Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Many of these posts here have been saying roughly the same thing: how the BP gel has a nicer consistency, leaves no white residue, isn't as drying, etc. How about the results you guys have been having, eh? Is it clearing up faster as opposed to Neutrogena? How long have you been using it and how much improvement have you seen on your acne?

Also how come its not available in a higher BP concentration... I use quinoderm in the day time because the Benzomycin I use makes my face tollay white so I just use that at night time, but my quinoderm is 10% bp, and dans formula is onlt 2.5%.

I use it on my back aswell as my face, would it be worth changing to dans formula? I like the fact that it will be easily spreadable and wont smell, but im just worried about the low bp concentration....

"A 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream: Several studies show that a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide solution actually works better than the overdrying 10% solutions. So why are most of the benzoyl peroxide medications on the market in 10% strength? Because this is the legal limit for over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide and marketers know that people will always buy "maximum strength" if they can. However, in the case of benzoyl peroxide, maximum strength gels and creams are not as effective as their lower strength counterparts. As it turns out, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide is just as effective in killing acne bacteria as the higher concentrations. With 2.5% you get all the beneficial effects of benzoyl peroxide without the excess irritation that can make acne worse."

Taken from The Regimen page.

It doesn't seem to dry as much as the Neutrogena. And your skin doesn't look like a mask at all. It looks like there's nothing on it. So no white face, and no weird feeling. Before I used Dan's gel I had a few pimples on the temples. They are now gone after 2 days.

No weird feeling... none at all?

With the Neutrogena stuff if I were to smile after applying it i'd end up with a face full of flakes... even though i've been on the regimen for a good few months

The gel is working much better than the BP. I think a prime reason is that the gel allows me to put more on before I feel disgusting. With the BP, I could only use about one finger full before I felt gross, and as such I suppose it was a tradeoff and I occasionally broke out.

Now, I'm drinking lots of water and using the gel and my face looks great!

The gel makes me LOOK FORWARD to doing the regimen, as weird as it sounds.. so I end up doing the regimen more regularly (twice a day as opposed to once a day). I like that I'm supporting Dan's hard work and the gel is kind of fun to put on after over a year of Neutrogena BP.

I went swimming yesterday and nobody screamed.

- Chui

I have been using Dan's BP gel for 3 days now and I LOVE it! Three days ago my forehead was broken out with tiny little pin head sized bumps (not really red pimples, just flesh colored bumps). I had been putting Proactiv Repairing lotion and Clearsil Ultra on them trying to get rid of them with no results. Day three using the gel and they are ALL GONE....all of them...not a one. So I must say I am impressed with the way it works. I must agree with everyone else thought and say that it is by far the best feeling BP product I have ever used on my face. I am 30 and have used them all. I thought I liked Procativ the best until I tried Dan's. Proactiv kinda makes me feel like I have a film on my face...like its just sitting there. Dan's absorbes quickly and completely and I feel like I have nothing on my face at all after I put it on. Two thumbs up from me!

I just cleansed my face and applied the BP Gel. I can't believe I spent like 10 minutes looking in the mirror and being impressed at how clear and smooth my skin was. Now I just love doing the Regimen, LOL.

For those of you who don't get it yet: GO GET THE GEL biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif/

my face has been clear for several months now due to the regime but i got the gell in this morning because it's supposed to be easier to apply, no flake, etc. and it works great. im not even using lotion with it anymore.