Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kendaz

9 months out - the Final Success Story

I wanted to come back to the site after several months away to share encouragement. I came to this website as the Mother of my 15-year-old daughter. Last January thru March her acne "blossomed" from a moderate case on only her forehead to a moderate-to-severe case that spread down her entire face, chest and back. She had been on many different antibiotics, prescription topicals and had accutane recommended as a treatment for the cysts. In my many hours of research I came upon Acne.org and was compelled by the sincere success stories. I purchased Dan's BP only and used our own moisturizer and cleanser. My daughter had many, many setbacks and things got much worse before they got better. 9 months out, she is only left with some mild "pink" marks on he right cheek which are fading by the day with AHA treatment. She still has the occasional "zit" but these are very mild and clear up within a few days - typical teenage skin in my opinion - I do not expect perfection at 15 years of age.

In retrospect, we had tried BP looooong before Acne.org and dismissed it's efficacy because her skin became so irritated (10% of course). Most of the research I found used BP as the control and most of the results showed the topicals to be only minimally more effective (if at all) than BP. Which is what led me to be more open minded about Acne.org. My advice - stick with it. If she'd quit at 4 months or even 6 months (although things were looking better at these intervals, it was still not the improvement we expected), I'm convinced my daughter would still have severe acne. Good luck to each of you in your battle against acne and Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans on the site!

Thank you for stopping in and sharing your daughter's success story with us. These stories are always very inspirational.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too. :)