Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyways, Ive seen other pics on this site and most people have microscopic marks or none at all

this is different. I used to not have any acne on the sides of my cheeks, but about a year ago i started getting it there. Now it is absolutely everywhere with horrible, huge red marks- its getting to the point where i cant leave the house. Im also worried because its starting to scar.

I started back on Retin-a and using lactic acid solution. It just keeps getting worse and is redder than ever. I feel like i need to stop using anything, but im afraid of more scarring. Help?

maybe the combination is too harsh for you. retin a will thin the skin. maybe you would like to stop one first? retin a totally makes my skin very very red, and i have stopped using it alr.

yeah, i still have active acne on my cheeks. I stopped using retina for a few years, and just started on it again a few weeks ago because my skin is scarring. Ive stopped using the lactic acid for a few days because it was really irritating.

the derm told me he could put me on other anti-biotics but that has never helped before. He said i basically would have to wait, probably to the age my parents stopped having acne. Well, my mom never had acne, and my dad did only mildly and not at this age- ive had this forever, and it just keeps getting worse

Less is more. Using too much stuff on your face proved to be too harsh.

I have a very bad case of red marks. I just wash my face with a gentle soap and spot treat with BP. I also just started doing urine therapy. My friends said my face looks 10x better than it was 1 month ago.

i know how you feel! when i was 13 i first saw signs of acne appear on my untouched and then beautiful skin. i freaked out. apparently it was because i wore hairgel on my bangs. I stopped that and the pimples on my forehead went away... for awhile. then i was in the stage of puberty where my acne got bad. it resurfaced on my forehead and then my temples and nose. then i went to a dermatologist and then it got worse, then better. i was getting tired of it. then my sophomore yr, things were looking better. but when winter hit, the roller coaster started up again and acne went on to my cheecks near my nose...then it progressed onto the sides of my cheeks! like yours is. i freaked. now my whole face was ravaged. great. i was so completely frustrated with my acne. i was put on accutane. my face cleared up in 3 months!!! it was awesome, besides the side effects of dry EVERYTHING haha and my "anger" was worsened. my mom took me off cause she was getting scared. my accutane treatment was not complete and so my acne came back. i was so mad and frustrated. im sure you can relate. and now im 17, had acne for 4 years now and its all over my face!!! and its now on my chin and under my chin where i shaved. it has not gone away in 2 months after shaving once. and they are cysts. my acne isnt so bad as much as the scars are.

however, the scars that i had after accutane went away with TIME, THE SUN, and a topical gel called ZANIA. i recommend you give it time, no doubt. and try to get a good amount of sun, but dont fry your skin. you need to realize that its better if you do this process slowly. dont feel the impulse urge to get clear skin the next day. ive sort of learned to live with it, and im still doing everything i can to get rid of it. hope this helps.

"THE SUN"?

are you kidding me, you are just making the scars darker and last longer

these are red marks not active acne, sun will cause any improvement to instantly dissapear in seconds wasting all that time