Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've have constant red marks on my face for about 2 years now. I did 6 Glycolic Peels and it didn't help that much. Well I guess it's more constant red marks/bad skin tone. The left side of my face has a ton of red marks that just don't seem to fade. the right side of my face has a couple of red marks. Both sides of my face and nose are kind of a reddish tint. It wouldn't look so bad bad if my whole face and neck were tinted like that, but the redness starts on both sides of my face, goes to my cheeks and up to my nose. I kind of look like I have raccoon eyes, like under my eyes, my temple, forehead, and neck look normal. As I said, I've had this going on for 2 years. I still have acne outbreaks, but it's not as bad recently. I've used Retin-a, BP, SA, Tea Tree Oil, and Glycolic Cream, but none of them were effective. Right now I wash my face with an extra gentle cleanser, then apply Aloe Vera Gel to my face in the morning, then at night I wash my face with the same cleanser and apply Tazorac to my face. The thing I find odd about this whole thing is that I do not apply anything to my forehead or neck. Ever. I don't even use any kind of cleanser on my forehead or neck and I never have any outbreaks there or anything.

My skin is pretty sensitive because of the Tazorac and I just don't know what to do. I've had this condition for 2 years and it's starting to eat away at me. I checked a few topics here about having red marks and checked the pictures they put up, I would kill there "horrible" skin. I haven't seen anyone who's skin looks worse than mine.

:wall:

trust me in day light my forehead is disgusting. maybe not in school.. I don't have acne.. but my red marks and brown marks are EVERYWHERE in day light or bright liught, my forehead is disgusting. I grew out bangs and now I look emo because of the red marks. So many I can't count them because there are just too many. All different tones, I've tried aloe vera gel (didnt help), Apple cider vinegar (didnt help), now i'm using this concha nacar cream that doesnt do much. I'm as lost as you, I recommend just not using anything, mine is probably way worse then yours.. I'll post a pic as soon as I get the courage to. and really Glycolic Peels didnt help? I was about to try that, maybe not.. now

At home under normal light my skin doesn't look that bad, but at school with all the fluorescent light bulb, my skin looks horrendous. I read about The Tape Method and how getting rid of all the dead skin will help your mark heal faster. So I started shaving with a razor blade and gel (instead of electronic) so we'll see if that helps. If not I'll try the ACV and baking Soad/Egg White Protein Mask treatment.

Yeah, my Derm said that I would be happy with the results after 3-4 peels, so I set up appointments for 6 peels and it didn't do much. My skin was smoother after each peel, but the red marks and uneven red splotchy skin tones didn't really get affected. Now that I think about it, I thought that the Tazorac was causing the uneven red skin tone because it supposedly thins out your skin, but I had to stop Tazorac for a couple of months to do the peels.

Luckily my school's lights are great so I look clear. When I walk to my bus is when all hell breaks out, and my forehead is nasty. Honestly I've never seen someone put a before and after picture of red marks. I wonder if there is really a cure or a simple fade slightly. I'm going to try Reviva Labs, Light Skin Peel I heard it was good. We'll see how that goes, I'll take a before picture and use it for a month and take an after. Nobody has before and after threads... I wonder if anyone has even signnificant improvement. I'm hopeless.. it sucks so many red marks.....I hate them.... everyone in my school is clear.. I can't even talk to pretty girls anymore

I might just be some kind of freak, but dabbing extra virgin olive oil on my pink marks seemed to make them fade really fast. I use it all the time now, and my pink marks don't last anywhere near as long as they used to.

Go for it! I'm actually really curious as to whether it'll work for other people or if I just got lucky. (Just to be clear, I don't load it on. I just dab a little on any marks--not on active acne--then gently tap it into my skin with my fingers. And I do it anywhere from two to four times a day.)

thanks your awesome! have you ever tried aloe vera gel? i read that works too

Okay, so I was thinking about it last night, and I realized I actually didn't give you the whole story as to how I've been using the olive oil.

I've just been dabbing it on, like I said, for a while now. But I forgot that, in the beginning, I'd added some to my moisturizer because it wasn't moisturizing as well as I'd have liked. So, really, that's how I started using the olive oil on my face. It worked really well, since I was applying it over my entire face every day. And since it wasn't straight up olive oil, it didn't feel as oily. So that's when my pink marks started fading quickly. Plus, it made the skin on my face look a lot healthier and more glow-y.

Then I ran out of my moisturizer-olive oil mixture, so I bought a different type of moisturizer that moisturizes much better, so I don't need to mix olive oil with it. So that's why I just spot treat now. ; )