Notifications
Clear all

Derma Roller Log

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 11/15/2008 3:25 pm

I figured I would log my use of a derma roller. anybody who wants to follow along or chime in then feel free. I have a 1.5mm and I did my first treatment today. I just did my right cheek as this is where the worst of my scaring is and being new at this there is no point going any further right now.

I sanitized my skin and the derma roller prior to doing this. I did not even ice my face before doing this. next time I might just do that. It took awhile to get a hang of it and I will be better next time I do it. there was definitely some pain. It was less painfull as I got further along into it. I was abit unsure how hard to press ect... there was some bleeding. I thought maybe there should be lots of bleeding needle holes but that was just not going to happen. and I pressed plenty hard enough I felt. Next time I will use short strokes as they seem to be the best way to go. I rolled in several directions like you are supposed to.

My skin is red and irritated a bit and sore. Looks kind of crappy but thats ok, it will get better. I used a vitamin c lotion with vitamin b, e and other nutrients in it after I was done. Not sure what to expect as far as the recovery process, only time will tell.

Again anybody who wants to comment or make any suggestions ect.. are more then welcome. I will update from time to time with updates and details. I am only going to focus on my right cheek for awhile til I can see how this all plays out.

MemberMember
(@banderee)

Posted : 11/16/2008 1:40 pm

Good Luck with the treatment. How long did you roll for in the session?

Are you not considering using Copper Peptides after you've rolled?

Please keep us posted on progress. I too will be starting the process soon.

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 11/16/2008 5:52 pm

Good Luck with the treatment. How long did you roll for in the session?

Are you not considering using Copper Peptides after you've rolled?

Please keep us posted on progress. I too will be starting the process soon.

banderee, thanks alot. Best of luck when you start yours..

I will most likely purchase some copper peptides down the road. I dont have any right now but I wanted to get started. I feel the topical lotion I am currently using is good enough for now. also I am supplementing vitamins and minerals as well as a healthy diet. But I will add peptides along the way.

I will definitely keep this forum posted with updates ect... just waiting to see how my skin recovers from this and this will help me judge how often I should do this.

Not including the sanitizing portion I would say the session took roughly 10 minutes. I will improve on this time I'm sure. this was only for the right side of my face too. It took some time to get the hang of this process. at first I did not know how hard to do this, my technique was awfull compared to how I finished. by the end I realized short strokes are the best method. focus on smaller area's and use short strokes then move onto another portion of the skin. I went over my whole right side and after I finished I realized I had not done a correct job. the amount of pressure was not enough and I had not rolled very evenly on my skin. so I gave it a second pass and by this time I was doing a better job. practice makes perfect. each treatment I intend to improve my skills. 😉

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 11/22/2008 5:44 pm

did my second derma roller treatment today. the healing seems to take about a week for me. atleast it did the first time. I advise anybody to not just mindlessly do a treatment once a week because others do. your skin might take 2 weeks before you do a second treatment. so use your brain people.

today I did a much better job. my technique was much improved. there is definitely some pain but thats just the way it goes. its over pretty quick. and you can take time outs to gather yourself and then you can continue when you have done just that. I did a area on my forehead this time and most of my left cheek as well. I used short strokes in in every direction. I just use small strokes and work over the whole cheek small roll by small roll. last week I was not using this tool correctly. this time I did. I rolled as the name imply's. lots of holes and bleeding this time. funny thing is, last week I feel I was more aggresive and got barely any blood spots. this week I let the tool do its job and got plenty of blood spots. soon as I wipe the blood spots they clot up. so its no biggy. I'm nice and red right now with irritation as to be expected.

I used my lotion's ect.. and now I will just let it heal itself. I also do a light glycolic peel weekly. I also am doing some light needling. I have needles and tried some last week, and I think I got it down. its tedeous but whatever. you can hear the skin break up when you needle. I am just trying it on some deeper scars and will keep you all updated on that in this log as well.

I am sticking with proper healthy diet, exercise, vitamins, minerals and supplements.

I got burned on my right cheek on the ball of the cheek area and my skin looks extra crappy there. I have had several treatments done on it but nothing seems to work. roughly in inch wide by 2 inches long area is just crappy. theres some scars mixed in, all the pores look burned and scared. the texture is awfull and its such a crappy addition to my skin which is allready bad enough. I'm hoping this derma roller treatment helps this area. because its not a deep scar. but just a area that is a different texture from the rest of my face because it was burned. if you have ever been burned they leave nasty scars. Lets see if this piece of sh!t burn can hold up against the constent bombardment of derma rolling and peels weekly.

will keep everybody updated on anything and everything. ;)

MemberMember
(@claisen)

Posted : 11/22/2008 11:41 pm

did my second derma roller treatment today. the healing seems to take about a week for me. atleast it did the first time. I advise anybody to not just mindlessly do a treatment once a week because others do. your skin might take 2 weeks before you do a second treatment. so use your brain people.

today I did a much better job. my technique was much improved. there is definitely some pain but thats just the way it goes. its over pretty quick. and you can take time outs to gather yourself and then you can continue when you have done just that. I did a area on my forehead this time and most of my left cheek as well. I used short strokes in in every direction. I just use small strokes and work over the whole cheek small roll by small roll. last week I was not using this tool correctly. this time I did. I rolled as the name imply's. lots of holes and bleeding this time. funny thing is, last week I feel I was more aggresive and got barely any blood spots. this week I let the tool do its job and got plenty of blood spots. soon as I wipe the blood spots they clot up. so its no biggy. I'm nice and red right now with irritation as to be expected.

I used my lotion's ect.. and now I will just let it heal itself. I also do a light glycolic peel weekly. I also am doing some light needling. I have needles and tried some last week, and I think I got it down. its tedeous but whatever. you can hear the skin break up when you needle. I am just trying it on some deeper scars and will keep you all updated on that in this log as well.

I am sticking with proper healthy diet, exercise, vitamins, minerals and supplements.

I got burned on my right cheek on the ball of the cheek area and my skin looks extra crappy there. I have had several treatments done on it but nothing seems to work. roughly in inch wide by 2 inches long area is just crappy. theres some scars mixed in, all the pores look burned and scared. the texture is awfull and its such a crappy addition to my skin which is allready bad enough. I'm hoping this derma roller treatment helps this area. because its not a deep scar. but just a area that is a different texture from the rest of my face because it was burned. if you have ever been burned they leave nasty scars. Lets see if this piece of sh!t burn can hold up against the constent bombardment of derma rolling and peels weekly.

will keep everybody updated on anything and everything. 😉

Hey munsoned,

Good luck on your needling, you are brave to do it yourself. I advise you to check the needles so often for its integrity, maybe with a magnifying glass. I've read several horror stories here in my country with needles that become deformed (hook-like) and ruined that person's face. Even docs would only use Dermarollers 5-6 times before replacing.

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 11/23/2008 11:51 am

Hey munsoned,

Good luck on your needling, you are brave to do it yourself. I advise you to check the needles so often for its integrity, maybe with a magnifying glass. I've read several horror stories here in my country with needles that become deformed (hook-like) and ruined that person's face. Even docs would only use Dermarollers 5-6 times before replacing.

thanks alot for the support claisen, I appreciate it. 🙂 the needling that I am doing I am doing very carefully, just some minor punturing of the scar. and I'm only doing a few. I am being so carefull if it does not work it wont cause any harm. thanks for the info on the needles. I do have a madnifying glass and will check them before I use them. 😉

I will remember to replace my derma roller after a handfull of treatments.

talk to you later bro.

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 01/08/2009 10:52 am

Did my second rolling session a couple days ago. also individual needling. its been over 6 weeks since my first session. after my first session I did see some minor progress.

I let my roller soak in rubbing alcohol for hours everyday the last few days leading up to my rolling. prepped my skin with the alcohol too. both for rolling and needling. I also did a glycolic peel recently leading up to this rolling..

my first session I did some individual needling with a larger needle. did a few scars. this time i used the diabetic needles lamaar suggested. I needled about 20 to 30 scars. I started with my forehead. took my time and did a thorough job. after that I needed a break. after a nice break I went to work on my left side. followed by a break. then onto the right side. my forehead took about 30 minutes. the left and right side took about an hour each. the needles lamaar suggested made the job much easier then the first time I did this with a larger sized needle. depending on the size of the scar determined how many punctures I made. I made sure to hit as much of the scar as I could.

so after doing the individual needling of ALL my deep scars I showered up and got ready to roll. I rolled directly after my shower. this took me quite awhile. I would say over an hour. I simply used ice to numb my face during the rolling. was not able to order the numbing cream yet.. will use the numbing cream next session most likely. truth be told. I am not trying to be gungho or macho in anyway. I was ready to do this. If I have to deal with the pain then so be it. ice did not do to much to ease the pain. I could certainly feel the needles and there was some discomfort to say the least. But theres no turning back. I knew I had to suck it up and do the best possible job I could and I did the best job I could. any more was over kill by the time I was done I feel. I did the area's on my forehead were the scars are. all are in the center portion of my forehead so I just rolled that area. my sides of my face I rolled just about the whole area.

after I was done I threw out my roller. I had the wider roller and I can see now why others say the 3 row is much better. It did a good job but I can tell that the 3 row will be better. so I'm going to buy a 3 row roller for my future rolling sessions. I wiped down my face and cleaned it a little bit. and then applied anti bacterial cream. kept it on til bed and then just used my CP and emu. woke up and applied the AB cream again and will leave it on all day. after that I will resume my normal skin care proccess. CP and emu..

I am excited to see how needling each scar works out. I hit every scar and I feel I did a good job on each. My goal was to do each scar the best I could. I have alot of scarring. If I can atleast greatly improve the scars on my forehead where its the least severe that would give me a great boost. I have about 8 scars on my forehead. about 3 of them are deep, one is deep and large. so my first goal would be to greatly improve this area. there for I could move on and focus on just my sides of my face. and I would finally have a scar free forehead. it would be 1 down, 2 to go.

there will be no rolling of any kind in the next 6 weeks at the least for me. I will just do my daily skin care program and see how the cp and emu work out. I have just started this up again. I was doing topical home made ascorbic acid which worked well. I will log my thoughts on the CP and emu for future reference.

I gotta alot of work to do so theres along way to go for me. But heres to hoping for great things in the weeks and months to come. :)

MemberMember
(@beyondthescar)

Posted : 01/08/2009 1:52 pm

Can you needle the scars on the temples?

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 01/08/2009 1:58 pm

i dont see why not?? I have a few scars on y temple on each side. but really only one bothers me so I used the individual needling on that scar. I dont not derma roll my temples.. I didn't see a need to.

MemberMember
(@missd)

Posted : 01/08/2009 10:06 pm

I have not written in a while regarding the Derma Roller but I think it works, it just takes time.

I use the Lidocaine 5% and the pain is still sometimes unbearable, even if i take a pain reliever before hand. I wish I could find something stronger because I truly feel that I could "tenderize" the area more thoroughly. I ordered the 3mm off Ebay. I have a scar in the middle of my forehead that started out as a pimple and one on the cheek and chin. According to the Dermatologist, I am a "picker". I have since stopped but I am left with scars. Anyway, what I notice after the derma roller treatment is that new pores form and there is less and less shine with the scar. Problem with that is sometimes oil gets trapped in those new pores. But new pores is a good indication that the treatment works. Scar looks less like a scar. This is great because I can cover it with makeup. I truly believe that with time, I will be able to go without makeup. However, with the treatment the scar swells and does not go completely flat. But a steroid injection from the dermatologist will flatten out a raised scar. But i have tried just about every other type of treatment and this has shown the most improvement over every other procedure. Also, I rolled a dark spot on my face and it actually became lighter the next day. I remember reading something about why this happens but it does help lighten dark spots.

will keep everybody updated on anything and everything. ;)

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 01/09/2009 12:05 am

I have not written in a while regarding the Derma Roller but I think it works, it just takes time.

I use the Lidocaine 5% and the pain is still sometimes unbearable, even if i take a pain reliever before hand. I wish I could find something stronger because I truly feel that I could "tenderize" the area more thoroughly. I ordered the 3mm off Ebay. I have a scar in the middle of my forehead that started out as a pimple and one on the cheek and chin. According to the Dermatologist, I am a "picker". I have since stopped but I am left with scars. Anyway, what I notice after the derma roller treatment is that new pores form and there is less and less shine with the scar. Problem with that is sometimes oil gets trapped in those new pores. But new pores is a good indication that the treatment works. Scar looks less like a scar. This is great because I can cover it with makeup. I truly believe that with time, I will be able to go without makeup. However, with the treatment the scar swells and does not go completely flat. But a steroid injection from the dermatologist will flatten out a raised scar. But i have tried just about every other type of treatment and this has shown the most improvement over every other procedure. Also, I rolled a dark spot on my face and it actually became lighter the next day. I remember reading something about why this happens but it does help lighten dark spots.

thats uplifting news. we just gotta keep at it and never give up the fight. we will win this battle.. theres a post entiled "OK GUYS" lamaar is the author of the post and is a long time roller. you may want to read the entire thread. He has come up with some pretty effective ways to make derma rolling more effective.. and theres links in the thread to buy pain creams ect.. which you may want to look into.

good luck with your treatment. feel free to post with updates on my log any time. I would love to know how your treatments and progress are going..

Later.. 🙂

MemberMember
(@just-another1)

Posted : 01/09/2009 10:23 am

Hey munsoned, glad to see you started a log. I'll follow your progress as time goes by.

Best of luck.

MemberMember
(@lamarr1986)

Posted : 01/09/2009 10:27 am

Yes but i wouldn't go deeper than about 1.5-2mm tops. 1.5mm is all i would risk on the temples personally.

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 01/09/2009 11:05 am

Hey munsoned, glad to see you started a log. I'll follow your progress as time goes by.

Best of luck.

Thank you JA1 🙂 . glad you are following along.. add input of any kind when ever you feel like it.. I started this about 7 weeks ago but theres just not alot to report yet. hopefully in the weeks and months to come I can start adding more to the log..

Yes but i wouldn't go deeper than about 1.5-2mm tops. 1.5mm is all i would risk on the temples personally.

thanks for pitching in with some advice lamaar. you are the man with this stuff so stop in and add advice of any kind on anything at any time. 😉

MemberMember
(@just-another1)

Posted : 01/12/2009 11:37 am

Hey munsoned, How are things going with that Emu oil you are using? Do you have normally oil skin? Does it make your skin more oily? Does it leave a sheen over your face after you apply it? What negatives if any, would you say, you have received from it?

I'm trying to come up with a good base for making homemade sunblock and Emu oil was one of the ingredients I was looking into.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 01/12/2009 3:04 pm

Hey munsoned, How are things going with that Emu oil you are using? Do you have normally oil skin? Does it make your skin more oily? Does it leave a sheen over your face after you apply it? What negatives if any, would you say, you have received from it?

I'm trying to come up with a good base for making homemade sunblock and Emu oil was one of the ingredients I was looking into.

Thanks

JA1, I have super oily skin. Its crazy how oily it gets. I have been supplementing vitamin b5 powder and my oilyness has decreases quite a bit! also you can add alittle to your home made topicals and its very effective at keeping skin oil free topicaly..

the emu has been fine so far. A few breakouts but thats to be expected because skin must adjust to any new topicals. now its doing well. some emu oils are very oily and greasy. I searched on ebay until I found a seller who posted comments from his customers and they said how non oily and greasy his emu was compared to many others they tried.

quality emu oil should not be oily once its applied to the skin. it should absorb very well into the skin. the stuff I use absorbs right away. no sheen or anything like that. I would say my skin is lesss oily if anything. It leaves my skin soft, dry and feeling healthy. I know skin biology is a name you could trust with emu oil. they add some extra ingredients in theres to like vitamin E ect.. The stuff I use is cheap and very high quality. I will continue to use this guy. If you want his ebay seller id pm me and I will send it to you. I acually emailed the seller this morning and told him I would forward his name to other people and he was happy of course as I am helping his business.. But the way I look at it is. I am happy to help him out because afterall, he hooks up a quality product at a very good price. and he's an honest guy and thats all you can ask right.. 🙂

MemberMember
(@just-another1)

Posted : 01/12/2009 9:07 pm

^ Hey munsoned, thanks for the feedback. Long before there was an acne.org I used to read the usenet acne group. It was then ( approx. 1997 or 1998 ) that B5 started taking off. I was megadosing about 20grams a day for many months and it did absolutely NOTHING for me. Except giving the worst case of the squirts I have ever had.

Info was extremely limited back then and in many ways we were playing guinea pig for anything that would help. I would never attempt something like that again.

I never tried B5 topically so I may consider that.

Based on what you mentioned about the Emu oil breaking you slightly, I will probably pass on it. My skin usually can't tolerate oils of any kind. Recently, I tried peppermint oil and that was an exception.

I'm sure if you had some out-breaks from it, I would end up completely covered.

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 01/12/2009 10:22 pm

^ Hey munsoned, thanks for the feedback. Long before there was an acne.org I used to read the usenet acne group. It was then ( approx. 1997 or 1998 ) that B5 started taking off. I was megadosing about 20grams a day for many months and it did absolutely NOTHING for me. Except giving the worst case of the squirts I have ever had.

Info was extremely limited back then and in many ways we were playing guinea pig for anything that would help. I would never attempt something like that again.

Based on what you mentioned about the Emu oil breaking you slightly, I will probably pass on it. My skin usually can't tolerate oils of any kind. Recently, I tried peppermint oil and that was an exception.

thats very interesting info on the b5.. I dosed about 8 or 9 grams for 2 months roughly and now just about 5 grams a day. I used it in combination with it topicaly the whole time thou. about 2 or 3 times topicaly a day. I take a dose now first thing in the morn and before bed. I started noticing slightly less oily skin pretty quickly from applying it topicaly. nothing to write home about at first.. but about 4 months in I noticed my skin was finally considerably less oily. now I dont even use it topicaly and just oraly and my skin in regards to its oilyness is at an all time best. I make sure to get my b5 from a quality source.. not saying yours was not. just pointing out I do know some places will sell very low grade b5 powder among other supplements and vitamins.. but topicaly seems to be pretty effective if you decide to give it a shot..

the place I get my powder comes tagged with a Certificate of Analysis. I get it from purebulk.com great prices on bulk D-Calcium Pantothenate Powder..

Later.

MemberMember
(@crzyakta)

Posted : 01/13/2009 12:49 am

hey, just another1 was wondering about the peppermint oil, did it stop blackheads and your oily skin?

thanks

MemberMember
(@just-another1)

Posted : 01/13/2009 11:43 am

thats very interesting info on the b5.. I dosed about 8 or 9 grams for 2 months roughly and now just about 5 grams a day. I used it in combination with it topicaly the whole time thou. about 2 or 3 times topicaly a day. I take a dose now first thing in the morn and before bed. I started noticing slightly less oily skin pretty quickly from applying it topicaly. nothing to write home about at first.. but about 4 months in I noticed my skin was finally considerably less oily. now I dont even use it topicaly and just oraly and my skin in regards to its oilyness is at an all time best. I make sure to get my b5 from a quality source.. not saying yours was not. just pointing out I do know some places will sell very low grade b5 powder among other supplements and vitamins.. but topicaly seems to be pretty effective if you decide to give it a shot..

the place I get my powder comes tagged with a Certificate of Analysis. I get it from purebulk.com great prices on bulk D-Calcium Pantothenate Powder..

Later.

I know now there are sites and companies in business that deal in B5 alone. In the time I started B5, this wasn't the case. There were about 3 companies most people from the group dealt with. I remember NOW and Solgar being at least two of them.

Many who used these brands claimed good results. That's why everyone followed their lead. It appeared some people were helped while many other were not.

Just out of curiosity, back then we all based this therapy off a 4 or 5 paragraph medical report by a Korean? physician. Are you aware of any other detailed medical reports that might have been produced since the late 90s?

If there were recent medical reports showing success with B5, I might consider dosing again with it.

C Ya

MemberMember
(@just-another1)

Posted : 01/13/2009 11:52 am

hey, just another1 was wondering about the peppermint oil, did it stop blackheads and your oily skin?

thanks

Peppermint oil is effective on oil skin. I used it at 1 part peppermint oil to 15 parts bottled water. I applied with a cotton ball. I rubbed a lil harder around the nose area. This area is were I'm prone to blackheads.

I seen a decrease in my oil out put for sure. I was also surprised to find the blackhead falling out after about 1 week of treatment. I would love to have continued using it but I really can't fit it into my current dermaroller routine.

I have tough skin and at 1/15 this solution stings like hell when first applied. I used a hand fan to help evaporate it. Once evaporated the sting stops. It briefly turns the skin red when first applied but quickly the redness goes away.

Hope that helps crzyakta.

Later

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 01/13/2009 2:03 pm

I know now there are sites and companies in business that deal in B5 alone. In the time I started B5, this wasn't the case. There were about 3 companies most people from the group dealt with. I remember NOW and Solgar being at least two of them.

Many who used these brands claimed good results. That's why everyone followed their lead. It appeared some people were helped while many other were not.

Just out of curiosity, back then we all based this therapy off a 4 or 5 paragraph medical report by a Korean? physician. Are you aware of any other detailed medical reports that might have been produced since the late 90s?

If there were recent medical reports showing success with B5, I might consider dosing again with it.

C Ya

Dr. Lit-Hung Leung report right.. thats the only study done to date. not sure why nobody wants to look into it further??

I happen to think NOW is a solid company so I dont think it was the quality that was the issue. maybe its just not very effective.. I spoke to somebody in depth about this. A person who acually sells b5 powder and they claim its the best grade available. that they had tried many other b5 powders with no luck but had success with there own.. I know what you're thinking. of course somebody would say the stuff they sell is the best..But I spoke with this person in depth for about a month nearly everyday and acually learned alot from them. they made no efforts to sell me there powder. infact they even suggested me to a few places to buy b5 powder alittle cheaper that they felt was still a decent quality b5. and they also suffered from oily skin, severe acne and scaring..So we talked about our issues.. they learned about b5 powder in there own quest to help themself. when they finally found a b5 that helped they decided to sell it and help others. this seller was super nice and helpfull.

they told me you cant follow the original report exactly like its written.. heres some key points they mentioned. start off with about 2-3 grams daily for a week or two. then slowly increase until you take 10g a day divided in 4 doses. they said apply the home made topical cream 3-4 times a day. the report says 3 months you should be clear and then you can reduce your dose to a maintenance dose..but this seller told me it can take 6 months for some people. they say the problem is most people dont combine the topical with the oral dosing. and that after 3-5 months most people give up if they dont see results..

So when I set out to do it I followed this persons directions. I take so many supplements and vitamins daily I figured whats one more?? at first I did work up to 4 divided doses. roughly 10 grams.. 4 times a day with the topical. first couple months nothing. My skin was out of control oily which is what lead me to find this approach. I switched up and started taking about 4/5 grams in two serving s a day. once in the morning with some food to increase absoprtion and same thing at night. never stopped using the topical about 3 times a day. at about 4 months I noticed a difference. I think the topical is a big part of this. at the very least you may want to give the topical a shot. just add a pinch to your topical. you will notice a difference in the way the b5 works on your skin from the first time you use it. I just figure its cheap, just take a couple servings a day and dont stop. I continue to use it and my skin is still more oily than somebody with normal skin. But its not nearly as oily as it was..

Later..

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 01/13/2009 2:09 pm

just to add to my log. its been 1 week 7 days since I rolled. my skin stayed red for about a whole week. its still a bit dry with some dead skin still falling off. I'm just now seeing the swelling going down and my beautiful scars coming back into focus.

Now its just a waiting game..

I acually broke out a bit from rolling. I am sure the anti bacterial cream helped cause some breakouts. also I believe the treatment of rolling itself contributes to some minor breakouts..I believe because its a aggresive treatment and anything this aggresive will tend to make the skin react.. Just my thoughts..

MemberMember
(@just-another1)

Posted : 01/13/2009 3:52 pm

Hey munsoned, What cream do you add the B5 to? I guess you are ok with using it with CP's?

BTW, I did my first roll with the 1.5 mm today. My Emla cream ( I actually bought the generic) was delivered yesterday. I found that using both the Emla and the 1.5mm was alot more comfortable than using the 0.5mm alone with no numbing cream.

I don't think I was aggressive enough. I know this session was alot more effective then the 0.5s but I can see my skin coming back to a normal state within a 2 days. Also, maybe it's because I got use to the stanard size roller but I found the 3 line required more work in that not as much area was covered.

I may consider picking up one of the generic eBay standard 1.5mm to see how things go.

P.S. for anyone using the Emla cream, use a good amount, especially in the areas where you want to be more aggressive. Cover with the cling wrap/saran wrap and wait at least 45 minutes to 1 hour. I also found that you should hit one area aggressively at a time because if you try to go back, the numbing effect of the cream wears off.

Later

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 01/13/2009 4:25 pm

Hey munsoned, What cream do you add the B5 to? I guess you are ok with using it with CP's?

BTW, I did my first roll with the 1.5 mm today. My Emla cream ( I actually bought the generic) was delivered yesterday. I found that using both the Emla and the 1.5mm was alot more comfortable than using the 0.5mm alone with no numbing cream.

I don't think I was aggressive enough. I know this session was alot more effective then the 0.5s but I can see my skin coming back to a normal state within a 2 days. Also, maybe it's because I got use to the stanard size roller but I found the 3 line required more work in that not as much area was covered.

I may consider picking up one of the generic eBay standard 1.5mm to see how things go.

P.S. for anyone using the Emla cream, use a good amount, especially in the areas where you want to be more aggressive. Cover with the cling wrap/saran wrap and wait at least 45 minutes to 1 hour. I also found that you should hit one area aggressively at a time because if you try to go back, the numbing effect of the cream wears off.

Later

really glad you posted this JA1.. thank you... I used the topical b5 with my home made vitamin c topical. I am not using the b5 topicaly anymore. just oraly. I stopped when I started my cp..

I am very glad to hear you have begun treatment with your 1.5mm..I will use emla next time.

i was not aggresive enough my first time either. It takes some getting used to. I was acually so upset at myself for doing such a wimpy first session I waited a week and did it again much better. But my 2nd time I did the best I have done it yet. I would imagine each time we will keep getting better..

you like the standard roller then. I used the cheap standard myself from ebay and just purchased a quality 3 row for my next treatment. thou its going to be smaller area's the 3 row hits and will most likely take longer and require more effort. I noticed its alittle difficult to evenly hit the skin with the standard. or atleast in my case it was. so I am going to try the 3 row next session and see what I think.

its a great thing theres several of us all doing this treatment. we can all share info and experiences ect.. and it makes things alot easier for us all and increases our chance for success..

well, time to just sit back and heal up and hope for the best..