Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
matt311

Retin A micro/duac topical gel/ plexion cleansing cloths log

I suffer from moderate acne, mostly due to football from all the rubbing with the helmet on my face, but I'm starting my new regimen today...

AM:

plexion cleansing cloths

duac topical gel

PM:

plexion cleansing cloths

retin a micro

I also use Liquid Neutrogena face wash before and neutrogena oil free moisturizer applying the products....Hoping to see some results

Let me know what you think

You are going to have to wait a little bit longer then two weeks to see results.

Retin-a Micro is known to take a couple months to kick in... and most people experience an Initial Breakout during the first month. I am currently going through my IB. The best advice I have received is to not give up. During your IB... it's going to be rough! Your skin will most likely get worse, but thats just because the RAM is pushing all of the stuff under your skin to the surface to be washed away.

The Duac should help with the inflammation/redness because it contains an antibiotic.

Make sure you only apply a pea size of the RAM at night.

Good Luck :)

I suffer from moderate acne, mostly due to football from all the rubbing with the helmet on my face, but I'm starting my new regimen today...

AM:

plexion cleansing cloths

duac topical gel

PM:

plexion cleansing cloths

retin a micro

I also use Liquid Neutrogena face wash before and neutrogena oil free moisturizer applying the products....Hoping to see some results

Let me know what you think

hey matt...wow, looks like your doc is being really, really aggressive in treating you! 3 topical meds, all started at the same time, if i understood your post correctly?

i have no experience with plexion or duac, but know that they are pretty common for mild to moderate acne, and the retin-a is also a common topical retinoid, which IMHO, is really whats going to be the power-house here. but it's going to take some time. i'm glad to see youre using some of the gentler cleansing products and a good moisturizer, because it sound like your skin is on for alot of irritation. sulfur/sulfectamide is a pretty strong drug, as is the duac. not being a doctor, though, i cannot say whether or not this is the best treatment for you. just make sure to only use a pea sized amount of the duac and retin-a, otherwise you risk the possibility of some pretty severe irritation. best of luck, and keep us posted on how your doing!

day 5:

so far have seen some very slight improvements, alot of redness and dry skin in the first 2 days, but it seems to be getting less and less red now each day. Today was the first day where i really noticed a few new breakouts since starting.

well its been about a week and a half or so and my skin is looking better. I can tell that it is starting to work, i have alot less active pimples than i did before. Also i noticed that some of my blackheads were starting to go away.

Update- Well its been about 2 1/2 weeks since starting and I am really seeing some great improvements, I am seeing less and less active pimples each day. My skin does feel a little tender and burns a little after applying the medications, but after applying some moisturizer, that seems to go away.

I also wanted to note that i am trying to refrain from skin picking these past 2 1/2 weeks as that has become a habit of mine. Not only picking but also just touching my face in general or resting my head on my hands i am hoping that this will also help keep my skin clear.