Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Proactive a product that really works or is it just another one of those scam infomercials?

is an oxygen concentrator, I was told to put oxygen on my face and it would help my complexion

I don't know what you're talking about in regards to oxegenating your skin, but I have tried Proactive and it didn't work for me. It left a weird film on my skin, and in my opinion, benzoyl peroxide (bp) is not a great chemical to be putting on your face. It bleaches clothes and hair, so what's to say it won't bleach your skin? That seems to have been my experience =/

I don't know what you're talking about in regards to oxegenating your skin, but I have tried Proactive and it didn't work for me. It left a weird film on my skin, and in my opinion, benzoyl peroxide (bp) is not a great chemical to be putting on your face. It bleaches clothes and hair, so what's to say it won't bleach your skin? That seems to have been my experience =/

Well, skin and clothing are 2 completely different things first of all. But if the BP treatment made your skin paler (usually its the exact opposite =\) then I cant argue with you.

I used Proactiv for 4 months and I noticed small improvements, but my face was still a wreck so I moved onto different products. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. But hey, everyone's skin is different and if you have the time and money then it's worth a go.

It works... for a month... then ull get bad break out...

Who knows... Maybe i broke out cause face was oily.. or dry. :(

I switched to Neutrogena Advanced solutions and is working great :)

my face isn't dry... or oily..

is normal! :) soft.. etc :oP

Might go back to proactiv >_>

Is a good cream , i think i was using it wrong...

Putting to much.

If u use it right , then is good !! but it doesn't work for many people.

We all got different skin.

I think that proactiv can work for people who have very mild acne - but probably not much beyond that. According to the experts at the acne clinic I go to, proactiv is on the right track (e.g., antibacterial product + exfoliating product), however the products simply are not strong enough to tackle most people's acne. Plus, they also say the skin tends to adapt to products (this is different from antibacterial resistence), so milder products may work for a month or two - but then your skin adapts to them and the products stop working.

I was on Proactiv for a while. It would work for a short period of time and then if i so much as missed a day I would have a break out.

The problem with Proactiv is that the BP content is only a 2.5% so the effects are slow and it has no ability to control breakouts on acne prone skin. They do this because they want less people to get dried out so it appears to be a better product and they market it as thus.

There is another product out there now that is actually created by the dermatology association of america and it is stronger with much better forms of treating your acne no matter what kind of skin you have. It is called Derma Et Fusion. This system comes with a 5% and a 10% if you really sensative skin like me. Instead of a toner it has a Glycolic cream that turns over your skin cells faster than toners do and brightens your skin better. The website has a full line of products that will make your skin look great. I have been using this stuff for a couple on months and have not had one breakout since I started. :dance:

I was on Proactiv for a while. It would work for a short period of time and then if i so much as missed a day I would have a break out.

The problem with Proactiv is that the BP content is only a 2.5% so the effects are slow and it has no ability to control breakouts on acne prone skin. They do this because they want less people to get dried out so it appears to be a better product and they market it as thus.

There is another product out there now that is actually created by the dermatology association of america and it is stronger with much better forms of treating your acne no matter what kind of skin you have. It is called Derma Et Fusion. WWW.dermaetfusion.com. This system comes with a 5% and a 10% if you really sensative skin like me. Instead of a toner it has a Glycolic cream that turns over your skin cells faster than toners do and brightens your skin better. The website has a full line of products that will make your skin look great. I have been using this stuff for a couple on months and have not had one breakout since I started. :dance:

I saw acneFree has around 3.6%+ BP?

That's y i see everywhere that Acnefree is better then proactiv.

:/

ProActive worked for me for about three months, bueatifully. And then it quit. I came here, and since the BP part of Proactive was what did anything at all for me, I decided to try Dan's regimen (BP based). I haven't looked back since.

ProActive worked for me for about three months, bueatifully. And then it quit. I came here, and since the BP part of Proactive was what did anything at all for me, I decided to try Dan's regimen (BP based). I haven't looked back since.

Have u try AcneFree?

I agreed proactiv Works for 2-3 month , I was 100% clear for 1-2 month

then got dry ... started to break out....

then it got oily... broke out ... lol

now trying AcneFree... ,