Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm on week 4 of the regimen.

it was going good, and my skin was clearing, despite the red marks being VERY red.

Now its week 4 and I get a breakout and 2 of them are big red spots.. :(

I've done nothing differently appart from I added some AHA inplace of a moisturizer at night and a spot treatment. But I think the spots were already under the skin and maybe the AHA brought them out?

I'm confused. I thought I was clearing........

The regimen isn't a miracle cure for acne, I think you should lower your expectations a little, because everyone with or without acne gets the odd nasty big red spot - especially in younger years, hormones are all over the place.

And remember, while the use of BP on skin does help stop acne developing, it is not 100% effective on everyone and it doesn't fight the root causes of acne. (What are the causes? Well that's probably a very long winded discussion going on in another thread right now..)

Hopefully a good expectation for you to have is to see a reduction in the amount of problems you get, and areas you previously had a bad time with improving over a period of time.

Four weeks really isn't very long at all, and in some cases, the regimen alone isn't enough to prevent a stronger case of acne causing problems. Definitely visit your doctor and tell him what you've been using, how long you've had problems, he might prescribe you with some antibiotics if he thinks it's worthwhile.

Don't lose heart, just take things slow and try to be patient - I wish you all the best with the results.

ntrino

KEEP DOING IT!

I was just like you. I gradually saw improvement on the regimen and then "Boom!" I had a few breakouts, some which were bad. I was extremely frustrated and almost quit, even after 2 and a half months.

I would strongly recommend that you keep going. Once I hit the 3 month mark, my face was totally clear and I haven't had a pimple for the last several months. For some people the regimen works almost immediately, for me it didnt' work completely until I was on it for 3-4 months (which is the case with many other people too). If I were you I would give it a full 4 months. That sounds like a long time, but if it works for you like it did for me it will be well worth it.

KEEP DOING IT!

I was just like you. I gradually saw improvement on the regimen and then "Boom!" I had a few breakouts, some which were bad. I was extremely frustrated and almost quit, even after 2 and a half months.

I would strongly recommend that you keep going. Once I hit the 3 month mark, my face was totally clear and I haven't had a pimple for the last several months. For some people the regimen works almost immediately, for me it didnt' work completely until I was on it for 3-4 months (which is the case with many other people too). If I were you I would give it a full 4 months. That sounds like a long time, but if it works for you like it did for me it will be well worth it.

+1

This is actually very good, advice. Take it. I'm learning this now. Sou may still get the occasional breakout once youre clear too, but its ALOT better than it would've been, believe that. I Just recently tried to quit the regimen and go cold turkey because it was failing me.. let me tell you, BAD IDEA... people told me i would have the worst breakout of my life, and they werent lying! Its been about 2mths since i got back onto the regimen and my breakout is just starting to slow down. its a bit of a tough road at first, but keep at it and follow the steps to the letter as posted by Dan. Do not change anything, and you will see improvement. Redspots will fade over time.

Good luck.

Hi,

I'm just over 4 weeks on the regimen as well, and I just had the SAME problem...my skin was looking great and clearing up towards then end of week 3. Then starting Wed of last week, I woke up to 3 pimples, then 2 more on Thursday, arghhh. I'm attributing it to a small purge, since I don't think I'm doing anything wrong :think: They are clearing up relatively quickly though, and I'm trying hard not to think about it, or pick at them.

I'm planning to hang in there and keep going....you should do the same! We'll get through this together :dance:

hey there

me too ! had the same problem, been on this for 4 weeks now so added the aha in to replace my moisteriser an bam, 3 big spots the next day!! i read up on the AHA it cleanses your skin and replaces skin cells so for first time use it may cause a break out, my spots didn stay long only 2 days! keep with it........x