Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ally

My New Regimen

To cut a long story short I've not been on this site for a while because I've been, by and large pretty clear. Recently though, I've developed a few cysts, especially on my cheek, which has not happend for a long, long time.

This apocolyptic event has forced me to re-evaluate my regimen and my general lifestyle and diet.

I'd previously had moderate to severe cystic acne about four years ago, however I managed to clear myself by using BP and completely cutting out of my diet the usual suspects like dairy, carbs, caffenine, sugar and alcohol.

Since then my diet has gone completely downhill and my drink consumption is now dangerously learing towards that of a low level alcoholic.

However, despite this diet of nonsense I've managed to stay relatively clear, up until now...

So from last Saturday my new regimen is as such:

I'm completely cutting out: dairy, alcohol, caffeine, refined carbs, red meats and sugar in general.

I'm going to try and eat mostly fruit and veg, brown bread and rice, fish and soups etc. Basically food that is natural and un-refined.

Supplements wise, I'm taking two large Solgar multivitamins a day. I'm also adding Solgar Vitamin C powder to water. I'll be taking roughly 1000% of my recomended vit C intake a day to help with my pretty bad scarring. I'll also be taking a few table spoons of coconut oil a day to help cleanse my liver.

I'll mostly be drinking grape juice and sparkling water mixed with lemons, vitamin c and apple cider vinegar. This should help break up some of that shit in my liver, plus I heard some good stuff about both lemon juice and acv. I'll try and consume roughly two litres of this concoction a day.

As for my skin, I'll be moisturising through the day and at night I'll be applying coconut oil and occasionly using epsom salts to dry spots out. I'm unsure as to whether or not keep using my BP, any thoughts?

I'll also be throwing in some lactic acid peels to help with my scarring, but I sometimes suspect that they might be playing a part in some of my breakouts... who knows?

I'll be experimenting with enemas as well... right now I've just started using them, to some...interesting results. I'm going to be doing a coffee enema every night for the next two weeks (I've done two already) I might mix it up with a garlic enema or an ACV enema depending on how I feel. I'm hoping the enemas can help with my scars healing as well as my current acne situation.

Currently I've got two cysts on my left cheek and one whitehead on my lower right jawline. I know its hardly severe but I'm really interested to see if this regimen can help with my current prediciment.

Does anyone have any thoughts on my regimen? I'm going to try and be careful not to overload my skin with too much different stuff nor overload my liver with too many enemas or supplements, any room for improvements?

Anyway, I've attached two older pics from last summer when I was out in Spain, hence my sweaty self. This gives an indication of my scarring. I'll try and upload some more recent pics soon.

post-6495-1227128739_thumb.jpg

post-6495-1227128809_thumb.jpg

post-6495-1227128739_thumb.jpg

post-6495-1227128809_thumb.jpg

Ok heres tonights pics, dont actually look too bad tbh.

Maybe I'm being a bit of a drama queen :think::shifty::ninja:

post-6495-1227129786_thumb.jpg

post-6495-1227129786_thumb.jpg

I can't upload my other picture for some reason, I've got two cysts and a couple of red marks that side.

Just did a few ACV enemas there.

I think I made the mix a little too strong as I could only keep it down for a short amount of time.

I passed a lot of mucus which I guess is good.

No real change in my skin conditions.

I'm going to post to pictures once every few days to give everyone a better idea of my progress.

My diet is also holding up quite well too.

My typical day is a banana for breakfast, a soup for lunch and maybe some fish cakes for dinner.

I dont snack and just drink water/grape juice/ACV/lemons.

So far so good. The weekend is the big challenge though....

To cut a long story short I've not been on this site for a while because I've been, by and large pretty clear. Recently though, I've developed a few cysts, especially on my cheek, which has not happend for a long, long time.

This apocolyptic event has forced me to re-evaluate my regimen and my general lifestyle and diet.

I'd previously had moderate to severe cystic acne about four years ago, however I managed to clear myself by using BP and completely cutting out of my diet the usual suspects like dairy, carbs, caffenine, sugar and alcohol.

Since then my diet has gone completely downhill and my drink consumption is now dangerously learing towards that of a low level alcoholic.

However, despite this diet of nonsense I've managed to stay relatively clear, up until now...

So from last Saturday my new regimen is as such:

I'm completely cutting out: dairy, alcohol, caffeine, refined carbs, red meats and sugar in general.

I'm going to try and eat mostly fruit and veg, brown bread and rice, fish and soups etc. Basically food that is natural and un-refined.

Supplements wise, I'm taking two large Solgar multivitamins a day. I'm also adding Solgar Vitamin C powder to water. I'll be taking roughly 1000% of my recomended vit C intake a day to help with my pretty bad scarring. I'll also be taking a few table spoons of coconut oil a day to help cleanse my liver.

I'll mostly be drinking grape juice and sparkling water mixed with lemons, vitamin c and apple cider vinegar. This should help break up some of that shit in my liver, plus I heard some good stuff about both lemon juice and acv. I'll try and consume roughly two litres of this concoction a day.

As for my skin, I'll be moisturising through the day and at night I'll be applying coconut oil and occasionly using epsom salts to dry spots out. I'm unsure as to whether or not keep using my BP, any thoughts?

I'll also be throwing in some lactic acid peels to help with my scarring, but I sometimes suspect that they might be playing a part in some of my breakouts... who knows?

I'll be experimenting with enemas as well... right now I've just started using them, to some...interesting results. I'm going to be doing a coffee enema every night for the next two weeks (I've done two already) I might mix it up with a garlic enema or an ACV enema depending on how I feel. I'm hoping the enemas can help with my scars healing as well as my current acne situation.

Currently I've got two cysts on my left cheek and one whitehead on my lower right jawline. I know its hardly severe but I'm really interested to see if this regimen can help with my current prediciment.

Does anyone have any thoughts on my regimen? I'm going to try and be careful not to overload my skin with too much different stuff nor overload my liver with too many enemas or supplements, any room for improvements?

Anyway, I've attached two older pics from last summer when I was out in Spain, hence my sweaty self. This gives an indication of my scarring. I'll try and upload some more recent pics soon.

ally, im interested to see your progress. i have similar scarring to you not any on the forehead temple but a lil worse on the cheeks and have a few more red marks than you. ive been taking a lot of vitamin c as well with flax and fish oil. just added zinc msm and vit.a. i feel like taking the vit c. has helped slightly with the scarring ive been taking 2-3 grams a day for a almost a month now. anyway yea im pretty interested to see how you feel like the enemas impact everything. good luck

My diet hasnt really heald up today, been drinking and eating nonsense.

Gonna eat healthy over the weekend though...

my four small cysts are beginning to heal, they dont hurt when you touch them anymore.

Formed two small red spots over night which is a bit of a bummer.

I've just been eating dead light today, a banana and loads of grape juice and water plus a big multivit in the morn and at night.

So far so good.

My weak spot is topicals.

I use a whole bunch of different stuff.

ACV/Epsoms/BP/Moisturisers

I need something a bit more structured and consistent.

This is my thought....

Wash in the morn and night with cold water only.

Moisturise after shaving each morning.

At night use ACV and BP.

Reasonable?

My diet is holding up pretty well right now. Mostly eating fruit, smoked salmon, salads, chicken and soups.

All washed down with grape juice, lemon water and apple juice.

Despite the diet, or maybe because? I've not been feeling any less energised than usual, infact I've not noticed anything unusual at all.

I've been continuing to do my coffee enemas every night, although I missed last Friday. They're gradually beggining to get easier with each. I can hold them in a lot longer than before and I'm starting to pass more with each one. In the last day or two I've had a bit of a mild cold with a sore throat. I dont normally get this sort of shit so I'm assuming its something to do with the enemas? anyoneelse experienced something similar?

I'm starting to go in quite heavy on the supplements as I read more and more on the net.

Currnetly I'm taking each day:

3.3g cod liver oil

8mg garlic extract

60mg zinc

4 apple cider vinegar tablets

2 large solgar multivits each containing numerous quantities of vitamins/minerals etc

I'm also taking two tablespoons of EV coconut oil each day as a natural source of energy.

I've ordered some more supplements from H&B, I'm taking the above only until these arrvive.

I've also ordered some resveratrol as I've heard plenty of good stuff about it.

So once I get all my stuff delivered and I settle into a routine I'll post a definitive regime of diet/topical/supplemts.

Until then I'm really just reading stuff and finding out for myself what I like.

I'll post more pics at the end of the week.

I've lost track of what day I'm on, but its going ok so far.

My old spots are just like slightly raised red marks. No big active ones for a while, just 1-2 tiny spots, which is good.

I've also been experimenting with my diet. I've recently been food combining, so on a basic level I've not been mixing carbs and protein, i.e avoiding a ham sandwich. Plus I've not been drinking for an hour before or after I've eaten.

Anyway, for the first time in two weeks, I ate a brown baguette with some prawns and almost straight away, after my first mouthfull, I had this intense pain in my stomach, which, from what I've been reading is my stomach acids, trying to break down the carbs.... so I'm back mono eating....

Just did a few ACV enemas there.

I think I made the mix a little too strong as I could only keep it down for a short amount of time.

I passed a lot of mucus which I guess is good.

No real change in my skin conditions.

I'm going to post to pictures once every few days to give everyone a better idea of my progress.

My diet is also holding up quite well too.

My typical day is a banana for breakfast, a soup for lunch and maybe some fish cakes for dinner.

I dont snack and just drink water/grape juice/ACV/lemons.

So far so good. The weekend is the big challenge though....

I think you should eliminate grape juice from your diet, eat a more substantial breakfast that includes hormone-free meats or a wider variety of veggies and fruits, and avoid breads...anything that has ingredients in it is processed, to an extent.

I've lost track of what day I'm on, but its going ok so far.

My old spots are just like slightly raised red marks. No big active ones for a while, just 1-2 tiny spots, which is good.

I've also been experimenting with my diet. I've recently been food combining, so on a basic level I've not been mixing carbs and protein, i.e avoiding a ham sandwich. Plus I've not been drinking for an hour before or after I've eaten.

Anyway, for the first time in two weeks, I ate a brown baguette with some prawns and almost straight away, after my first mouthfull, I had this intense pain in my stomach, which, from what I've been reading is my stomach acids, trying to break down the carbs.... so I'm back mono eating....

Also--if you had an intense pain in your stomach after eating bread, you are probably allergic to gluten. That would be a huge reason for why you have acne. You should take gluten out of your diet and see if your acne improves...I bet it will!

Why get rid of the grape juice?

Also, I never get pains after eating eating bread. My point was that I was getting pains after bread AND prawns together after mono eating for two weeks.

I'm trying to cut out carbs completely anyway.

Well, I've been sticking to my supplements and diet pretty religiously for the last couple of weeks now and I'm starting to reap the benefits. (I do occasionaly have a night off and have a few beers with a pizza.)

I've not broken out at all since last Sunday. So I've been clear for a week now, still plenty of red marks though!

Anyway I'm going to decrease the amount I post on here, so I'll update everyone at the weekend only.