Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So tonight all of my family was in town and i was sitting in a BRIGHTLY LIT room and my face was oily, I hadn't touched up my makeup for at least 4 hours, and i certainly wasn't clear, but my face recieved a compliment. It was from my grandma, who is extremely young - in her 50's - and has excellent skin if I might add. I was just sitting at the dinning table and she goes "Kaley, what are you using on your face? It's so clear and gorgeous." I didn't want to go over my whole entire regimin figuring I would sound like a dork and just said all I did was wash my face. I felt so good the entire night, realizing that even though I thought my face was close to a disaster today, other people really don't see my face as clearly as I do. :)

Just thought I'd share... even if no one responds back hah.

So tonight all of my family was in town and i was sitting in a BRIGHTLY LIT room and my face was oily, I hadn't touched up my makeup for at least 4 hours, and i certainly wasn't clear, but my face recieved a compliment. It was from my grandma, who is extremely young - in her 50's - and has excellent skin if I might add. I was just sitting at the dinning table and she goes "Kaley, what are you using on your face? It's so clear and gorgeous." I didn't want to go over my whole entire regimin figuring I would sound like a dork and just said all I did was wash my face. I felt so good the entire night, realizing that even though I thought my face was close to a disaster today, other people really don't see my face as clearly as I do. :)

I'm so happy for you! I know how it feels to receive a compliment especially when you're having a "bad face day". I got one a while back from my mom and I was not expecting it from her because I was kinda down about my face that day. I guess if we have acne we get too caught up with every little flaw we have that we cannot see how much improvement we've achieved =)

well i am sure you look gorgeous. =)

yeah i know its funny how one person's comment can affect you so much (hopefully its positive).. but yeah i know i love when people do that out of the blue..

Hey Kaley lol...i know how that feels lol definitely when it comes from i girl i really like .. i remember her saying "Oh wow Jairo, your face is so clear now"...it was like words from an angle haha :D

That's awesome Kaley, especially coming from someone who means a lot to you! I know exactly how you feel and it really does make you feel so good. One time I was out skating with my friends and all of a sudden my friend turned to me and was like dude, your face is looking so good..I was like OMG YESSSS!!!

Jairo, from an angle, eh? Lol. I'm sorry :redface:

People should realize how good a compliment feels to someone with low self-esteem. I know that my whole day feels better when someone I do or don't know compliments me.

Hey Kaley lol...i know how that feels lol definitely when it comes from i girl i really like .. i remember her saying "Oh wow Jairo, your face is so clear now"...it was like words from an angle haha :D

lol i know it was corny lol haha

It happens when you least expect it. Compliments should always be accepted graciously. Used to be a problem of mine, but I've become better at accepting those. OP responded well.

someone at work said I was beautiful today when I was looking in the bathroom mirror at my eye! I know she was just trying to make me feel better, which im not sure is good thing because it means she know that I dont feel good about the way I look, and my skin....it was nice but it made me almost start to cry which wasn't good because I was just about to start working!

I love how 1 comment can really change a person's day. I've had those experiences but I'm not sure if i've ever changed a person's day. Hope I have but I really can't recall going out of my way to do so; it always seemed awkward to me.

Well I don't think I've ever gotten a compliment after the 11th grade when I started drinking 2 liters of water everyday and my acne left. But then I got more a couple of weeks later : ( Oh, and my bff SWEARS my skin is getting better every time she sees me haha.

Most people here have nice skin or they're too self-indulged to notice changes in others. Or they simply don't care.