Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucky girl

Profractional Laser and Fraxel Laser??

I just had Fraxel Laser done yesterday for acne and chicken pox scars. I was wondering after reeading a few posts here, what the difference between the two are? Also, does anyone know if the profractional laser is available in Australia?

I just had Fraxel Laser done yesterday for acne and chicken pox scars. I was wondering after reeading a few posts here, what the difference between the two are? Also, does anyone know if the profractional laser is available in Australia?

Hi again. I'm not sure of the scientific difference. I do know that the Profractional goes deeper. Lots of similarities, however, with the Profractional your skin does bleed for close to 12 hours, and healing time is slightly longer (a couple of days). With my experience, the Profractional was more painful, but this may have just been my situation. I found my skin flaked much more, and I never really had the bronzing. I've had two Profractionals and they have shown incredible results with me.

A bonus for me was that in Canada the Profractional is about half the price of a Fraxel!

However, everyone reacts differently and many people swear by Fraxel. For me it's the Profractional by Sciton.

Again, good luck! I really hope you see a lot of improvement.

I think that it can be used on darker skin however one of the possible side effects is that it can cause like a brown masking type thing (not sure if that's exactly how the derm dexcribed it but that's what I understood) happening to you skin. Another possible side effect is that it can cause break outs which is what has happened to me. I just got pu ton Bactrim to calm things down and the derm said that I should take it a month before the net treament too to stop this from happening next time. What was the reason you were told before for not doing it on darkeer skin???

Im in Canada as well, Vancouver to be exact and im having a hard time finding a clinic that uses profractional technology. Do you know of any in BC?

No I don't. I just checked with Sciton to see who in Alberta had the machines.

Hi, I recently joined this site. I have suffered with cystic acne from age 12 and now am almost 30. I have tried many dermatologists, however I now have the pigmentation and scarring to go with it. I have had TCA peels for a year (waste of money and time). Nothing seems to have worked. Whilst I may not know the answer to your question, I am searching for advice on the fraxel laser. I am darker skinnned (indian) and heard of this new laser the Fraxel laser. Do you know it can be used on darker skin like indian skin. I once went to a dermatologist and she said that it can't and then some dermatologists say it can be used on darker skin. I would like to know what the truth is.

What I understand is that, yes it can be done on darker skin. I've heard that the technician should be well-trained though in treating the darker skin. I also read somewhere that up until a few years ago, it was not recommended for darker skin.

When you are researching, check to see if anyone has a Fraxel Re:pair. This is a C02 laser, but fractional, which are much safer than the C02.

Check out the Sciton Profractioal (I know this is confusing, but think of the Fraxel as the kleenex of tissue paper). Many people refer to having a Fraxel treatment, when in actuality they had a fractional treatment from some other type of laser brand.

I've had four fraxels (deep) for my acne scarring. Not much improvement and it is very expensive. I now have had two Sciton Profractionls, and have had much better results...and the price is less than half of what a Fraxel treatment is.

I plan on having one more Sciton Profractional done, and if it isn't improved to what I feel comfortable with, I will go for the Fraxel Re:Pair, which costs about $3000 a treatment, and with acne scarring you may need two of these. Healing timeis longer, between 2-4 weeks. I've heard some people say that after two months they are still timid about going out in public.

Good Luck. Keep us posted on what you are going to do.

Im in Canada as well, Vancouver to be exact and im having a hard time finding a clinic that uses profractional technology. Do you know of any in BC?

I live in Vancouver, and I have an appointment booked for profractional at beauti-med in port coquitlam.

Hi again. I'm not sure of the scientific difference. I do know that the Profractional goes deeper. Lots of similarities, however, with the Profractional your skin does bleed for close to 12 hours, and healing time is slightly longer (a couple of days). With my experience, the Profractional was more painful, but this may have just been my situation. I found my skin flaked much more, and I never really had the bronzing. I've had two Profractionals and they have shown incredible results with me.

A bonus for me was that in Canada the Profractional is about half the price of a Fraxel!

However, everyone reacts differently and many people swear by Fraxel. For me it's the Profractional by Sciton.

Again, good luck! I really hope you see a lot of improvement.

I don't know where you are getting treated, but where I am going, the porfractional is more expensive. It is $2000 for 3 fractional treatments, and $2400. for 3 profractional treatments. Also, I have never before read or heard of bleeding for 12 hours. Bleeding should be minimal. Maybe your was a rare case. For those of you who want to try your hand at reading Doctors' posts on fractional laser treatments, try: www.medspa.squarespace.com/display/ShowPost?moduleId=657067&postId=167012

I found this a little technical at times, but informative.

I don't know where you are getting treated, but where I am going, the porfractional is more expensive. It is $2000 for 3 fractional treatments, and $2400. for 3 profractional treatments. Also, I have never before read or heard of bleeding for 12 hours. Bleeding should be minimal. Maybe your was a rare case. For those of you who want to try your hand at reading Doctors' posts on fractional laser treatments, try: www.medspa.squarespace.com/display/ShowPost?moduleId=657067&postId=167012

I found this a little technical at times, but informative.

I live in Vancouver, and I have an appointment booked for profractional at beauti-med in port coquitlam.

wow that is expensive. Well i ended up doing some research and found a clinic in north vancouver called afterglow, they charge $600 per treatment and the consultation is free

wow that is expensive. Well i ended up doing some research and found a clinic in north vancouver called afterglow, they charge $600 per treatment and the consultation is free

I just called Afterglow to enquire about the price of $600. Turns out, Full face is $900. per treatment. I'm getting full face. You must be getting a smaller area treated.

Hi there everybody, I'm new here and this is my first post. I had profractional done yesterday and here in Palm Beach County Florida the treatments are $780 a pop. What can I say, it hurt like heck but as soon as it was done, no pain at all, nothing. All day yesterday my face bleed. Don't get me wrong here as the blood doesn't pore out it just pools on the skin. I think I kinda looked like one of those living zombies.....yikes! About four to five hours after the procedure I washed with Medica cleanser and like magic each time I wash my face it is getting clearer and clearer. No bleeding today at all. Did I mention it hurt? I wasn't prepared for the pain but next time I'll be ready. I can see some results already and having bad skin nearly 30 years of my life makes it so worth it. :dance:

Hi angel. Did you get the Profractional for acne scarring? I'm glad to hear you bleed too, because one of the commenters to this post said that is not suppose to happen. But it did to me. The pain on my first Profractional wasn't bad at all! But my second one... different story. Yup, there were times I wanted to jump out of the chair. But the healing proces was fine. I didn't really need to ice or anything afterwards.

So how are you healing. Please let us know.