Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cibanet

Normal for Accutane?

Hi,

I'm currently into 3 and a half months of Accutane and while it did put a halt to whiteheads and regular pimples, I'm still getting alot of cysts(about 3 a month). Usually after a cyst clears, I am clear for about a week or two then another cyst pops up. I was just wondering when is it that usually the cysts come to a halt as well??

Thanks

It is different for everyone really. What is your dosage? How long is your course going to be? I stopped getting cysts pretty quickly into my course. I stopped getting the cysts but I started getting lots of tiny closed comedones. I was taking 60mgs a day for 6 months and really cleared after my course was done. The last day I took my pill I had some tiny pimples pop up due to my period starting. It could just be the initial breakout. Your skin is going to purge anything under the surface so this could just be your skins purging phase. If you feel uncomfortable about it, talk to your derm to see if he or she can prescribe something to help calm down the cysts.

I'm 5 days into my 4th month with mild/moderate and still am getting cysts, also about 3 a month.