Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kxtreme83

Started Claravis 11-17-2008 7pm 40mg

Started Claravis, and took my first dose at 7pm on Monday. I went to bed around 10pm, but woke up around 12am with a headache. I took 3 excedrin, and I still feel a bit nautious. So here I am at 3am starting this post because the headache will not go away and I cannot sleep because of it. The plan was to take 40mg pills for 5 months, we'll see how this goes.

By the way, is there any significant difference between a brand name and a generic? I do not know if it is a mental thing but, I noticed a difference with vicodin in the same dose. The brand name version seemed to be of higher quality. The generic made me feel nautious, while the brand name gave a very clean calm feeling.

i am on claravis too because my pharmacy didnt have the name brand accutane. my derm said there is only a SLIGHT difference in the generics but should both give good results. i know they say generics are the same... but they arent 100%. i accidentally got the generic version on my birth control pills one time and noticed a huge difference in side effects. but if you arent happy with claravis... just get the name brand next time. but with accutane, i think you are going to have side effects no matter what.

brand name just costs too much. i think brand name at walgreens is like 770 dollars for 30 40mg pills. my insurance is only covering 100 dollars for the brand name. its pretty ridiculous.

well i dont have anything to compare claravis to, so i dont know if the name brand would be better or not. my derm said he has seem good results with both. i have had a pretty bad initial break out that has lasted 2 months and counting. but its different for everyone. i think mine is so severe because i started on a high dosage. i dont think it has anything to do with taking the generic