Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok, so i showed the tca cross to my derm and i was really excited when she told me she would try it. but then she told me that she's gonna use glycolic instead because it's imported and she doesnt have any imported tca as of the moment. i want to tell her to get one at ebay or somehting. anyway she told me that the acids are the same.

well from what i know, glycolic cant neutralize itself like tca can... i brought this up and she said no no no of course it can

so im confused.. should i give this glcolic cross a go or not?

please help. any input would be greatly appreciated

NO! Your derm is an idiot and don't let her use glycolic for cross. It works differently and you may burn your face using glycolic. Read about it.

NO! Your derm is an idiot and don't let her use glycolic for cross. It works differently and you may burn your face using glycolic. Read about it.

Imbue is correct. I have had the TCA Cross done. Glycolic is not the same as TCA. My suggestion for you is to seek another doctor to perform the Cross therapy. If this Doctor told you what you said then he/she is not someone you want to perform any kind of procedure on your face. There are more doctors out there everyday now who are familiar with TCA Cross. Good luck and see another Doc.

James

it mentions something about doing saline injections only with 70% glycolic acid. true it's not TCA cross with glycolic, but if ppl can be injected with 70% glycolic acid then i think they could be CROSSed with glycolic acid as well.