Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scoobydoobydoo

ah, feck... what to do when you make a mistake and pop a papule?

so i've had this "papule" on my chin for almost a week and it just kept getting bigger and badder so i finally tried to pop it.

w/ out going into the gory details i can say the operation was semi-sucessful, but now i have a very tender, red inflamed bump that looks way worse :boohoo:

please, give me tips on how to make it less red, less 3d, less noticeable :pray:

so i've had this "papule" on my chin for almost a week and it just kept getting bigger and badder so i finally tried to pop it.

w/ out going into the gory details i can say the operation was semi-sucessful, but now i have a very tender, red inflamed bump that looks way worse :boohoo:

please, give me tips on how to make it less red, less 3d, less noticeable :pray:

If you actually did pop it completely, this should help you. Put regular Visine on a Q-tip and hold it on the spot for at least thirty seconds. This will help relieve (although not completely) the redness temporarily. Also, take one or two ibuprofen to reduce inflammation.

If you actually did pop it completely, this should help you. Put regular Visine on a Q-tip and hold it on the spot for at least thirty seconds. This will help relieve (although not completely) the redness temporarily. Also, take one or two ibuprofen to reduce inflammation.

thanks for the advice! i never knew visine could do that... unfortunately i dont have any; i'm going to take a few ibuprofens though hopefully that will help.

papule status : tiny, flat, healing

thanks for the advice guys! i have been taking two ibuprofens in the morning, icing it before i apply my make-up and putting on aloe vera straight from the plant at night.

this actually worked really well... when i posted this topic it was huge, red and inflamed and now it's not half as noticeable.