Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tarabear

Tarabears Regimen Log

End of week 8, starting week 9 tomorrow.

I'm pretty clear... I have about 5-8 hyperpigmentation areas on my cheeks. I feel like there are 2 pimples under the skin on my cheeks that are waiting to surface. I'm not going to mess with them and hope that the BP will just take care of them, even though that never happens.

I'm still flaking around my lower cheeks and chin. I've cut back on BP and I'm using jojoba oil and it's still not taking care of these. Is there anything else that has worked for anyone?!

I'll post pictures next week.

Lately, at night, I have been washing my face with alpha hydrox foaming face wash and then I use a lot of bp (like one finger full) and then a little bit later i put on some aha gel 10%. Then in the morning i use the face wash again, aha gel, wait for it to dry and then i use the olay regenerist deep hydrating lotion. My skin has been looking great, the marks are fading (from the aha, i think) and it has not been dry at all. Maybe you could try that?

Are you using Dan's AHA? Last time I used that it gave me tiny pimples...

No, right now I am using the alpha hydrox brand. Its called oil-free treatment and it's 10% but I ordered Dan's (much cheaper for the amount you get) and it should be here any day now. How long did you try it? It might just have been an initial breakout. I have found that AHA is so great for my skin. maybe you should try it again and a little longer this time?

I'm pretty clear... I have about 5-8 hyperpigmentation areas on my cheeks. I feel like there are 2 pimples under the skin on my cheeks that are waiting to surface. I'm not going to mess with them and hope that the BP will just take care of them, even though that never happens.

I'm still flaking around my lower cheeks and chin. I've cut back on BP and I'm using jojoba oil and it's still not taking care of these. Is there anything else that has worked for anyone?!

Lately, at night, I have been washing my face with alpha hydrox foaming face wash and then I use a lot of bp (like one finger full) and then a little bit later i put on some aha gel 10%. Then in the morning i use the face wash again, aha gel, wait for it to dry and then i use the olay regenerist deep hydrating lotion. My skin has been looking great, the marks are fading (from the aha, i think) and it has not been dry at all. Maybe you could try that?

No, right now I am using the alpha hydrox brand. Its called oil-free treatment and it's 10% but I ordered Dan's (much cheaper for the amount you get) and it should be here any day now. How long did you try it? It might just have been an initial breakout. I have found that AHA is so great for my skin. maybe you should try it again and a little longer this time?

Tarabear -

I got Dan's BP and AHA in the mail on Friday so I have been using it since then. BP (2 fingers) and AHA at night and then just AHA in the morning and so far so good. I noticed a few little whiteheads with the AHA but nothing major, they should be gone soon since they are not cysts or anything. I have been trying not to pick at my face at all and I noticed that has help my skin a lot. Maybe you should try the AHA again?

Tarabear -

I got Dan's BP and AHA in the mail on Friday so I have been using it since then. BP (2 fingers) and AHA at night and then just AHA in the morning and so far so good. I noticed a few little whiteheads with the AHA but nothing major, they should be gone soon since they are not cysts or anything. I have been trying not to pick at my face at all and I noticed that has help my skin a lot. Maybe you should try the AHA again?

I think I'm going to go get the Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion, it has 10% AHA and it's supposed to moisturize as well. I think Dan says that it's safe to use, especially since I've been on the regimen for 8 weeks (on 9 now). Mostly hyperpigmentation right now with a face of flakes at night and early morning. Hoping that new lotion I'm going to buy will help with it all.

Has anyone tried that before?

Oh, I use that lotion! And I really like it! It's just that it dries me out a little so I'm now going to use it only 2-3 times a week in place of my moisterizer. It's also lasting me a reallllyyyy long time, so thats definitely good. :dance:

Oh, I use that lotion! And I really like it! It's just that it dries me out a little so I'm now going to use it only 2-3 times a week in place of my moisterizer. It's also lasting me a reallllyyyy long time, so thats definitely good. :dance:

Does it help with flaking then if it causes you drying? That doesn't seem right? I was going to use it 2-3 times a week at night to see what happens. Did it break you out at all when you added it to your regimen?

Does it help with flaking then if it causes you drying? That doesn't seem right? I was going to use it 2-3 times a week at night to see what happens. Did it break you out at all when you added it to your regimen?

Yes, it helps with flaking. But my face is still dry, but barely any flakes really. It's kind of hard to explain... and no it didn't break me out.

GodisGood, thanks for reading! I appreciate support! Just for you... here are some pictures from this morning! These are taken right after step 1, nothing else on my face.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/tarafsu/Photo273.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/tarafsu/Photo274.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/tarafsu/Photo275.jpg

I have mostly hyperpigmentation... some blackheads... what do you think? I'm in week 6 of the regimen again.

I just started adding the jojoba oil and it seems to help, but it's also pulling clogged pores up and out...

HEY!

I think your skin looks great in those pictures!

I just started my regime more than two weeks ago. Could you give me some pointers to see if I am making some of those common mistakes for beginners?

first of all, my biggest problem is whiteheads around my forehead and hear my hairline. I have super oily skin, so I am not sure if I could use jojoba oil like you did and achieve the same result. Mostly, I am afraid it will clog my pores instead ... (I've read mixed results from jojoba oil)

Anyways, I am just curious...what kind of facial cleanser do you use? I am going nuts trying to find a mild cleanser that will give me a clean after wash feeling...I use a Baremineral rare mineral powder cleanser.. and secondly, which moisturizer do you use?

anyways, I was discouraged a few days ago because of drawbacks, but seeing your improvements just pumped my spirits up.

Hopee your progress is going well!

Sorry its taken so long to write back. I've been busy with school, work, and buying a house! go me! Anyways... I've been doing well. With the moving, I wasn't able to do my regimen twice a day and it's showing this week :( A couple pimples are coming up. Stinkers!

I use Alpha Hydrox Foaming Facial Cleanser (its $6.99 at Ulta)

I use Proactive's repairing lotion 2.5% (dan's makes my face really red, also, I get it off ebay for $11 or something like that)

I use CeraVe moisturizing lotion ($12.99 at any walmart, cvs, walgreens) I'm going to buy the cream this time though to see if it gets rid of my flakes for good.

Keep it up, it really is an up and down battle... just when I think I'm clear... bam! a new couple pop up. What I've noticed though is they seem to go away a bit faster though.

I also take zinc supplements daily. I take 50mg of chelated zinc in the morning and 30mg after dinner. It's helping the healing process and also keeps sickness away.

Feel free to ask me any more questions you may have!

GodisGood, thanks for reading! I appreciate support! Just for you... here are some pictures from this morning! These are taken right after step 1, nothing else on my face.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/tarafsu/Photo273.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/tarafsu/Photo274.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/tarafsu/Photo275.jpg

I have mostly hyperpigmentation... some blackheads... what do you think? I'm in week 6 of the regimen again.

I just started adding the jojoba oil and it seems to help, but it's also pulling clogged pores up and out...

HEY!

I think your skin looks great in those pictures!

I just started my regime more than two weeks ago. Could you give me some pointers to see if I am making some of those common mistakes for beginners?

first of all, my biggest problem is whiteheads around my forehead and hear my hairline. I have super oily skin, so I am not sure if I could use jojoba oil like you did and achieve the same result. Mostly, I am afraid it will clog my pores instead ... (I've read mixed results from jojoba oil)

Anyways, I am just curious...what kind of facial cleanser do you use? I am going nuts trying to find a mild cleanser that will give me a clean after wash feeling...I use a Baremineral rare mineral powder cleanser.. and secondly, which moisturizer do you use?

anyways, I was discouraged a few days ago because of drawbacks, but seeing your improvements just pumped my spirits up.

Hopee your progress is going well!

wow.. I actually read through your whole log and man did you have your up's and downs. I hope you decide to stick with DK regime this time around :naughty:

I did go through extreme dryness and redness when I started the regime and immediately went from applying DK treatment to twice daily to once daily and so far it is going great. I really have no redness on my face ever since than. So maybe if redness is your problem which I notice through your logs it is... you should start applying BP only once a day. The bonus also is your flakes will reduce dramatically. Good Luck!

Cerave lotion is awesome I agree :dance:

Edited by Irjamez

wow.. I actually read through your whole log and man did you have your up's and downs. I hope you decide to stick with DK regime this time around :naughty:

I did go through extreme dryness and redness when I started the regime and immediately went from applying DK treatment to twice daily to once daily and so far it is going great. I really have no redness on my face ever since than. So maybe if redness is your problem which I notice through your logs it is... you should start applying BP only once a day. The bonus also is your flakes will reduce dramatically. Good Luck!

:clap: agreed. :clap:

Unfortunately, when I go down to one application, pimples come through... :( Do you do your 1 application in the morning or night?

Unfortunately, when I go down to one application, pimples come through... :( Do you do your 1 application in the morning or night?

Well I know you aren't asking me, but I only do mine at night. If I do it during the day, it comes off due to rain/snow/sweating...So I personally would recommend doing it at night.

night is best... So in the morning I just apply moisturizer after washing of course and I'm out the door.

I've tried that on two separate occasions, the next days to follow that pimples pop up :( I suppose I'm a two application girl...

Hi there everyone... thought I'd give a status update. Still haven't been 100% clear, maybe 90% on some days. I always have 1 or 2 pimples. My face still has a tint of red... :(

I started on the DKR reg again Sept 1st, 09... so that makes this week/month week 16, month 2.5 months approx. I guess I thought it was longer :-/

I'm still flaking on my lower cheeks every single day. I use 6-8 drops of jojoba with my moisturizer morning and night and its not helping them go away. I think I'm going to get the CeraVe cream (its a big tub, supposed to be stronger) to see if using that at night helps the flakes go away. If anyone else has any suggestions about the flaking, please let me know.

I guess I'm on a good track to becoming clear... my cheek area is basically the only areas still breaking out. I change my pillow cases regularly too!

Current regimen and has been since I started...

Alpha Hydrox Foaming Cleanser

Proactive 2.5 BP lotion

CeraVe moisturizing lotion + jojoba oil

Is there a less drying cleanser that people like to use? I've tried the following and nothing changes... dan's cleanser, purpose gentle skin cleanser, cetaphil cleanser... all seem to be drying.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions or comments to help me along my journey to clear skin!

Update: 1/12/10

4 months have passed since I restarted DRK regimen. I am pretty clear. I have never been without any pimples though. They do come and go quicker I must say. I still have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. I've been using a little of Dan's AHA on them to see if it helps, but it's hard to tell when you see yourself everyday.

I am still super flaky as well. During the day I can keep the flakes down until about 5pm when I smile they flakes show up. I use Cerave hydrating lotion and 3-4 drops of jojoba oil morning and night.

It is possible that because of the cold weather it is worse, but I've never gotten rid of the flakes completely. Is there a good exfoliating safe technique I may not know about? I've tried the gentle circular motions of jojoba but that doesn't work on me.

I think overall, I'm looking much better than when I began. I'm going to keep it up. Hopefully by 6 months I will reach 99-100% clear.

Thanks for reading... if you have any other suggestions or advice, please let me know. I appreciate it all.

4 months have passed since I restarted DRK regimen. I am pretty clear. I have never been without any pimples though. They do come and go quicker I must say. I still have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. I've been using a little of Dan's AHA on them to see if it helps, but it's hard to tell when you see yourself everyday.

I am still super flaky as well. During the day I can keep the flakes down until about 5pm when I smile they flakes show up. I use Cerave hydrating lotion and 3-4 drops of jojoba oil morning and night.

It is possible that because of the cold weather it is worse, but I've never gotten rid of the flakes completely. Is there a good exfoliating safe technique I may not know about? I've tried the gentle circular motions of jojoba but that doesn't work on me.

I think overall, I'm looking much better than when I began. I'm going to keep it up. Hopefully by 6 months I will reach 99-100% clear.

Thanks for reading... if you have any other suggestions or advice, please let me know. I appreciate it all.

To combat the flakes/dryness, I would personally look into jojoba oil. It solved my problem and I've been a regimen user for a year and a few months now.

To combat the flakes/dryness, I would personally look into jojoba oil. It solved my problem and I've been a regimen user for a year and a few months now.

I do use jojoba oil, it's not working.

Hello!

I used to have the same problem. Then I started using more jojoba oil...about 6-8 drops during the day and 12 drops at night in my moisterizer. It's really helped me! You're probably thinking "doesn't she have such a shiny face then??"...lol. My face has always been soooo oily, and this hasn't really changed the oilyness of my face at all. Just thought I'd let ya know how I combatted my stupid flakes..

So maybe using more jojoba oil could possibly help you with flakes..?

Good Luck(:

Hey!

Can you post some pics so we can see how it is looking?? also have you ever thought about using coconut oil?? I have heard soooo many wonderful things about it. I am actually going to get some tonight. That might really help your face since you have already tried jojoba oil many times and it is not helping.

Hey!

Can you post some pics so we can see how it is looking?? also have you ever thought about using coconut oil?? I have heard soooo many wonderful things about it. I am actually going to get some tonight. That might really help your face since you have already tried jojoba oil many times and it is not helping.

I will post some tomorrow morning once I've used the cleanser. You won't be able to see the flakes, but you will see my current state and my hyperpigmentation. I'll make myself a note not to forget!

Edited by tarabear

Your face is looking realllly good!!! I would seriously consider trying coconut oil for the dryness!! I LOVE THAT STUFF! Just put a good amount on at night, since it doesn't matter and nobody will see you...you will definitely see a big difference in the morning. and then in the morning I put just enough for it to be like a moisturizer and then my makeup on top!!

ALRIGHT! Finally! I took pictures!!! Here are updated pictures of my face condition since starting the regimen on Sept 1st, 2009.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/tarafsu/12010.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/tarafsu/12010-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/tarafsu/12010-2.jpg

You can see some flakies and a little redness still.