Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so i guess since i was like 13 i've always had a pimple or two but it was never anything i couldn't cover with makeup. but about 2 months ago i broke my arm and became totally inactive and ate all the time and all of a sudden i start getting this uncontrollable acne. i start picking the acne and BAM!! its like scars and cysts and big painful zits everywhere!!! I'm so miserable. i hate going to sleepovers and i hate how no one understands!!! My two best friends both have gorgeous skin and even though they don't say anything i know they think the acne is totally weird. i remember one of them saying "I just don't get why people get acne, i mean its not that hard, just wash your face!!" i felt like crying after she said that!! she wasn't talking about me, but still she always just looks at my pimples. and then just last week i about lost it. in photography class we had to take pictures of our partners and one of my best friends took a picture of me and it was really close up, needless to say pretty much all of my makeup had worn off and my face looked horrible! So my friend (not the one i talked about earlier) said she'd retouch it after she saw the horrified look on my face. so i watched her go over all my pimples and acne covering it up with some magic little button. after she finished my face looked really pretty and i just felt like crying because only two months ago my skin pretty much looked like that. I really dont know what the point of writing this is, maybe i'm just hoping someone will say something kind of encouraging or share another experiences they had that just makes them sad? Please i need something!!!

Hey girl,

I totally understand you. I'm 23 and always had great, clear skin with the occasional pimple every month or two with a period. But 2 months ago I developed a thyriod problem and all of a sudden i gained weight and had more pimples on my face than normal. I had two really big painful pimples on my forehead and white heads all on my chin. I've never had spots on my chin!

I went to my doctor and he did a blood test and told me that my thyroid levels were raised. He switched my birth control pill to Yasmin and said to exercise more and eat very healthily. So I did that and very slowly my skin is getting back to normal. I take extra extra good care of my skin now and try to exercise everyday to get my levels down. I only have one pimple on my face now bc my period is coming up soon, but I have red marks on my forehead and chin from old pimples. It makes me feel so self conscious about my face bc it looks like i have spots but they're just red marks. I've been putting Bio Oil on them everyday and they're slowing healing.

This whole ordeal really knocked my confidence down a lot. I was always known for having "perfect" skin. I was envied by my friends. Now, I dont want them to see me. I want my old skin back but it's gunna take some time I think. It's so frustrating to me! If I go out I absolutely need to put concealor on the red marks bc I think people are looking at me judging my skin all the time. I dont know why my thyroid got messed up but, it totally messed up my confidence. I have this fear of being ugly now. I see having red marks as ugly. I can't help it, even though I know i'm a pretty girl, i dont think i'm as pretty as i was before. Hopefully it'll all heal and I'll have the skin I once had before.

So don't worry. Just take it day by day.

Make sure you exfoliate gently 2-3 times a week. Moisturize with an oil free anti-bacterial moisturizer, and try the bio oil for scars. Only rub a tiny amount into the scar everyday.

Dont wash the face more than twice a day, and exercise cause it helps circulation and you sweat out toxins in the body which is good.

I hope everything gets better for you=) Just msg me if you wanna chat about it

God Bless

xxx

STOP PICKING YOUR ACNE.

A few weeks of acne is better than a lifetime of scars! The current treatments for bad acne scarring are moderately effective at best.

Keep your head on your shoulders, stop freaking out. Your job is to do the best you can to minimize your acne and prevent scarring. See a dermatologist of you can.

Diet doesn't cause acne. People with acne aren't dirty. Most dermatologists have told me only to wash my face twice a day. Use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil, don't rub to hard, and then gently pat your face dry. If you can't get a prescription for acne medication, look in the other forums for a good over the counter topical.

You will still get scars even if you do not pick, because your follicles are ruptured in severe Acne - Ruptured: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rupture --> too much pressure building underneath your skin.

I never (seriously, never, because of the supposed scarring) picked any of my Acne, and I have vicious scarring.

Rubbing your face or touching things will slow the healing down and might cause more inflammation, and more Acne. If you have white skin, sun damage can make acne worse. Sun damage may even cause some people's Acne because it can cause so much inflammation, I think my Acne was / is caused by sun damage / chemical irritation inflammation.

Washing your skin does not greatly affect Acne, the Acne is way deep in your skin, I have found personally. Your friends that said washing your face prevents Acne might have an Acne problem themselves in the future if they think that it is that simple. They might find themselves in your shoes..., they would regret saying washing your face fixes / prevents Acne.

You will still get scars even if you do not pick, because your follicles are ruptured in severe Acne - Ruptured: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rupture --> too much pressure building underneath your skin.

I never (seriously, never, because of the supposed scarring) picked any of my Acne, and I have vicious scarring.

Rubbing your face or touching things will slow the healing down and might cause more inflammation, and more Acne. If you have white skin, sun damage can make acne worse. Sun damage may even cause some people's Acne because it can cause so much inflammation, I think my Acne was / is caused by sun damage / chemical irritation inflammation.

Washing your skin does not greatly affect Acne, the Acne is way deep in your skin, I have found personally. Your friends that said washing your face prevents Acne might have an Acne problem themselves in the future if they think that it is that simple. They might find themselves in your shoes..., they would regret saying washing your face fixes / prevents Acne.

Yeah you're right about the scars because some pimples I get leave a mark even tho I dont touch it and then some pimples I get go away within 2 days and I dont touch them either. I dont understand how some can heal loads faster than others..

I think it depends how deep the problem is, and how big the problem is as well. I think it also depends on how many "problems" (Acne / pimples) have been in the region before as well. If you keep getting them in the same places, they will probably last longer and do more damage and leave more scarring.

If the pimple is small, and the inflammation is not large, and the region has not had many pimples before, it will heal without scarring better, provided your body has the right nutrients and the right environment to give you good healing.

You can look into the science of scarring, if you want.