Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
datrockwilder

Dan's Regimen

Okay so I was suffering from severe acne last year that seemed to come from nowhere, but I am now convinced that it came from irritation of my skin. My skin gets very dry(even when washing with water) and causes me to break out. I would then use products for acne that would dry my skin and though i would use moisturizer, it was hard on my skin and it just got worse. Finally after i had enough the doctor prescribed accutane and ive been off for almost 5 months and only have a small few zits at a time now. :) But accutane has left me with scars that I am wanting to use TCA cross on over winter break. But my question is that I don't use any products on my face besides moisturizer, and i have only around three or four small zits at a time(with blackheads on my nose) so should i get on Dan's Regimen to see if I cant stop my acne? or do you think it would just irritate my skin?

Since you said your skin gets dry even when washing with water than Dan's Regimen might not work for you.

Since the first few gruesome weeks would dry and flake your skin out. With dry skin like that it would easily be irritated.

You should just find a extra gentle cleanser along with a good non comedogenic facial lotion and use that until you are completely clear using your accutane.

Hi

I just wanted to let you know my experience. I have been on Dans regimen since January. My 16 year old son has been on it since May. I altered my diet some by cutting out alot of sugar. My son has not. My face has been clear for months!!! At least since March. My son is almost clear, as he has not altered his diet. We have never experienced any excessive drying, (have the Cetaphil in case). I do strongly believe that because the peroxide is 2.5% most people will not experience much drying. Do as Dan says and start out slowly and you should be OK.

I do hope it works for you.

well i found a light cleanser i think i am going to buy called cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. I was wondering if people would still recomend me to use acne.org moisturiser or another good moisturizer that doesn't make my skin look and feel greasy.