

My advise. Stop products.

Soak skin in cold tap water for 2 minutes day and night.

Apply salt water to face let dry apply again let dry then rinse off.

Try supplements to aid skin.

Also urine therapy overnight will help your skin heal however that is a personal choice.

My skin is about five times worse than yours. Trust me, you're stressing over nothing. Stop using acne products for your skin, you barely have any acne. Just use a gentle face cleanser, morning and night. And if you exercise, a little wash should be good. Winter is here, so I'm assuming your face might be getting red and chapped from that. So an oil-free moisturizer would be good after cleansing the face in the morning. Also, if you're interested in the whole make-up ordeal then use OIL-FREE make-up. Try to stay away from CoverGirl and Revlon. Also if you get STUBBORN PIMPLES buy a salicylic acid spot treatment and do not pop it. Give it about a month to get back to normal. If something is really bothering you though call up a local Dermatologist.